R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #91
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
In my neck of the hood, any leader that don't apologize for heavy unnecessary contact will sure be thrown Off the driverstand ....ahah....
lol
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #92
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
What I've seen all too often is that the slower car moves over to let the faster car by, decides to "tuck in" right behind the faster car to follow their line, and subsequently T-bones the faster car at the next turn. This necessitates the faster car to go through it all again in another lap or so, once the distance lost due to the T-bone is made up.
I have seen that too. Everyone needs to remember that we do have brakes and using them is not necessarily a bad thing.

in that situation where one car took out another car the proper thing to do would be to pull to the side and let the wrecked car have the position back. This should be true for anyone in any position. If you wreck another car give them the spot back until you can make a clean pass.
Serpent S120 13.5
6376vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6376vette View Post
Im surprised there are so many people who think pushing and wrecking someone else's car is ok.
You say you make the leader work for his first lap on you, but then get riled up by people who say they will pass aggressively if someone doesn't yield, telling them they should be more courteous.

Hypocrisy? Why I never.

Also, if you are being lapped, you are not competitive. If you had a competitive car (as you claim) you wouldn't be getting lapped...just saying. And that is coming from someone who is a pro at getting lapped.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #94
Tech Adept

vett,
+1
As O likes to say, "hold your line".
And I like to say, "and if you hit me in the rear, it wasn't really YOUR line, now was it?"
Old 05-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #95
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
What I've seen all too often is that the slower car moves over to let the faster car by, decides to "tuck in" right behind the faster car to follow their line, and subsequently T-bones the faster car at the next turn. This necessitates the faster car to go through it all again in another lap or so, once the distance lost due to the T-bone is made up.
Dude, that is the story of my racing life in a nutshell, because I know that if I cut the next hairpin close they WILL overshoot
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #96
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Doesn't matter what the circumstances are. Doesn't matter where second place is. There is absolutely no excuse for intentionally wrecking or making any type of contact with any car regardless of speed, position, or ego. Let the leader by. Fine. You ruin the fun for everyone when you start wrecking other cars. Again maybe our track is different but we have black flagged leaders before for intentionally pushing other cars. If you're good enough to be up front in a race then you should be good enough to pass clean even if the line is not given to you. Being fast doesn't mean you are a good racer or a good friend to the others you are racing with. Being clean and respectful means you can handle yourself and your car.
Sorry this is just not how it works. There should also be black flags for people who do not know how to get out of the way. You are talking about all the responsibility for etiquette being on the leaders, yet anyone else has no reason to do the right thing?

You are ruining the fun of a good race by unnecessarily injecting yourself into the situation. Nobody wants to punt anyone, but it's going to happen if you don't work with the other racers. Nobody said the leaders have a right to blast anyone in their way, just that if you don't give way in a semi timely manner, look out....

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #97
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
You say you make the leader work for his first lap on you, but then get riled up by people who say they will pass aggressively if someone doesn't yield, telling them they should be more courteous.

Hypocrisy? Why I never.

Also, if you are being lapped, you are not competitive. If you had a competitive car (as you claim) you wouldn't be getting lapped...just saying. And that is coming from someone who is a pro at getting lapped.

Hmmmm discussed this a few pages ago and I conceded the point everyone was making about moving when being lapped. I think it shows in my more recent posts. Yes I will solidly stand firm that there is absolutely no excuse for being over aggressive and wrecking another car. Regardless of position. It only leads to a bunch of pissed off people who won't come back to race again. Not good for the hobby. If you continually push someone they may get tired of it and you will be the one getting pushed although it may not be gentle or discrete. It probably won't even be a push but maybe a strike followed by the snap of a chassis plate. personally I won't retaliate but I have seen others do it.

Before anyone loses it and intentionally hits another car ask
#1 how much money is on the line? None
#2 how much money have you and the other guy invested? Too much
#3 how much did you pay to race today? $15-$25
#4 when was the last time you gave someone $15-$25 and told them to piss you off? (Wives and girlfriends excluded from this question)
#5 how much fun is it to race alone.

Really this is all for fun. If you're mad about someone holding up your toy car race...

mad enough to wreck their car .....then you really need to back off and get into a more relaxing hobby like ice hockey or alligator wrestling. Depending on your local climate.

hypocrisy would be refusing to yield and then getting mad when others don't yield to me so no hypocrisy in my statements about getting plowed by another car.

