Wiki Posts
Search

Fake Tamiya 417 vs Sakura Zero S

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 06:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
For what its worth I have several weeks of track time on my TC6.1 and haven't broken a part yet (though I'm sure I've just jinxed myself).

Edit: I take that back, I broke a rear blade when my turnbuckle popped loose once.
I have seen you race...did you go fast enough to break anything ?
Old 07-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

When I posted this message, I was debating which one to get and I ended up getting used x-ray T3 from a guy and I love it. I'm glad I didn't get Sakura zero S or any similar cheaper model because I love the fact that T3 is fully adjustable. At the beginning, it didn't seem to matter much since I didn't know how and what to adjust things but as I study more, I found my T3 really good car and I also found the guy I got my car from doesn't know how to set up the car. I found so many mis-built parts that I ended up spending twice as much time as I would when I buy a new car.
Well anyway my point is, I'm glad to have T3 and it's been so much fun trying different tuning options. It is pain in the ass to try to find what the problem is every time my car oversteers but finally I dialed my car after 3 months.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by snuvet75
When I posted this message, I was debating which one to get and I ended up getting used x-ray T3 from a guy and I love it. I'm glad I didn't get Sakura zero S or any similar cheaper model because I love the fact that T3 is fully adjustable. At the beginning, it didn't seem to matter much since I didn't know how and what to adjust things but as I study more, I found my T3 really good car and I also found the guy I got my car from doesn't know how to set up the car. I found so many mis-built parts that I ended up spending twice as much time as I would when I buy a new car.
Well anyway my point is, I'm glad to have T3 and it's been so much fun trying different tuning options. It is pain in the ass to try to find what the problem is every time my car oversteers but finally I dialed my car after 3 months.
Either one of the cars you were looking at were fully adjustable. I'm very glad you ended up with a great chassis though. The xray is a great car and its a lot of fun to be on the podium with them and my sakura zero. learning to tune these things is a very steep learning curve. Glad you fought it out and stuck with it to get the chassis hooked up. It does get easier but there is a lot to learn.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

I break my tc6.1 all the time.... I Crash alot tho errrrrrrrr
Old 01-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bappe
i raced the sakura xi and it was a great car, only problem is that the plastic in the suspension is crap, i broke 2 arms , one c hub and a steering spindle on it, and it wasnt full speed crashes. switched to a xray foam bumper, c hubs and steering blocks and the car was fine again. this was with 17.5 heavily boosted, but if you are racing in slower blinky classes, which seems to be the popular choice in usa then it will hold up alot better in and a bumper change would be the only necessary upgrade.

switched to a tc6.1 in february, have done full speed crashes with it and nothing has been broken yet, plus that i was faster with the tc6.1 from the first time on the track, and that compared to a car that i have been racing all winter and been testing alot of stuff on.

both cars are great so pick one and race, the sakura has a more neutral handling and is super easy to drive, the tc6.1 is also very easy to drive but a little more aggresive than the sakura (which i like) i like the balance in the tc6 more, more rear traction and tons more steering than the sakura
if you are on a tight budget i recommend the sakura s
from this sentence I confused "switched to a xray foam bumper, c hubs and steering blocks" did u mean u use c hub from xray or just chnge it with same brand (3racing)