R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   HRS or ADVANCED HSR? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/62341-hrs-advanced-hsr.html)

ntc3freak 02-06-2005 05:35 AM

Originally posted by adamkerrnz
i might sell off my v-one-rr and TL01 and get myself a helios to use with my pro 4 :D wat do u think ahmad :P

:eek: :sneaky: :eek: :sneaky: :eek: :sneaky: :eek: :sneaky: :eek:

ntc3freak 02-06-2005 05:36 AM

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Actually, I would say the 3PK is better. More features, better look, way better/bigger display and good quality feel. And the adjustable steering wheel is included, meaning a lower total price. I cant see even one area, where Helios is better than 3PK. The only thing could be the feel of grip, but that's very personal anyway...

i would disagree.just my opinion anyways.every people has different opinions abiut everything,and i think the helios is better:D

Cole Trickle 02-06-2005 05:58 AM

Originally posted by ntc3freak
i would disagree.just my opinion anyways.every people has different opinions abiut everything,and i think the helios is better:D
Can you provide any reasons? The only few things I can see about the Helios, is that the RX is small, which dont mean much to me and the jog dial, which neither mean something for me. In which ways do you find the Helios is better? I'm trying to learn about it, and I need reasons, instead of opinions.

ntc3freak 02-06-2005 06:48 AM

Can you provide any reasons? The only few things I can see about the Helios, is that the RX is small, which dont mean much to me and the jog dial, which neither mean something for me. In which ways do you find the Helios is better? I'm trying to learn about it, and I need reasons, instead of opinions.

hmm.tough one.the helios just feels right for me.and yes,the screen is smaller,but i dont need the screen to watch movies or films.just simple things.and imo,it looks way better.the receiver plays a huge part,it saves so much space,and the jog dial is excellent.i know the 3pk already includes the parts to make the wheel drop,but can it tilt like the helios with the wheel extension unit?i know it will cost a bit more,but i like the feel of it.i dont want to start a 3pk vs helios debate here:D .both are excellent radios.in the end,go with what u feel most comfortable with.:sweat:

Cole Trickle 02-06-2005 11:14 AM

hmm.tough one.the helios just feels right for me.and yes,the screen is smaller,but i dont need the screen to watch movies or films.just simple things.and imo,it looks way better.the receiver plays a huge part,it saves so much space,and the jog dial is excellent.i know the 3pk already includes the parts to make the wheel drop,but can it tilt like the helios with the wheel extension unit?i know it will cost a bit more,but i like the feel of it.i dont want to start a 3pk vs helios debate here:D .both are excellent radios.in the end,go with what u feel most comfortable with.:sweat:
You're right, this is not a Helios versus 3PK (or any other radio) thread :nod: But I just dont like posts, where someone claims XXX is THE BEST, without explaining why :sneaky:

Anyway, the grip test is the most important, so I'll have to do that. And thanks for open my eyes about the drop down wheel, which can tilt on Helios - it cant on 3PK :cool:

koabich 02-06-2005 11:21 AM

I didn't mean to imply the Helios was a cheap radio. I ment was that it didn't feel as solid when compared along side of my M8. It did not feel as well put together. The dials seemed to have play in them and were not as positive feeling as my M8. The plastic felt kinda cheap too. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way I do or maybe it was a bad radio I was looking at.

X2 02-06-2005 11:36 AM

I do like the helios, and was very close to getting one a while back, but man they are HUGE. I dont understand why though, my Mars is way,way smaller seems like KO took a step backwards in the looks/feel department.

Cole Trickle 02-06-2005 11:42 AM

Originally posted by X2
I do like the helios, and was very close to getting one a while back, but man they are HUGE. I dont understand why though, my Mars is way,way smaller seems like KO took a step backwards in the looks/feel department.
Depends.... Once, I fall in love with the Mars.... But it was too small for my hands... Had to get the Presto, but still in love with the Mars though ...:cool:

ntc3freak 02-06-2005 06:21 PM

Originally posted by koabich
I didn't mean to imply the Helios was a cheap radio. I ment was that it didn't feel as solid when compared along side of my M8. It did not feel as well put together. The dials seemed to have play in them and were not as positive feeling as my M8. The plastic felt kinda cheap too. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way I do or maybe it was a bad radio I was looking at.

izzit??:weird: my helios doesnt seem cheap.again,dont want to start another this radio versus the another radio debate here:D .ok,bottom line is,both are obviously not cheap or have a cheap feeling,both are excellent radios.or maybe,u have a prototype helios or something else:sneaky: :sneaky: :D

onebeatuptc3 02-06-2005 06:39 PM

The reason i like the helios is because first off, it comes with very similar features, and it came cheaper then the 3pk or m8. (got it for 254.99 shipped to my door). Then, the helios comes with a capability to use the Super HRS system out of the box (of course if you have the proper servos). Then finally, i like it because you can make it play melodies, and the menus are completely customizable.

As for feeling cheap, i think many only think it feels cheap because the rubber grip on it, it just feels different then the all plastic grips on most other radios.

Aggdaddy 02-06-2005 06:46 PM

I don't get it. Why does it matter how the transmitter feels? As long as it does what it is designed to do and lasts a long time, the way the plastic feels shouldn't be an issue.

ntc3freak 02-06-2005 06:51 PM

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
I don't get it. Why does it matter how the transmitter feels? As long as it does what it is designed to do and lasts a long time, the way the plastic feels shouldn't be an issue.

coz,u dont want a radio that isnt comfortable for u right?:blush:

ntc3freak 02-06-2005 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Actually, I would say the 3PK is better. More features, better look, way better/bigger display and good quality feel. And the adjustable steering wheel is included, meaning a lower total price. I cant see even one area, where Helios is better than 3PK. The only thing could be the feel of grip, but that's very personal anyway...

no offence to anyone,but i think this .................................................. ...

ntc3freak 02-06-2005 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)

no offence to anyone,but i think this .................................................. ...

looks better than this.......

again,no offence to anyone:sweat:

psbarger 02-06-2005 10:56 PM

Originally posted by Aggdaddy
Actually, the way a radio feels to you is IMO (and many others) the single most important aspect since all the high end radios have basically the same features.