HPI Sprint 2 Mods >

HPI Sprint 2 Mods

Like Tree6Likes

HPI Sprint 2 Mods

Old 06-26-2014, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eospro
Thanks Marv, I have a few small mods to do so i think i'll include the parts and do the belt lift mod and take things from there. Yeah racing have their version of the trf shocks which i may have a look at. What is your opinion of the stock servo? I think i may upgrade to one with metal gears.

Upgrading from the stock servo is highly recommended.

Servo info can be found in Post #22, #32, #33, etc.

You will also want to add a glitch buster.
Info on glitch busters can be found in Post #77 & #78.

Don't forget the rear belt tensioner mod, Post #472, #473.

I'd also recommend upgrading to Kevlar belts -
The stock belts are urethane and stretch out quite fast (IMOAO).
Kevlar belts @ Post #84 - Tough Racing also sells the belts on eBay.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

A shout out to jsh0602, Commander of The Fighting 24th!

BANZAI!!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Another servo I am now using is this: http://www.amain.com/product_info.ph...-Surface-Servo

It is fast and the low profile allows for more flexibility in electronics placement on the chassis. You will need to file the mounting tabs a bit to get a good fit.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Whoo, just skimmed over this whole thread and saw 2 posts about making a List of where each Mod is at to keep from having to go thru the whole thing if trying to refer back and or find a topic. Has this been done yet. I didn't see it anywhere.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eospro
Hi all.
I have been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks (most of the 50+ pages)and must thank everyone that has posted, and a special thank you to Marv for starting a great thread. You have helped me in deciding to purchase a sprint 2 flux in the following weeks.

I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once i get the car as reading and looking at pictures only gives you an idea how to do things, a new ball game with an actual car in front of you. And I hope to be able to return some Voodoo myself.

However i do have two questions at this stage. One of the first things i would like to do is upgrade the stock shocks with the Tamiya TRF shocks. The problem is most of the ones I have found are the TRF special shocks and they state they are for the Tamiya M chassis. Does anyone know if they will fit straight onto the sprint 2 or will I need to modify something. Have not been able to find that answer on this thread. Secondly, I'm having difficulty working out what Lipos will fit the sprint 2. I would like to get a Gens Ace. I understand I need a battery with rounded edges but not sure about the height exactly. As i can't yet use links, I hope this description describes the battery i'm looking at. Could someone advise if this would fit without any mods.
Gens ace 4000mAh 7.4V 25C 2S1P HardCase Lipo Battery 8#

Keep up on the good Voodoo and thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers Brad

you need the standard TRF shocks to be able to use them on the sprint. and ;look to get a set of the ones with the 'hard black coating" or 'high lubrication' cylinders. the stock ones just have metal bodies, and aren't that smooth to be honest.

though, at the price of a nicer set of trfs being about 60-100 dollars, that is well on the way to the price of a nice used ta05 or ta06. I was able to pick up a brand new ta05 V2 roller for about 100 dollars a little while ago. it is a car that will give better performance out of the box than a sprint 2 even with trfs will give. (just a though)
Old 06-26-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marv
Your statement is "inaccurate" =

Part designated HPI86016 is an 'O' ring diff seal (kit) & it comes two 'O' ring seals for the diff cases and four axle 'o' rings for the axles = Services both front & rear diffs =
LINK
I dont see how the diff could use the smaller O rings that are included in the kit. there is no room under the main drive gears to insert the o rings, and i know that the diff does not come standard with any outdrive sealing (besides the large ring between the half)
Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ThePanda
I dont see how the diff could use the smaller O rings that are included in the kit. there is no room under the main drive gears to insert the o rings, and i know that the diff does not come standard with any outdrive sealing (besides the large ring between the half)

Not having the O ring kit nor a disassembled diff at my immediate disposal =
I'm stumped..

EDIT:
Speculation / It is always possible that HPI included the 4 small O rings in the HPI86016 kit intended for a different vehicle - - -

ercwhtsd might know -

Personally, I never used new O rings when I rebuilt my diffs.

Do you have a leakage problem?

Post #24 = http://www.rctech.net/forum/10899498-post24.html

Last edited by Marv; 06-27-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Speculation Added + Link added
Old 06-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by n2mini
Whoo, just skimmed over this whole thread and saw 2 posts about making a List of where each Mod is at to keep from having to go thru the whole thing if trying to refer back and or find a topic.

WOWZERS! I think I read those same 2 posts!!!

That would be nice, wouldn't it...

Has this been done yet. I didn't see it anywhere.

I haven't seen it either.

IMOAO:
For me to make a list that specifies where each mod is located takes away from and disrespects the other great people that have taken the time to post & contribute their mods, pictures, ideas and input to make this thread a success.
Marv

Old 06-27-2014, 01:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Upgrading from the stock servo is highly recommended.

Servo info can be found in Post #22, #32, #33, etc.

You will also want to add a glitch buster.
Info on glitch busters can be found in Post #77 & #78.

Don't forget the rear belt tensioner mod, Post #472, #473.

I'd also recommend upgrading to Kevlar belts -
The stock belts are urethane and stretch out quite fast (IMOAO).
Kevlar belts @ Post #84 - Tough Racing also sells the belts on eBay.

All the the above mods are on my to do list. I shall look into the above mentioned servos, those kevlar belts are quite cheap, i will be getting a few of each. The carbon chassis looks better each time i look at it.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:00 AM
Tech Initiate

IMOAO:
For me to make a list that specifies where each mod is located takes away from and disrespects the other great people that have taken the time to post & contribute their mods, pictures, ideas and input to make this thread a success.
Marv

Just thought I'd ask since you mentioned doing it twice in the thread.. I know it would be a big task to do.. but it would atleast get a person to the start of the "mod" and they could then read posts till the next "Mod" post to read what others had to say about it/their mod fix for it..

Last edited by n2mini; 06-27-2014 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default List...(?)

Originally Posted by n2mini
Just thought I'd ask since you mentioned doing it twice in the thread.. I know it would be a big task to do.. but it would atleast get a person to the start of the "mod" and they could then read posts till the next "Mod" post to read what others had to say about it/their mod fix for it..

I found one instance in Post #484...

On my VooDoo TO DO LIST =

Make an INDEX for the first page -

The INDEX will list the mods and direct links to those mods -

This is a WORK IN PROGRESS -

So, I guess ya got me cold to the bone and flat-footed...

EDIT Today at 05:32 PM: I'm working on it.
It will be inserted into Post #1 when finished -

As of this edit, today at 08:53 PM, I'm up to page 10/49...

Last edited by Marv; 06-27-2014 at 06:53 PM. Reason: INFO added
Old 07-07-2014, 02:25 AM
Tech Rookie

As I haven't got my Sprint 2 yet, I've been studying the manual and noticed that on the A-Arms near where they attach there is a 10mm grub screw that screws through the A-Arm and protudes 2.5mm on the rear, but no mention of how far they protude on the front A-Arms. Can anyone tell me what these are for. It looks like they limit how far down the A-Arms go. TIA
Old 07-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

hi, I have an hpi sprint 1 and I want to put a 6t motor on it, how I should gear it????? it has a 90t spur.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ospower
hi, I have an hpi sprint 1 and I want to put a 6t motor on it, how I should gear it????? it has a 90t spur.
helppp!!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ospower23
helppp!!!!
Dude, don't bump your own posts within few hours interval. It won't give you faster response or anything good, really...
Also using multiply accounts at same time is normally in most forums not allowed too. Not sure it really is here, but just a kindly attention, so you not end up with trouble instead of a response.
Sadly I'm no good at gearing, unable to help you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.