Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M8 vs R1 vs 3PK

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

i don't know why guys you like helios... the look of this radio is terrible, looks like a chinese toy...

m8 is clearly too old for these days, it even does not have a normal display...

i got 3pk, never had any problems, work perfect, looks fine, and Futaba!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Now by asking which is better...will get u no where !!

most ppl will just suggest wat they are running an b a little biased towards a certain radio ...

i currently own a 3Pk .... i chose this radio because after trying to hold the Helios an the M8
the 3pk was the most comfortable for me (will b diff for everyone) ... i didn't care about looks an all them have the same basic features that u will need

so it came down to the 3pk being more comfortable .... an the larger screen helps to u c much easier an everything.

go for the radio that u like the look of, is comfortable for u an the one that feels the easiest to use.!!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Exe
Tech Regular

i'm not bitc**n' other radios, but display on futaba is really good and extremely user friendly...
Old 02-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use the R-1 and have no complaints with it what so ever. I have used this radio now for the past 3 years and have many hour long 1/8 scale main under its belt. If you actually weight the r1 and compare it to the others you will be shocked to find out it is actually lighter then some others. I have had the m8 and was far from happy with it, I had many radio hits with it and I have never had one with my R-1. Jr makes very nice stuff and it is well worth it.

Basically you need to try all these radios and find out wich one feels the best to you. They will all get the job done and they all have abou the same features and transit speed
Old 02-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Initiate

3PK Black is a great transmitter, looks beautiful, very comfortable (adjustable steering wheel positioning) and glitches rarely. The HRS system is very nice also, both more responsive and better range.
Old 02-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I found my Multiplex 707 to be a huge improvement in response speed vs my R1 (regular not Pro)...

I asked several others toobserve and they noted the same thing...

I didn't believe the hype either...until I experienced it
Old 02-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Addict

looking for a cheap 3pk or m8 or helios or jr r1. if anyone of you wishes to sell t to me. please pm me.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

An M8 with the new spectrum system and you'll be golden. The other radios are good too, but in general more expensive. I like the M8 navigaton and to be honest, I'm, sure the differences are just personal so save the money and jump on the spectrum. Also, since a lot of guys who run the M8 like to customize the feel of the handle by using tennis wrap, the balance is equalled out more; if that's a problem, it isn't for me.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I had an R1 for ever. Then I got a 3pk, and can say the R1 is a piece of crap. I always thought clitching was just a part of RC. But when I get the 3PK, that was not the story. Today I just got a M8 to get the spektum, and I am wondering if I should have waited for the Futaba. Just a very old feel to me. You can't even do anything with the loud annoying beeper. And after dealing w/ KO customer service on a servo, I don't think I will ever own a KO product again...........
Old 02-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I guess then what your saying is you should have kept the 3pk because YOU liked it more,
Old 02-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Yep...
Old 02-08-2005, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I wouldn't say the R1 is a piece of crap...mine worked flawlessly for me...

to each their own I guess....and yes I have used other radios...
Old 02-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The only time my R1 glitches, is when i use an offbrand reciever, or im using cheap crystals, when i run an r200 receiever and Jr crystals, im golden, my receiever was even cut, and i soldered it back together works fine
Old 02-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

r1 - no personal experience, no comment

m8 - had one for years since they first came out. plusses: comes with dsc cord, easy menu navigation, most affordable, has spectrum option out now as well as synth modules. minuses: to be replaced soon (supposedely), does not have adjustable wheel angle, does not have adjustable frame rate, large receiver

3pk - no personal experience, but from my friends that have them it seems to be a love-hate thing. one likes the menus, the other doesn't. all three like the drop down wheel option. medium sized receiver, adjustable frame rates, etc.

helios - i just picked this up as a replacement for my m8/synth setup. after holding one awhile back, i feel in love with how comfortable it was. it is definately more pricey than the m8, and does not come with the dsc cable (16 bucks if i recall). it has more adjustments than an m8, but the menus are not as easy to navigate (the custom menus are a double edged sword).

at this point i would either go with the 3pk or the helios.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

M8...........