Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Pulse motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Trinity Pulse 'blueprinted/tuned' motor

the trinity pulse brushless motor thread seems to have disappeared. Just wanna ask if these so called 'version 2' pulse motors are out yet? Im really interested in getting one. I would also like to know if there's anyone out there who has used these with a sensorless esc yet, in particular the mamba max. thanks in advance...

Last edited by Drift Demon; 02-19-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Probably got tired of all the complaining about everyone who had sent one back and has not heard anything yet! Me included, but I am a patient person usually. I have a 13.5 pulse and have had no problems with it like my 17.5. I am sure they are fine.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Initiate

ya there motors are ealy bad they over heat and start to cog realy bad
i taLKED TO TO THEM THEY SAID TEHY KNOW OF THE PROBLEMA ND SEND THE MOTOR BACK FOR A REPLACMENT BUT LIKE ALL NO ONE HAS HERD ANYTHING BACK OR RECIVED A REPLACMENT YET
Old 02-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its not putting me off buying one though. im sure the next batch of pulse motors will have this problem/issue fixed & would be even better. Maybe trinity was too much in a hurry to get these things out, who knows.

The only Pulse motors i can find that are available, are off the trinity website, & also Fantom ION2 pulse based motors. would it be a wise decision to wait from some word from trinity to confirm the problem/issue has been fixed, or should i just take my chances now? does any even know if the v2 of pulse motors have been shipped out or distributed yet?

I plan to purchase either the 7.5 or 7 turn motor...
Old 02-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i will say this up front...this thread WILL stay considerate, and professional

ANY offensive, trolling, or bashing posts will find the user banned for 1 week.

any questions??
Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How does the pulse 13.5 motor feel compared to the duo 13.5?

What is the difference in recomended gearing between the two?

Was the duo feigao based?
Old 02-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ordered and version 3 pulse from stormer and ran it the past weekend. It ran fairly cool and felt slower than the duo but the slowness might have had something to do with my gearing/timing esc setup, as it only came off at around 160 degrees during a 5 min run.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Im running both a DUO and Pulse 13.5 - DUO seems stronger... but Pulse is running pretty good - running TC5 with a 96/43 with the DUO in 2nd pin -

Running Pulse 13.5 with 96/42 and about 8' timeing ... runs a little hotter then the DUO 150'

Happy with the both motors
Old 02-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by katfish317; 02-17-2009 at 07:26 PM. Reason: double post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Here is what I understand about them, they are very much like the Novak light series motors. They are not a bottom end motor at all, they are softer on lower rpm. My understanding is that most using them are gearing them taller with good results. I really like it just wish I had known about how to gear them differently, I look forward to getting something back and seeing results.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I tested with one this weekend for 2 race days.. well almost 2 race days

I have the newer batch from high velocity... I ran it and was not impressed with it...

I changed the timing from 0-20 degrees pos and nothing happened other then heating up and I messed with gearing it different as well... and i ran 6 min quals and i had it anywhere from 160-196 and it was never really all that impressive...

I threw a novak 17.5 back in and was back to normal lap times which was
.2's faster then anything i turned with the pulse... i tried but i have to be missing somthing with that pulse... i just can't find it's powerband basically... it loks slow and feels sluggish... so i dunno what i'm missing but i did some testing this weekend and figured i would pass that along

-DC-
Old 02-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smitty2802
I tested with one this weekend for 2 race days.. well almost 2 race days

I have the newer batch from high velocity... I ran it and was not impressed with it...

I changed the timing from 0-20 degrees pos and nothing happened other then heating up and I messed with gearing it different as well... and i ran 6 min quals and i had it anywhere from 160-196 and it was never really all that impressive...

I threw a novak 17.5 back in and was back to normal lap times which was
.2's faster then anything i turned with the pulse... i tried but i have to be missing somthing with that pulse... i just can't find it's powerband basically... it loks slow and feels sluggish... so i dunno what i'm missing but i did some testing this weekend and figured i would pass that along

-DC-
+1
Ditto, what this guy said.. My results and observations are pretty much identical.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
i will say this up front...this thread WILL stay considerate, and professional

ANY offensive, trolling, or bashing posts will find the user banned for 1 week.

any questions??
What happened to the other thread? There was a LOT of good information in there...yes there were a few blatant flames, but it would seem more productive (and more in line with the concept of an open forum) to simply delete the offending posts and leave the helpful information available to the users...

-rocky b
Old 02-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by flatspunout
What happened to the other thread? There was a LOT of good information in there...yes there were a few blatant flames, but it would seem more productive (and more in line with the concept of an open forum) to simply delete the offending posts and leave the helpful information available to the users...

-rocky b
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech...g-threads.html

The moderators are very busy. It's important to keep things on track, and cordial, otherwise they may get deleted entirely.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So far my experience with the Pulse motors has been positive. I have run back-to-back tests with a Pulse 4.5 and a DUO 4.5. I did adjust my gearing a little with the Pulse. With the Pulse, even though the throttle response was a little 'soft' on the bottom end (compared to my DUO 4.5), the throttle curve and powerband was much smoother. It would be a much more 'driveable' motor on a low-to-medium bite track (vs. a DUO, which feels as if it has a much shorter powerband).

I have been running the Pulse 4.5 118/22 with 8-10 degrees of timing, rubber tires on indoor, high bite surface. My motor is finishing at about 165-175 degrees (in 65 degree ambient temperature).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.