XXX-S

Anyone know the Mission website?
Old 06-16-2002, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

i would go 4 mission or x-ray t1...
Old 06-16-2002, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.racing-cars.com

I have seen Losi's break quite often at our local track...us guys that run missions very rarely break something...

there are only a couple of parts which you need to stock for the mission.

the xray is also durable, but not as durable as the corally.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

probably the mission. it uses top and bottom a-arms to save hingepins. the losi's break alot since they use a traditional arm w/ control link.
Old 06-17-2002, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Xrays are super tough.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:19 PM
Joe
Tech Regular

Originally posted by spongebob
Xrays are super tough.
Amen, brotha!
Old 06-17-2002, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

I'd go with the T1. I haven't broken a single part aside a front body mount. VERY durable and strong. It holds tweak way better then any other cars I've had.
Old 06-17-2002, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

One thing I've noticed was, each thread for the cars have a large amount of traffic. Could this be due to the trouble or problems that car has????? Xray T1 thread has the least more likely because the car doesn't have inharent problems.
Old 06-17-2002, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

No, probably because it has the least number of people who drive it
Old 06-17-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hobbytown Racer
One thing I've noticed was, each thread for the cars have a large amount of traffic. Could this be due to the trouble or problems that car has????? Xray T1 thread has the least more likely because the car doesn't have inharent problems.
If you take the time to read some of the posts on the thread you will see that guys are sharing set up info and what works for them, tire selection, springs, oil, etc......

Last edited by STLNLST; 06-17-2002 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-17-2002, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Wrong too, it's probally because the darn thing is so expensive and not all hobbyshops stock all the parts on their shelves like they do Losi and Associated. As far as the most durable car out of the three I would say the XRAY T1. I've seen this car take alotta hits in a race day and still come out looking brand new. For second I would say the Mission, this car is very, very close to being as durable as the XRAY T1.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My XRay is extremely tough. I've put the poor thing through some amazing wrecks, and kept on racing. Besides being durable, it's very low maintenance. The big bearings last forever, the diffs are very smooth and stay smooth, shocks are great once you get them built right, and the car is sooo easy to adjust and work on!
Old 06-18-2002, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

i run in a wide open track but with lots of loose pebbles and asphalt. compared to open drivetrains, i prefer the xxx-s here because it is sealed. the diffs, belt, and pinion/spur are still in very good condition. the suspension parts are not as durable but there's nothing to hit. i installed a BRP wide front bumper and a denser front foam bumper to protect it for tracks with barriers.
Old 06-18-2002, 06:53 AM
Regional Moderator

I've owned a Schumacher sedan at one point or another since their original SST2000 sedan. The only breakage problem I've ever had was the front universals. But once they added steering stops on the arms, that never happened again. That was four Schumacher cars ago. Now I have had no problems with my Mission.

I also have first hand experience with the Corally. I had issues with the rear hinge pins. Even the hardened ones eventually gave way. This was mainly due to the fact that ever other part is soo strong. So if you clip a board hard with the rear....something had to give. Other than that though, this car is rock solid.

Last season, there was this guy at our track that ran an Xray with a fast motor and tires that were like butter! That car took alot of punishment, but I never saw him break it. I don't have first hand experience with the T1, but to withstand that abuse, that car must be pretty tuff!

The XXX-S and FT TC3 break more simply because they still use hub carrier/hinge pins set ups. This area is a weak point on about any car that has it. My racer buddy CIVIC91 started using an extra wide Kydex bumper at the front of his and hasn't had any problems since.

For the best price ~ durability ratio out of the box, I would have to say Mission.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Hobbytown Racer
Man.....come.......on........you could come up with something better than that couldn't you? Try actually reading the threads. Most of the traffic comes from sharing information, set ups and just talking about the successes people have had with the cars.

Could it be that there isn't any traffic on the Xray thread because there are no successes to speak of???? Or maybe because there are fewer people who own the car???

The TC3 has been around longer than both the XXX-S and Mission, yet its thread has fewer post. Does that mean the TC3 breaks the least out of the three.......I don't think so!.....At least not at my local tracks!

Last edited by Darkseid; 06-18-2002 at 07:11 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.