Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing new f1 F113 >

3 Racing new f1 F113

3 Racing new f1 F113

Old 12-15-2012, 01:28 PM
  #76  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
Dan the Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Perth, W.A
Posts: 2,240
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

That car sure isn't what I was expecting; I thought we'd just be seeing an updated FGX with front shocks....interesting
Dan the Man is offline  
Old 12-16-2012, 12:32 AM
  #77  
Tech Regular
 
tudor_47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 345
Default

Good to see you again Inzane!
tudor_47 is offline  
Old 12-16-2012, 01:02 AM
  #78  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (68)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,623
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Here is hoping this is finally an F1 car from 3racing that doesn't require an addition $100-200 to make it work right.
Dan is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM
  #79  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 24
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post

Just found this on the 3racing site , more about the car and some great close up shots of it.

http://os.3racing.hk/carkits_web.php?carkits_web_key=22

I wonder what size tires it will use? Will we still be able to use the F103 tires the F109 used or is it going to be different again?
McLarenFan is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 02:35 PM
  #80  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,909
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Put an F104 front end on it you have a cheaper version of the F104 V2.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 PM
  #81  
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

Originally Posted by McLarenFan View Post
Just found this on the 3racing site , more about the car and some great close up shots of it.

http://os.3racing.hk/carkits_web.php?carkits_web_key=22

I wonder what size tires it will use? Will we still be able to use the F103 tires the F109 used or is it going to be different again?
In the pictures it uses f103 style foam tires.
2wdrive is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:10 PM
  #82  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

On the shopping list for sure waiting for the release
mattwoodcraft is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 06:42 PM
  #83  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,420
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

We've got the F113 demo chassis at the shop.

It takes F103/F104 wheels and the front width is 200mm, the rear width is 180mm with F104 tires, 200mm with f103 tires.

3racing will make 180mm width front end parts soon.

I don't think we can put F104 front end, but I'll try....

Pre-Order is available, Estimated shipping is Jan. 2013.
















spring71 is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 06:57 PM
  #84  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hudson Falls, NY
Posts: 876
Default

Originally Posted by spring71 View Post
We've got the F113 demo chassis at the shop.

It takes F103/F104 wheels and the front width is 200mm, the rear width is 180mm with F104 tires, 200mm with f103 tires.

3racing will make 180mm width front end parts soon.

I don't think we can put F104 front end, but I'll try....

Pre-Order is available, Estimated shipping is Jan. 2013.
















Will the Tamiya front wings fit on this car? Will the Tamiya F1 bodies fit as well? I don't like the lexan front wings or the stock body that come with the F113.

I think it's a pretty cool car, but, the exposed front shocks, not too crazy about that. Plus, between it and the new TRG 112, I prefer the TRG; it seems to be the better set-up. Just my $.02
I wonder how they're going to do the optional 180mm front end on the F113? The front shocks would have to be either smaller or moved inboard, as the stock front shocks seem too big to allow for a narrower front.
Team Lotus is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 07:28 PM
  #85  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 4,420
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
Will the Tamiya front wings fit on this car? Will the Tamiya F1 bodies fit as well? I don't like the lexan front wings or the stock body that come with the F113.

I think it's a pretty cool car, but, the exposed front shocks, not too crazy about that. Plus, between it and the new TRG 112, I prefer the TRG; it seems to be the better set-up. Just my $.02
I wonder how they're going to do the optional 180mm front end on the F113? The front shocks would have to be either smaller or moved inboard, as the stock front shocks seem too big to allow for a narrower front.
Yes, you can use F104 front and rear wing without any modification.

F103 bodies will fit, but I'm not sure of F104 bodies because of the wide front end.

Thanks.
spring71 is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 08:09 PM
  #86  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
mattwoodcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: perth / australia
Posts: 2,747
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Sweet
Sounds good I like the idea of been whale to shop and choose what wheels and tyre sizes one can use
mattwoodcraft is offline  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 PM
  #87  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
GryphunRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

What is the deal with the tribal / lightning upper deck?

To hard to design a modern streamlined upper deck using CAD?

Had to let one of their kids draw a template for it?
GryphunRacing is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:18 AM
  #88  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockport, UK
Posts: 1,015
Default

Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
I wonder how they're going to do the optional 180mm front end on the F113? The front shocks would have to be either smaller or moved inboard, as the stock front shocks seem too big to allow for a narrower front.
Look at the length of the ball joints at the top of the shocks, shortening the shocks is going to be pretty easy.

If they can narrow it by keeping the same arms and moving the wishbone mounts inwards it also has a chance of being race legal as well.
terry.sc is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:38 AM
  #89  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,909
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Can we get a couple shots of the bottom?
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:27 PM
  #90  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockport, UK
Posts: 1,015
Default

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Can we get a couple shots of the bottom?
There's a bottom shot on page 3 of this thread.
terry.sc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.