Wiki Posts
Search

TC4 Build Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Steering Problem, Centering

Hi All,

I have been playing around with my new TC4. That thing is crazy fun.

But, I’m having steering issues. (First, remember that I’m a noob to this whole game.) Here are my questions, what is the best way to or the rule of thumb when adjusting the steering links from the steering rack to the wheels (Hub Carriers)? The Manual said 1.7 inch or 43.5 mm long. But, when I installed them both wheels looked off. (That is when I pinch the steering rack arm and the drive train to center. Is that a good way to find center?) So I adjust them by eye. What is a better way? Look at the photos below. When trying to drive straight, the car is slightly turning to the right.

It is not a trim problem. This is way, when the rack arm is right below the main drive shaft (center), I can spin out going both left and right (360’s). If I fix the trim so the car drives straight (off Center). Then the car does not spin out going right anymore. But going left, it still can.

I also had to modified the servo horn and ball stub connection with epoxy (ball stub was getting lose), and sanded down the steering drag link from hitting the servo.

One last thing, is there an upgrade to those steering linkages?

Like always thank you for your time and help.