I don't mind aggressive moves as long as you pull them off cleanly so no I am not riled up about aggressive passing. I am riled up about intentional contact and dirty driving.
Serpent S120 13.5
Old 05-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #98
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Hmmmm discussed this a few pages ago and I conceded the point everyone was making about moving when being lapped. I think it shows in my more recent posts. Yes I will solidly stand firm that there is absolutely no excuse for being over aggressive and wrecking another car. Regardless of position. It only leads to a bunch of pissed off people who won't come back to race again. Not good for the hobby. If you continually push someone they may get tired of it and you will be the one getting pushed although it may not be gentle or discrete. It probably won't even be a push but maybe a strike followed by the snap of a chassis plate. personally I won't retaliate but I have seen others do it.

Before anyone loses it and intentionally hits another car ask
#1 how much money is on the line? None
#2 how much money have you and the other guy invested? Too much
#3 how much did you pay to race today? $15-$25
#4 when was the last time you gave someone $15-$25 and told them to piss you off? (Wives and girlfriends excluded from this question)
#5 how much fun is it to race alone.

Really this is all for fun. If you're mad about someone holding up your toy car race...

mad enough to wreck their car .....then you really need to back off and get into a more relaxing hobby like ice hockey or alligator wrestling. Depending on your local climate.

hypocrisy would be refusing to yield and then getting mad when others don't yield to me so no hypocrisy in my statements about getting plowed by another car.

I don't mind aggressive moves as long as you pull them off cleanly so no I am not riled up about aggressive passing. I am riled up about intentional contact and dirty driving.
No worries, I must have missed the post when you mentioned you had changed your original statement, it just struck me as a little odd when I was reading your recent posts. And I completely agree with intentional crashing/contact, although I think it is worth re-reading Rick's post about how the 3 turn "rule" isn't about crashing but rather just making a riskier/more aggressive pass. I think the internet does a lot to make people sound way more aggressive than they probably drive in person (or at least I hope so).

Edit: the hypocrisy was in your original statement about making someone work for that first lap, yet then complaining about other drivers not being courteous, that's all.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #99
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Sorry this is just not how it works. There should also be black flags for people who do not know how to get out of the way. You are talking about all the responsibility for etiquette being on the leaders, yet anyone else has no reason to do the right thing?

You are ruining the fun of a good race by unnecessarily injecting yourself into the situation. Nobody wants to punt anyone, but it's going to happen if you don't work with the other racers. Nobody said the leaders have a right to blast anyone in their way, just that if you don't give way in a semi timely manner, look out....
This is supposed to be scale racing not scale bumper cars. Try pushing your way through the field at lemans bumping every slow car in the way and see how long your race day lasts.

Watch a road race and you will see both drivers yielding so a car can pass and cars holding the line so they are predictable and the faster car can go around.

Yes the leaders or the car doing the passing has the responsibility of making it clean while the slower car is responsible for being predictable by either moving over or holding the line.

I have listened to a lot of these posts and I see the point about yielding. ok whatever but ruining the fun of a good race? What about the guy who just got punted and someone else caused $50 worth of damage to his car? Tough s***? so a slower drivers race day isn't as important as a faster drivers? Its acceptable for a fast car to wreck a slow car because he wants to?
Serpent S120 13.5
Old 05-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #100
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree that a clean race can become a derby if the guys on the driverstand get really pissed Off at One another, and that only benefits the backmarkers that avoid wrecks... Maybe the race director should calm folks down before the start, and keep reminding folks that the leaders are approaching ....
bertrandsv87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #101
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Some people take this R/C racing really serious, but as for me I have never been in a race serious enough to wreck somebody on purpose. Heres a good way to make racing better: Your back-markers are probably back-markers because of bad setup as much a bad driving, so help them and everybody goes faster.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. Losi 22 4.0, CRC Xi (retired), CRC Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #102
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I have never been in a race serious enough to wreck somebody on purpose.
You missed the A Main in VTA at Round 4 of the Northeast Grand Slam at Mimi's in Maryland a few years ago. Probably 1/2 of the field was intentionally trying to take Mike Haynes out. To this day it's the funniest race I've ever seen.

PS - They weren't successful.
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:54 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

here is the only solution that will make all happy.........we don't count laps and who is in the lead and who is not, just like they have started doing in you soccer. no winners no losers just fun.
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #104
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Lessen

Quote:
But not everyone who is a slower car is an expert driver. A lot of times they are rookies trying to learn. .
...and the first thing they shall learn is proper local etiquette...

bumping somebody doesn't mean you have to break their car. Not that I would know how to do that... I'm always the one moving out of the way.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
But not everyone who is a slower car is an expert driver. A lot of times they are rookies trying to learn. The experienced driver should go around cleanly and not wreck the other car so guys don't go home wondering why they should come back.
+1. Lapped drivers are not necessarily fighting with the leader. They are simply trying to enjoy their own race. Club race level.

For Worlds, Nationals, Regionals, big race, I would agree with lapped cars moving over.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote