R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-16-2005, 09:09 PM   #16
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by JosephatCRC
vtl1180ny - yes, there are different carpet compounds. The carpet foam tires are on the way to the US now.
Will 12th scale tires be avaliable?
fatdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:55 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

gr8 products. out lastes any other tire tred that i no of. Keep up the good work.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:28 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

12th scale tire is the next project at the factory.
JosephatCRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 09:20 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

What compounds would you recommend for carpet racing??

What is similar to a plaid or cyan??
Old 02-17-2005, 09:39 AM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I'll take 2 pairs, I'll pay for them too.... Something similar to Cyan/Magenta or Dbl Pink/Dbp Pink-orange....
Old 02-17-2005, 06:10 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

The GQ carpet tires are here now. Any one interested please email [email protected]

So far all comments from drivers who used GQ tires before have been favorable. Good news for GQ. But GQ's been selling in the U.S. for more than two years, and only a few drivers tried it . . .

Have you tried GQ before, please share your comment with us. We appreciate your comment whether its about GQ quality or service, good or bad. For those who have shared their experience with us, THANK YOU.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:47 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

but what would be similar to a plaid or cyan compounds that TRC or Parma makes??

What are the shore rating on your tires??
Old 02-18-2005, 02:05 PM   #23
Tech Initiate

The GQ carpet tires come in five color ratings. They are the dual compound R/Magenta which is rated at 55/40 shore, the C1 single compound Purple is rated at 45, the C1 Magenta is rated at 40, the C2 single compound Black is rated at 45, and the C2 Gray is rated at 40. The C1 is good for both carpet adn asphalt racing. The C2 is good for carpet racing only. Hope this info helps.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:14 PM   #24
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

i have tried GQ tyres before and they are very good, unfortunatley i only used them for 2 heats (i chunked one of mine, damn crappy team orion foams), they had consistant grip throughout the races and they didnt show any signs of chunking, wheels cracking or buckle and the foam was secured to the rim fairly well, they were on there for good

i would send in a resume but it appears that you are only offering it to US residents (from previous posts i have read^) and i don't know if my fellow friend would appreciate it (although he doesn't distribute tyres )
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:19 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

It's too bad you are not in the U.S., otherwise you would be an ideal candidate for the GQ sponsored driver program. Anyway, gentleman, thank you for sharing your GQ experience here with us.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:14 AM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Joseph nice site
I noticed you that GQproducts are gonna be making rubber tires for 1/10 touring.
I will benefit big time since I race electric indoors & outdoors & nitro.
The tire truer looks sweet
I still have a set of foams from last year & can't wait to run them again in the upcoming nitro season.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:24 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I use GQ tires regularly on my nitro sedan. The rims are very good and they rarely chunk. I made the A-main at the Paris memorial race as well as winning the Winter wind-up. I use the air filters and exhaust gaskets as well.

As a note, for the Mugen drivers.. Use the 0 offset rims. If you use the 2 degree rims you will have a very hard time making your car 200mm. They also come in a nice sealed bag which is great for the slow racing times. Here in Vegas we race year round, but that is not the norm. Another note for those not familiar with GQ. This is a spoked style wheel. I have never broken a wheel.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:04 PM   #28
Tech Initiate

Thanks Scott for the advice. Some of us are lucky to be living in warmer states where we can have fun racing year round. Most of the public have no idea of how much fun this r/c hobby has to offer. Let's bring them in. . . I know volume brings down price. . . racing can be more affordable for every one.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:09 PM   #29
Tech Initiate

A big THANK YOU to all applicants. Your response are above what I had hope for. I will reply to each and everyone after we go thru all app.

I also want to say Thank You to those who shared their GQ experience here with us.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:14 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

well, i just got home from the Texas Champs race, down in Dallas on carpet/foams... ran Stock Sedan.

had a rough 1st qual, set me at 14th at the time, then 2nd and 3rd qual had a bit of a weird problem with the motor sticking (handout of course!), and finally in the 4th q, i got an A-main run, barely! 10th on the grid.

triple main format, got a 7th, DNF due to getting smacked in the side, moved motor and jammed pinion into spur so hard it locked the car up! and the motor was still tight in the car... then the 3rd round, i got a 6th, finishing 7th overall...

used the Red/Magenta on front, Magenta on rear, cut to ~57mm. i was very pleased with the performance of the tires, to say the least! very durable wheels, too... caught a couple boards, and no marks on the wheels, still straight and true.

these compounds seemed very similar to the standard cyan/magenta's i compared them with.

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote