R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2005, 10:05 PM   #16
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by scoobydo
He was simply making a statement, thats all. Nobody's narrow minded.
Tell you the truth, I didn't know they ran mostly stick in Europe and the Asia's
However, thats what this forum is for,
To learn, not to put people down when they make a misinformed statement.

unfortunately some people are too smart.
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #17
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ntc3freak
in malaysia,i havent seen anyone using stick radios.and dont have seen shops selling it.

if u travel all over the world like texracer, its not unique.
dakrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 10:45 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by scoobydo
I actually tried it because that is how I started in the hobby back in the day. (Radio Shack!!)
Tell you the truth, its super smooth control. I found myself more calm and in control of my car. Especially during subtle moves and turns.
I think its because I am so used to game controls which is similiar in holding style of a two stick.
To tell you the truth, if it wasn't for all the "Noob" looks I would get (even though I'm not) I would probably switch myself.
You know... It's funny.... you said noob looks. For example, here in Greece... noob looks has anyone with a wheel type transmitter... Most of the pros in all classes, drive with a stick...

By the way... I use a wheel type transmitter.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:04 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Masami can drive better with his feel than a lot of people can with their hands! He's just that good!

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:27 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
The best part of his Drift by Foot demo that he did was the fact that he was almost as good with his feet drifting as with his hands, while others were out there with pistol grip radios and could barely make it around a corner, let alone a whole lap. I had always heard stories of him driving with his feet, but to see it in person....priceless.

Other top drivers who use stick radios:
David Spashett
Craig Dresher
Andy Moore
and I could be wrong but I think Teemu does as well.
Actually the most amazing thing to me about that not only was he driving with his feet, but most of the time, the car was BEHIND him and he had his head turned looking at it. He was facing the schicane on the left side of the track and did most of the driving on the right side of the track behind him, all with his feet. I'm not a drifting fan at all but he was amazing with that thing.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 12:16 AM   #21
Tech Addict

Lamberto Collari who has won six 1/8th scale World Championships is also using a stick radio!

I heard a story about Masami driving with his back facing the track and he was looking into a mirror to see the car on the track.... That IS amazing!!!
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:23 AM   #22
Tech Regular

hey guys!

please post the urls where i can download masami's video driving with his feet! and also racers driving with stick type tx...

i just can't imagine...racing that way

i'd like to try it!
silver_spo0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:30 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Eirik
Lamberto Collari who has won six 1/8th scale World Championships is also using a stick radio!

I heard a story about Masami driving with his back facing the track and he was looking into a mirror to see the car on the track.... That IS amazing!!!

yeah.stick type radios seems easier.i have one of my toy cars using stick radios.but i like the wheel type better.it is just good
ntc3freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:47 AM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think over here in the UK there are only two people I can think of who use a wheel type radio, and both are on here (MR JOLLY and TRF415boy). Apart from that, every else one i know use either the KO vantage, Sanwa Gemini2, or some of the cheapear acoms/futuba radios...
Old 02-11-2005, 03:53 AM   #25
Tech Master

Here everyone uses sticks (Uk). I can't because my thumbs are too short, I have difficulties when I steer left (even though it's not too bad with the Ko and its mini sticks). It's just a matter of personnal preference, but I think a steering wheel gives a better feeling of the steering, and sticks a better feeling on throttle.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:03 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i use 2 wheels at once.. i have managed to learn how to drive to cars at once middle finger on trigger thumb on wheel.. vewry hard to do if one car gets to far infront of the other.. but with nice slow cars its quite fun to do (might get a few tl01s and do it and get some video of it
merc-blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:37 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wanna hear something strange? I know a couple of guys who drive with their steering reversed. I mean turn/push wheel/stick right the car turns left. It really doesn't matter how you control your car just as long as you are comfortable with it.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:02 AM   #28
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I see some of the people here have yet to read futureal's "Behavior in this forum" thread.

Dude makes an innocent observation that he puts a little joking spin on and WHAM!!!

Suddenly he's narrow minded and is critiquing a champion??? What the .....??? ONLY someone looking for conflict could find a problem in that short little post of his.

As one person mentioned earlier, people take notice of the European's preference for stick radios, all the time. Its nothing special and no ones saying they should or shouldn't use them...

...just noticing that they do. So whats the big deal?

Some people in these forums realllllllllllly need to get over themselves.

-Darkseid
Old 02-11-2005, 10:08 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

Jesus guys do you know what LOL is?
I was totally kidding.
You guys must have some HIGH BLOOD pressure I swear to take things so seriously.
Next time I guess I will have to put
I WAS FREAKING KIDDING at the end.

I wish people would wear signs when they are stupid.
I have even needed to wear one at times.
lol.JUST KIDDING.

Yes what Masami does is short of amazing.The guys spents countless hours at the track and he and his dad have to be some of the nicest guys in the hobby.
You should see him Glue up tires.Now thats crazy.

Behavior on this board is fine.It's simply some people cant take a joke or understand that without the tone in a voice or actually seeing someone's face certain things can be taken 10 different ways.If you dont believe me go talk to your girlfriends or wives.lol.
Now you understand DONT YOU.

Regards to a funny post.
Les
Old 02-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I can`t use sticks cos when the car come towards me thing get confusing right being left,left being right!! right?
The wheel is one of the best things invented
Sticks on the other hand is for poking peeps with to get out of the way & for making matchsticks
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote