R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-13-2005, 10:34 PM   #151
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Hopefully I will see ya @ Jackson latest weather update it might just let up & will get a chance to race
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 06:19 AM   #152
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

If I wake up and it is not raining I am taking the drive....if it is a light drizzle I may still decide to head up those guy at Jackson are fanatical about getting their track dry....5 shop vacs, 3-4 gas blowers....

Last edited by TigeRyan; 05-14-2005 at 12:32 PM.
TigeRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 06:36 AM   #153
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to RayWarner

We are having same problem, maybe rain/ maybe not rain, but def. cold. High tonight will be 45. The cold is fine, rain bad, very bad. ray
RayWarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #154
Tech Champion

Hey fellas finally got to run my tires @ www.rcmadness.com
Had some bad qualifiers but qualified last for the B Main & at the sound of the tone went 65 laps in 1st postion then my car started sliding out on right turns & dropped to 2nd & got bumped to the A Main.
My Teammate had some Jaco tire issue's so I gave im a set of GQ 37's for his car it was like night & day he qualified 5th for the Main & came in 1st in the A Main his hooked on the tires & is looking forward to using them tomorrow @ Jackson.
The weather will pass & we will have a great day of racing look forward to meeting both of you look for the Orange rims
Old 05-14-2005, 10:09 PM   #155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Despite the fact the I turned down sponsorship for GQ, these are very good tires and wheels. Anybody that is scared because of the price or any other reasons, don't be. These are good products.
Old 05-15-2005, 06:29 AM   #156
Tech Regular

Hello all. I was out last night looking like an pollar bear. It was so codl and windy two of us wore goggles. When I left the track and headed home the temp was 48. I get cold just thinking about it now!! I was able to qualify 5th and finished 3rd. I didn't have anything for the top two guys, they were on fire. The tires worked well tonight and wear wasn't a problem. Track temp was in the low 50's and it was sprayed heavy. When we walked on the track before the main you could hear your shoes sticking to the asphalt! Awesome. Good luck to the guys today! Ray
Old 05-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Ill back up ray in that one.... i was having a bit of trouble trying to get my car to grip well. I was trying to get ray to loan me some of those orange rimmed foams,, But he would not have anything to do with that.. But then suggested buying some off the website... I am really thinking about doing so cause they have very good grip and wear.
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #158
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

anyone know when the 1/12th tires are due out? i just acquired a 12L4, and not partial to those yellow wheels... need some orange!

Joseph, if you read these posts, ill mention that i need to call ya to get some fresh tires... prolly around tuesday or so...

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:12 PM   #159
Tech Master

Whew, just got back from the Jackson Trinity Race....long day, 3 rain delays but still alot of good racing, got to meet 710baby and ended up pitting for him in the A-Main after he bumped up, sweet drive man...I was chasing him in the B-Main when my motor moved and disengaged....but the tires were FLAWLESS, lots of traction, low wear, no chunks, no cracked rim, absolutely perfect all day, even had fun power drifting the nitro as we were drying the track

Gonna be out with the car again this coming Sunday at my local track, Alpine Lounge....this track will give the tires a good workout, we call the track the cheese grater cause it eat up tires....
Old 05-16-2005, 10:50 AM   #160
Tech Champion

Hey Tige it was nice meeting you @ Jackson had a blast.
& Thanks again for the the great pitting it kept me on the pace but you saw the issues I had to deal with but it was a great run & 5th in the A is better than ny 10th place start & I had third locked.
But overall we all got a chance to have a great day of racing & observing.
At least Gq tires took 1st in the A main on Sat @ Madness
& 1st & Tq in the A Main & 5th in A Main on Sunday @ Jackson raceway.
we also had a couple of other drivers who gave the Gq a try & they were sold.
I still can't belive that I traction rolled in the A Main never had that in nitro.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:55 AM   #161
Tech Master

Yeah, good to meet you as well....You definitely had a 3rd or 4th place car, some early trouble and then late when you lost your body clips were the difference, you definitely drove a very good race....

I am hoping to have a bit more of my car sorta out by the next big race up at Jackson so I can have a bit better showing (read: Put it in the A!)
Old 05-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #162
Tech Regular

Congrats guy! Sounds like you all had a interesting weekend too. I would esp. like to give a BIG THANK YOU to 710baby for helping me out! (You know what you did ) It's great to have a teammate like you! Thanks again, Ray
Old 05-16-2005, 05:39 PM   #163
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RayWarner
Hello all. I was out last night looking like an pollar bear. It was so codl and windy two of us wore goggles. When I left the track and headed home the temp was 48. I get cold just thinking about it now!!
Ray, you wimp! How long have you lived in the midwest? j/k. Good run Saturday, man.

I've got a question for all the GQ experts here. I have 2 days of running on my tires (35 shore, 30mm rears all around on an electric TC), and on the first day of running (mod, kinda low traction) I saw about 1.5 mm of wear over 6 runs (from brand new size). Last Saturday (19T, higher grip), I saw about 3 to 3.5 mm wear over 4 runs. I was suprised to see such an increase in wear between the 2 weeks. Was it the increased grip level, the fact the second week track had more turns? Should I expect the wear rate to increase so much as the tires decrease in diameter? All seem like possible explaination to me. What do you guys think? Thanks for the input!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #164
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by RayWarner
Congrats guy! Sounds like you all had a interesting weekend too. I would esp. like to give a BIG THANK YOU to 710baby for helping me out! (You know what you did ) It's great to have a teammate like you! Thanks again, Ray
#2 Supersized
Old 05-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #165
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Juan Valdez
Ray, you wimp! How long have you lived in the midwest? j/k. Good run Saturday, man.

I've got a question for all the GQ experts here. I have 2 days of running on my tires (35 shore, 30mm rears all around on an electric TC), and on the first day of running (mod, kinda low traction) I saw about 1.5 mm of wear over 6 runs (from brand new size). Last Saturday (19T, higher grip), I saw about 3 to 3.5 mm wear over 4 runs. I was suprised to see such an increase in wear between the 2 weeks. Was it the increased grip level, the fact the second week track had more turns? Should I expect the wear rate to increase so much as the tires decrease in diameter? All seem like possible explaination to me. What do you guys think? Thanks for the input!
Need more info:
are you using nitro compounds for indoors or are you running outdoors.