R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #16
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Be weary on this first batch. The timing rings are messed up and supposedly I was told they would not go past 20 degrees timing unless you dremel some stuff out. They are supposed to go to 40 degrees like the Revtechs do.

Just FYI

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Wisconsin USA
Posts: 3,341
Trader Rating: 217 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Be weary on this first batch. The timing rings are messed up and supposedly I was told they would not go past 20 degrees timing unless you dremel some stuff out. They are supposed to go to 40 degrees like the Revtechs do.

Just FYI

EA
No quality control, huh!!!
Andy Koback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Koback View Post
No quality control, huh!!!
Its just what I was told by a reliable source. I have not had my hands on any to verify this. SO someone would have to buy one and post to confirm.

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #19
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

It sounds like people have already recieved them....now just waiting on feedback
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #20
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
It sounds like people have already recieved them....now just waiting on feedback
You have seen one run at LH.... (And No, it was not in my car...)
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
You have seen one run at LH.... (And No, it was not in my car...)
Whom Barry? Espo and Garcia are running revtech's. Hohnstein is running an older motor from dieter. They aren't stock RevTechs but I am 99 percent sure I know all of it quick tricks. I am just waiting on all the parts to come in to create the monster but they are out of stock on a few. Cause I'm getting killed in 13.5
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Whom Barry? Espo and Garcia are running revtech's. Hohnstein is running an older motor from dieter. They aren't stock RevTechs but I am 99 percent sure I know all of it quick tricks. I am just waiting on all the parts to come in to create the monster but they are out of stock on a few. Cause I'm getting killed in 13.5
It was about 3 weeks ago, it was being tested....
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #23
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,143
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Why are they so ugly?

Is Trinity the only brand doing the short stator trick?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:18 AM   #24
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Why are they so ugly?

Is Trinity the only brand doing the short stator trick?
reedy sells an optional shorter
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #25
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Why are they so ugly?

Is Trinity the only brand doing the short stator trick?
No there are some others that are short to but they have always been shorter than the EPIC stuff. This motor is just on par with the rest now. Also it does make the wire shorter when the stack is shorter but does so at the expense of less iron on the stator which changes other things. So you get the benefit of less wire (less resistance) but loose in other areas. Its all about the trade offs! LOL

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 AM   #26
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Any word of a 21.5 version?
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #27
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanP View Post
Whom Barry? Espo and Garcia are running revtech's. Hohnstein is running an older motor from dieter. They aren't stock RevTechs but I am 99 percent sure I know all of it quick tricks. I am just waiting on all the parts to come in to create the monster but they are out of stock on a few. Cause I'm getting killed in 13.5
You had every bit as much power as I did last week.
You don't need to "create the monster".............its all in your head.
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #28
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hohnstein View Post
You had every bit as much power as I did last week.
You don't need to "create the monster".............its all in your head.
I'm not looking for the monster for the everyweek. I want to know that I can dial in more power for the Nats. This past weekend was a throw away after all the problems I was having. The only thing where I ran well was at the main if i wasn't geared super aggresivly and didn't run the motor hot to where it started to die off. I want the same speed I started with to be able to run around 160 without drop off in the later minutes. So i am making modifications. Granted I am hoping that for the Nats it will not be 101 degrees either though in which case it might not matter as much.
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #29
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,143
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
No there are some others that are short to but they have always been shorter than the EPIC stuff. This motor is just on par with the rest now. Also it does make the wire shorter when the stack is shorter but does so at the expense of less iron on the stator which changes other things. So you get the benefit of less wire (less resistance) but loose in other areas. Its all about the trade offs!
Like torque? For indoor carpet racing, I'm starting to find torque more beneficial than RPM.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #30
Tech Elite
 
NolanP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Westmont
Posts: 2,426
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Like torque? For indoor carpet racing, I'm starting to find torque more beneficial than RPM.
Come race at leisure hours where the straight is 225 feet
__________________
Mod Touring Car
Mod 12th
Nitro TC
Nitro GT
Wheeler and Mod Buggy
NolanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE COBRARACING Radio and Electronics 12544 10-09-2017 09:03 AM
BEST 17.5 MOTOR FOR STOCK RACING tibbs Electric Off-Road 22 07-14-2012 01:20 AM
17.5t looking for new motor Craig W Electric On-Road 8 07-28-2011 05:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:08 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net