speed 2 drift upgrades for beginners?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

speed 2 drift upgrades for beginners?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default speed 2 drift upgrades for beginners?

So I have no experience working ok RC cars at all and I'm trying to keep the money shelling to a minimum right now but are there some parts I can upgrade/update that will start giving me some mechanic experience while also helping out the car a bit?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone? Please? MUST.SHOP.NOW.! ;-)
Old 04-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't be in a hurry to blow money. Trust me that will come naturally. What is it you need to do with the car? Are you going to drift? race? bash? For some things it can be as simple as changing the angle of the shocks for other things you would benifit from a $100+ Exotek Chassis upgrade. But there is no need to spend the big money just to stomp around a parking lot.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jameyfoto
So I have no experience working ok RC cars at all and I'm trying to keep the money shelling to a minimum right now but are there some parts I can upgrade/update that will start giving me some mechanic experience while also helping out the car a bit?
Tell us first what car you have, that's a start.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

it's a Speed 2 Drift, as in the title...

I'm not looking to do any $100 upgrades til I understand more what I'm doing. I just see all sorts of springs and control arms and other various things around and I'm curious if any are worth tinkering with just for the sake of tinkering or raising performance considerably for a small price tag as in gaining experience while also benefitting the car. I plan on drifting, drifting drifting! it's something I can do alone in my basement and garage and have fun with while I learn what the heck I'm doing.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Drive it. Get an extra battery. Go to some local races and hang out.

Enjoy the car until you are ready for a nicer chassis. Then you can sell that one used to some one who could not afford to get into the hobby otherwise. Or you could go for a nice steering servo that you could later move to your next car. Maybe A Savox 1257. You will definitely notice the difference in performance.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have just picked up a sprint 2 sport which i am turning in to a drifter
start by locking the rear diff. then run the car a bit to see the changes
( you should do this after evey mod or change) so you can learn what the changes are doing to the car. try to pick up a one way front diff
and the shock upgrade.
and other parts will break so just upgrade at that point

Last edited by grim; 04-23-2012 at 09:00 PM. Reason: adding more
Old 04-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Adept

Honestly the sprint 2 drift works right out of the box. Spend money on tires and batteries. To put it this way, my little brother got one for his 8th birthday and hed gladly drift our parking lot drift tracks with minimal crashing or anything. Hell in cases hed hang with guys runing $1k cars and doing this for years.