R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Motor & ESC combo for drift

hey guys,

Im very sure there are other same threads going around on the better motor/ESC combos in the market at the moment. I am looking for one now, but i cant make up any choice.

My car is the Tamiya TB-03 VDS drift spec. Any particular motor/ESC that you think would be well-fitting and would run the car well?

I read plenty of good reviews on Castle's Mamba Pro motor/esc combo but have no idea if it runs well for drift or its just way too powerful? how abt Team Tekin, Novak, Viper or HobbyWing ones?

Please kindly drop some input here guys! appreciate it!

Ruy Mun
ruymun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruymun View Post
hey guys,

Im very sure there are other same threads going around on the better motor/ESC combos in the market at the moment. I am looking for one now, but i cant make up any choice.

My car is the Tamiya TB-03 VDS drift spec. Any particular motor/ESC that you think would be well-fitting and would run the car well?

I read plenty of good reviews on Castle's Mamba Pro motor/esc combo but have no idea if it runs well for drift or its just way too powerful? how abt Team Tekin, Novak, Viper or HobbyWing ones?

Ruy Mun

Hello

I believe the Novak or Tekin Pro with any motor between 7.5-10.5 T is good for drift.
I own tons of Drift cars but most of them are shelf queens and the rest I use the setup stated above.

Good luck
rcheads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruymun View Post
hey guys,

Ruy Mun
dualsky system would be awesome lots of guys have been winning drift races with these systems check out the thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/malaysia...ts-news-8.html

the best place to buy dualsky products is ckhobby.com

i race offroad with dualsky stuff and its awesome i switched from lrp and tekin and like this better (this is my opinion)

hope this helps
rcduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thanks!

Thanks guys for the input! Appreciate it!
ruymun is offline   Reply With Quote