Wiki Posts
Search

17.5 combo

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 17.5 combo

Hey everyone, im looking for a 17.5 combo to run in our local touring class at a couple clubs. They run in blinky mode,my question is when running blinky classes is there a difference in a $90 combo vrs a $250 + combo and what do you recommend? I was looking at the speed passion just stock combo, any feedback?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No help?
Old 10-31-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Regular

in blinky iv found there is a massive diffrence between bottom and top of the range. I went from a 17.5 novak combo to a tekin rs with the novak motor and went faster, My mate has the tekin rs with the lrp x12 motor and is even faster.

So get the best you can afford and go from there, Even see what the other guys at your track run and ask for their suggestions
Old 10-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WeedWhipper
Hey everyone, im looking for a 17.5 combo to run in our local touring class at a couple clubs. They run in blinky mode,my question is when running blinky classes is there a difference in a $90 combo vrs a $250 + combo and what do you recommend? I was looking at the speed passion just stock combo, any feedback?
I just asked this question last night at a track I plan to race touring car at. The recommendations i got were, Tekin RS and a redline 17.5, the hobbywing combo-js5 (sold out as of right now), Trinity d3.5 17.5, and the trinity monster locked 17.5. All these recommended by the guys that already race there.
Wouldn't min getting the Tekin myself, but thats a hefty chunk of coin for a spec class. To me anyway..... Thinking of waiting for the hobbywing, now checking out the speed passion.... So, thanks.... Lol
Old 10-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Is this a blinky approved Combo? I am also looking for a 17.5 blinky combo for my TC and was wondering if this one is an ok one

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCATW&P=SM
Old 10-31-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I'd steer clear of those Novaks motors as the sensor cable is fixed to the end bell and non-racer replaceable. The Trinity and Redline motors are awesome. Try and snag an RS from the f/s section as they usually go for about $100 there.