Search
Like Tree6Likes

HPI Sprint 2 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Vroomin
Marv you sir are the MAN. Just wanted to let you know hahhaa

Also here is a picture of my S2D, it has the flux motor and ESC in it.

Having a problem with steering angle, one side has much more angle then the other??

Is there much difference with the alloy parts installed, less slop, less weight. How is the steering angle? Hope my softpack still fits

I have just ordered a full set in orange as I have the s2 flux (second edition) I am hoping it all fits well and improves the car. Next on the shopping list is the woven graphite chassis.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Unhappy AFK

Sorry I haven't responded =
I've been on the east coast with family -

I get back and my pc is dead = Power outage/spike(?)

Using the local library = ARRRGGGHHHHhhhhh....(sigh)

I should be back up by early next week -

Sorry for any inconvenience

Marv
Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

I've done some of the mods as mentioned earlier in this thread, next up is the aluminum wheel hex adapters. What aluminum wheel hex adapters are you guys running on the S2 that work to eliminate the slop from the factory plastic pieces?
Do any of the 12mm work, is there one better than the others?
Old 06-30-2013, 03:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wareagle84
I've done some of the mods as mentioned earlier in this thread, next up is the aluminum wheel hex adapters. What aluminum wheel hex adapters are you guys running on the S2 that work to eliminate the slop from the factory plastic pieces?
Do any of the 12mm work, is there one better than the others?
I have recently contacted GPM Racing in ref to their parts. Ordered one of each but was told that their hex adaptors would be out of production for a while. I have found that there are several 12mm clamp type adaptors out there that are quite good. Bonus is if your wheel comes off you don't loose them. Check out AMain Hobbies.

MARV that is a bit of a raw deal. Hope you get it all sorted out soon

Last edited by mrjudd77; 06-30-2013 at 03:32 AM. Reason: added a line
Old 07-07-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great thread! As a Sprint 2 Flux owner, I need to review it in full!

Subscribed
Old 07-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

What carbon fiber or woven graphite upper decks are you guys using? I'm looking for a carbon fiber upper deck for my S2 Flux, and the optional woven graphite HPI makes says you can only use "saddle pack" batteries with it. I'll be upgrading to hard case LiPo's soon and need an upper deck that will work with the hard case. I'm assuming saddle pack is another name for hard case LiPo batteries?
If that's the case, do any cf upper decks have the extra mounting holes towards the front in case I have to move the front battery posts forward to allow my hard case to fit?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here is a link to a photo of a saddle pack ... http://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.uk/...FeXMtAod5A8AUQ

My friend had the Exotek cf set up and was able to use a regular 5000 mah hard pack with it. He did however have to make a few mods but of the top of my head I can't recall what they were. I will try and get a photo of his set up and ask him what he did.
I would also search through this thread again as I am sure I have seen a few photos of peoples s2f with full cf and no saddle pack, but again I can't recall who's.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

thanks.
yeah, I've looked at every page and picture in this htread more than once. I see people using what I assume are hard case LiPo's with their cf parts, but none really say what brand they are or exactly if/what they had to mod to get it to fit, etc.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nubie-wan
Here is the top without flash which may yield some better details for your viewing pleasure.

This photo of Nubie-Wan shows a Gens Ace 5000mah hard pack lipo on the Exotek cf chassis if that helps you any. http://www.giantshark.co.uk/gens-500...-p-406696.html
Old 07-19-2013, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

I have just started racing my Sprint 2 flux at my local track (England Park Raceway QLD Australia) in the SSF class (Super Stock Foam). This class requires a 10.5T motor and was wondering if anyone had advice on which motor and esc to use on a budget. Is the turnigy setup any good?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Spent the better part of today adding a full list of alloy parts to my sprint (all from GPM)

I have 1 problem that I hope someone can help me with.

I got the shocks from them and they screw in at the top and bottom (lower arms and shock tower), the problem I have is the screws that were supplied snapped off in the 2 rear arms (yeah I know both sides, forehead slap to me).
Question is how do I get them out?

I have emailed GPM and am in the process of sending pics etc for a warranty claim. I have not attached the shocks to the front lowers so they would not break as well. Might just take it to the LHS and get them to fix it.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Default Setup

Hey guys Bobby Watson here i raced the sprint 2 sport this week first time running VTA a buddy gave me the car to run he wanted me to come out an just have fun, i normally run nitro sedan ,decided to take break, first off Marv you are the man. I did some of your mods ,this setup i will be posting soon put the sprint 2 sport 5th position in the A-main the cars it competed with were the tc6,schumacher,xray the only issue was the gearing because the track was fast an you needed topend ,i did find a good gear comb using the 48p gears but IMO the 64p gearing would give you a wider range of gear combs.

Last edited by impalabob64; 07-26-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Default Setup

This is a parking lot setup,traction was really good ,the car was basicly stock with a few changes the shocks that were on the car were adjustable .

Front
droop-1
Springs -Serpent Pinks
2hole piston
50wt
RH- 5mm

Rear
droop-3
Springs -Serpent Pinks Fronts
2hole piston
50wt
RH 5.5 mm
Body Camaro
USVTA 25.5 Novak
Gearing
66/47 48p
Old 07-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

This is gonna suck he's gonna beat my a$$ with a car I gave him again
Bobby car was getting faster all day best I have ever seen a sprint 2 run ever
How about a few pics if you have some
Old 07-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I recently bought a Sprint 2 Drift and use it in my basement on a linoleum floor. This thing is so much fun. I have 16 runs on it now and noticed a problem. This is weird...

When I give it some throttle, as soon as I steer left or right I notice the belt slaps up and down and makes a clicking/grinding sound. If I give it very little throttle, the power seems to drop off as soon as I steer. This happens on the ground under load and if it's on a stand. During a drift, as steer, I can also hear the power "surging". The vibe are so bad the body rattles!

This is killing me. There appears to be no issues with the dog bones or differential. I am stumped - Why ONLY when I turn the wheel does this happen? I see no wear or damage, and I don't run it outside and I haven't crashed it.

I have adjusted the front belt tensioner all the was and it still happens, but less than when its fully loosened.

Could the belt just be stretched? It looks perfectly fine.

Please help me figure this out. I've been into RC cars for 20+ years, but this is my first belted car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.