Wiki Posts
Search

BMI DB10R!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default BMI DB10R!!!

Might as well and get a thread started for this awesome car!! This car seems to have a very unique layout for the electronics!! I cant wait to get one in my hands!! (hint , hint)

Last edited by Marcos.J; 02-10-2008 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Wow! 1/10 pan car class is coming back. Nice job, Jason.

I just wonder why the batteries right in the center of the chassis...
Old 02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmmmm, so I can't use my existing lipo's if I wanted to go that route? Has to be saddle pack lipos? Trying to weigh my options before I decide on which Pro10 to get. I know there is a push for 4cell which I like. But acceptance of current lipo's is something I need (or would like) as well.

Not bad looking. Not sure if I like the top deck design. I like where the ESC is placed. Good idea. Is there gonna be a front brace? Hmmmm gonna be a tough call.....
Old 02-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, it's certainly different to what I was expecting. For some reason it reminds me of the Yokomo YRX-10.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks guys. What we were finding is that with the increased wheelbase over the 1/12th car, the weight needed to be shifted forward some to get the car to rotate throughout the whole corner. We got it right with them 1/2 inch further back. So what i decided to do was to take it 1 step further and crunch the for and aft weight distribution and make the car rotate more smoothly by moving the elctronics to the back to achieve the same front to rear weight distribution with a more centralized mass. This layout made the car handle the best.

Saddle pack lipo will become the norm and we wanted to take advantage of this. As i have stated about my 1/12th car, I always try to think ahead to make it so i dont need to keep releasing cars. Saddle packs are ideal to make the cars handle and i really feel that this is the direction TC will take and offroad has already taken.

Last edited by protc3; 02-11-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Hmmmm, so I can't use my existing lipo's if I wanted to go that route? Has to be saddle pack lipos? Trying to weigh my options before I decide on which Pro10 to get. I know there is a push for 4cell which I like. But acceptance of current lipo's is something I need (or would like) as well.

Not bad looking. Not sure if I like the top deck design. I like where the ESC is placed. Good idea. Is there gonna be a front brace? Hmmmm gonna be a tough call.....
The next generation of sedans will not use sitck lipo. If the weight gets lowered on sedans (it will eventually) it will be impossible to balance a car left to right with a stick lipo. The Losi and Team Magic cars work but compromise other important things to achieve balance.

The next gen sedans will be saddle lipo.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Saddles are for horses
Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Definitely not what I was expecting, either. But nice!

I'm wondering how a lager brushless GTB with a fan fits in that area under the shock? Have you guys tried to fit something with a higher profile in there?

I don't see these cars taking a foothold at indoor carpet tracks for many of the same reasons they died 15 years ago, but outdoors on flat paved tracks and low turn motors on lipos, this could be a fantastic class.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Definitely not what I was expecting, either. But nice!

I'm wondering how a lager brushless GTB with a fan fits in that area under the shock? Have you guys tried to fit something with a higher profile in there?

I don't see these cars taking a foothold at indoor carpet tracks for many of the same reasons they died 15 years ago, but outdoors on flat paved tracks and low turn motors on lipos, this could be a fantastic class.
There is room to move the speedo left to right and allow for a speedo with a fan. There is also more room in the electronics area to mount larger speedos.

The biggest reason these car died out before was the physical size of them
(235mm) which is just too big for indoor tracks and most asphalt tracks in the US and also the speed. The speed was too much and the cars became very dangerous.

With the more narrow(200mm) and the cooperation of the general public and track owners, We can keep the speeds to where they are safe like we have in TC and they will be small enough to run indoors without any sacrifices.

I really feel that these cars can be a cheaper answer for TC. They handle better, they are cheaper, and much more simple for people to get them working real good.

I really feel that once people try them and see how similar on the track they are to TC, they will be more widely accepted. We need to get them out there and running.

I know that this car is not what alot of you expected. I was on the fence on whether to keep it standard and go with the flow or stick to my guns and go for all out performance and ease of use. I went the direction of being different because i felt that all of my products are a reflection of my ability to develope the best handling car i can. If i didnt go the route i did, i would not have been true to myself or happy with a product that i offer. When it came down to it, I thought to myself that if i didnt go for the performance and follow my views that i would rather not release the car at all. I wouldnt be able to sleep at night thinking that i just went with the flow when i didnt feel it was a best effort.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

I didn't think moving the cell forward was that wacky..

Congrats anyway and I hope you can take thinking outside of the box to the next level. All pan cars including 1/12th are still stuck in the 90's design wise.

There is a hole in the rules to have the motor connected to the chassis and transfer power to the fixed rear axel with a drive shaft for example.

I'll be testing a rebuild trinity evo 10 tomorrow with lipo's and a fast motor. It's funny because nothing has moved on much since the evo 10 and my lipo fits in it perfect .
Old 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyMac

Jimmy,
Where are you planning on running it at? I have been interested in these but figured even if a couple of folks locally bought them it would end up going the same direction as F201, run a couple of races and not enough people show up at one time to keep things interesting.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is the battery pack bottom loaded?

The car looks great, maybe it will fit a "Small Brick" lipo.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Lord

Last edited by protc3; 02-11-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Lord

Old 02-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Lord

Last edited by protc3; 02-11-2008 at 03:16 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.