Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT7 Blew up

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Angry GT7 Blew up

I'm hoping some one from Novak may be reading these posts.

The other night my GT7 died, it had run a total of 6 races over 3 weeks, no practicing or anything in the 7th race I got off the grid, but did not make the first corner.
It has no power at all, will not even light up the lights on it, and yes I have checked the operation of the on/off switch.

I run in 540 pro which uses a 540 silver can motor, so the motor should not be an issue with the reliability of it

I have emailed Novak three times since wendesday, but i'm not getting any response, there may be a reason for that, thats why I hoping some may read it here.

Mick
Old 02-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Snowbirds is going on right now, they may have all their people at this big race in flordia. Hope this helps. Why it doesn't work, I do not know. Novak does have exceptional customer service so I would expect an answer but it might take a while since this big race is going on. Good luck!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Novak Customer Support

Novak has one of the BEST customer support policies.

Not sure who your emailing but several of them are at SnowBirds this weekend supporting all the racers.

I believe Charlie (who actively reads this board) heads up support. I believe his email is [email protected] - but again i am very certain he is back in florida.

Have you gone to there website? there maybe a generic email such as [email protected]

Would be very surprised if your problem isn't resolved - they are good people over there.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default GT7

Hello Mick,
I'm sorry you have not received a response from us. Your GT7 can be sent in for replacement. If you go to our web site at http://www.teamnovak.com in the download section you want to download the service form. If your item is with in the 120 day warranty period you want to download the warranty service form. If the item is out of the warranty period you can send it in for non warranty replacement. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Once again, sorry for the delay in responding to you.

Best regards,
Jackie Berber
Customer Service Manager
Novak Electronics,Inc.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

And to confirm something someone else said, the two head service people, Charlie Suangka and Steve Weiss are both out of the office this week for the Snowbirds. That's why you didn't get a response. Novak's got some of the best people in the business and they'll get you taken care of.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't run Novak electronics, but after seeing the response that ratter just got, I'll be giving Novak a better look next time. It took 6 hours for a response from a Novak rep. on a forum site...simply amazing.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Novak cant beat whats been around since day 1.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

And it looks like Jackie joined this forum just to answer his question. Way to Go!!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sure as heck beats the service I've gotten from Horizon on multiple GM speedos.
Old 02-11-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: GT7

Originally posted by Jackie
Hello Mick,
I'm sorry you have not received a response from us. Your GT7 can be sent in for replacement. If you go to our web site at http://www.teamnovak.com in the download section you want to download the service form. If your item is with in the 120 day warranty period you want to download the warranty service form. If the item is out of the warranty period you can send it in for non warranty replacement. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Once again, sorry for the delay in responding to you.

Best regards,
Jackie Berber
Customer Service Manager
Novak Electronics,Inc.

Thanks for the reply, Charlie has sinced emailed me back, I will also send you an email I have sent Charlie and hopefully you can help me out.

Mick