R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2005, 11:24 AM   #1
Tech Master
 
rctoyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Clay, Alabama
Posts: 1,110
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default X-Ray T1FK or T1FK05

Trying to decide between a T1FK and T1FK05 - a lot of unknowns with the 05, I know - but I don't want to buy a car that is already "behind the curve" so to speak....

Any thoughts?
__________________
----
Jeff
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

you can choose to be a follower, or a leader...if your not up to trying something new...or dont have confidence in your set up abilities....get an fk....no one but you can say whats best for you...evaluate what you have to wrok with...and go for it......
Mdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:27 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
rctoyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Clay, Alabama
Posts: 1,110
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Wow - lots of views, but only one opinion?

"Evaluate what you have to work with" - ? I don't follow...
__________________
----
Jeff
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:46 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 157
Send a message via AIM to g_bruin Send a message via Yahoo to g_bruin
Default

If you feel the need to keep up with the latest, then go for the FK05. If you want something that has been very well proven, then stick with the FK.

You are right that there are many unknowns now as to FK05's ability. But having been with Xray since the T1, I am confident that the 05FK will be just as good if not better thank FK. I just got the FK a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be any happier.

It is, by far, the most radical change compared to previous models but it is still an Xray.
g_bruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:48 PM   #5
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: So Cal
Posts: 300
Default

Since there are no FKs to be found anywhere, it's a no brainer. Just wait for the FK05 to arrive. I don't thnk shops will carry the FK once the FK05 arrives. Everyone tends to get the newer kit to stay ahead. If you are really set on a FK, you can pick up a used one for cheap after the FK05 arrives.
Headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
NVisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

there are a few FK kits on ebay, but look for them to be grossly overpriced as they are quite a rare find.

I had an EVO2 and i must say it was awesome, an FK could only be better. I really dont think you could go wrong with either car.
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:04 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,300
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Either car is going to be awesome to drive ...

I just sold my FK - not the get the FK05 (well not right-away) ... but I have no complaints about the car. It was smooth, consistent, and durable - since I am only really a club racer, I doubt I will notice the difference between the two cars whenever I decide to get the new FK05.

That leads to my point - you should base your decision on a couple things:

1) your budget ... a used (and well cared for) FK may be a great deal for you. The car is still an X-Ray - the build quality is awesome. One of the faster guys at my track still uses an EVO2 and whips most people.

2) Your skill at setting-up the car. The FK has a ton of set-ups available to you - all with different track conditions ... the FK05 - none yet. It would be quite a bit of trial and error with the FK05, if you have the skills they this does't matter to you.

Either way, I am sure that as a non-pro driver, either choice will have you end-up with a great car.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 08:44 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 298
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by g_bruin
If you feel the need to keep up with the latest, then go for the FK05. If you want something that has been very well proven, then stick with the FK.

You are right that there are many unknowns now as to FK05's ability. But having been with Xray since the T1, I am confident that the 05FK will be just as good if not better thank FK. I just got the FK a couple of weeks ago and couldn't be any happier.

It is, by far, the most radical change compared to previous models but it is still an Xray.
Although the current Xray FK is awesome car,the FK '05 kit is really a step foward in handling.During the last day of practice @ Snowbird's, I was given a new FK'05 to build and race with.The quality of the part's and finish is still top notch,and the car is still very well balanced and the car seems to carry more corner speed and have more steering than the old FK.The chassis is alot narrower and the sides did not touch down,so I could run the car lower than my older kit and the drive train has less drag(larger pulley's)
All of the part's from the FK will transfer over to the new FK 05 kit(including the belt's) with the exception of:Layshaft,bulkhead's,topdeck's,diff pulley's and steering bellcrank/servo saver.)So If you have a stocked part's box you have nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps,Good luck racing!
Brian Jucha
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:19 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
BlackKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Northside San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,335
Default

More steering than an FK? Is that even possible? LOL
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 10:19 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
NVisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,188
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackKat
More steering than an FK? Is that even possible? LOL
i was thinking the same thing. Insane
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #11
Tech Regular
 
ddesros2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Windsor, Canada-eh!!
Posts: 403
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackKat
More steering than an FK? Is that even possible? LOL
More steering , I'm trying to dial out steering on my FK.

I've only been out one race day with it so far, it has MAD amounts on steering, but it takes it like champ. I can rip the car into any corner and it stays locked down perfect. I just need more practice time
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
MClinton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 399
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BrianJ
Although the current Xray FK is awesome car,the FK '05 kit is really a step foward in handling.During the last day of practice @ Snowbird's, I was given a new FK'05 to build and race with.The quality of the part's and finish is still top notch,and the car is still very well balanced and the car seems to carry more corner speed and have more steering than the old FK.The chassis is alot narrower and the sides did not touch down,so I could run the car lower than my older kit and the drive train has less drag(larger pulley's)
All of the part's from the FK will transfer over to the new FK 05 kit(including the belt's) with the exception of:Layshaft,bulkhead's,topdeck's,diff pulley's and steering bellcrank/servo saver.)So If you have a stocked part's box you have nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps,Good luck racing!
Brian Jucha
Thanks Brian, nice work last week at the Birds. I'll see you this weekend with a lot of questions, I'm sure.

Matt Clinton
MClinton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:09 PM   #13
Tech Apprentice
 
ms2005fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 86
Default

I would have to go with the Xray t1FK05.
ms2005fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
X-ray T1FK 05 dawgmeat R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 12-13-2005 03:40 PM
2-Xray T1FK05 roller with tons of spares Bmi T1fk GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 43 12-06-2005 01:59 PM
NIB T1FK $275 micros_rock R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 04-22-2005 12:31 PM
X-ray T1fk johnny boy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 04-08-2005 02:48 PM
T1FK Vs. RDX Team-RTR Australian Racing 14 12-29-2004 05:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:25 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net