R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default New convert

I must confess I've been running my cars around with cheapie 1500mAh stick packs. Today I was in the hobby store buying a new ESC for my F103 car (the one in it went to my newer kit - musical ESCs while I saved up), and he cut me a 2 for 1 deal on a couple of matched 1500mAh packs. Since my charger only handles NiCds, and only up to 2000mAh, I figured why not.

The difference is night and day. I charged one up, and on its first charge it lasted at least 20 minutes of run time with no reduced EPA on the top end throttle (which is how I normally run this car; it's powerful even with the cheapies), and I was cutting donuts on smooth asphalt as if I were driving in a bowling alley.

Now I need to take that and multiply it by 2 to imagine the power some of you guys put in your cars. Now to see how long one lasts and how well it performs in my 4WD kit that still has plastic bushings

p.s. I'm also really loving the longer forward trigger pull on my 2PL. My Magnum Jr has the same distance forward and back, and it's way too sensitive for this RWD at full EPA.
Liko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 09:26 PM   #2
Tech Elite

ou've only touched the tip of the iceberg. Good luck, and remember to have fun.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think your next investment should be a good charger and a low end 3000nimh pack.
Good luck and have lots of fun!
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:30 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

i think you got bamboozled if they told you they were matched 1500's..... i dont think they have ever matched 1500 packs... 1500's have never been a performance based pack.. they have always been sport or fun....

i think most of you noticing they feel better is due to the fact that they are new... nothing runs as good as a new pack..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 02:06 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by burbs
i think you got bamboozled if they told you they were matched 1500's..... i dont think they have ever matched 1500 packs... 1500's have never been a performance based pack.. they have always been sport or fun....

i think most of you noticing they feel better is due to the fact that they are new... nothing runs as good as a new pack..
You may be right. I do know these aren't the standard packs for this company, but they may just be higher-quality cells than what goes into their standard packs. They only cost a dollar more per pack than the standard 1500 pack.
Liko is offline   Reply With Quote