Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless suggestions?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Brushless suggestions?!

Hehe..just got confirmation that our local club will be allowing for brushless in electric sedan mod class! Any suggestions which esc and motor to go with? Brand? I was looking at the LRP and Novak's latest...don't find any online stores that sell them yet? When are they coming out?! The mod class that I run will allow down to 10t motors...

G
Old 02-21-2005, 01:33 AM
Exe
Tech Regular

in this case go with brush or wait for lrp motor, cause novak ss5800 can be equal only to 12 turn, but not 10...
Old 02-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Tech Elite

get a hacker 6 turn and a u force version 3 75 speedy. just wash or scratch of the number on the back of the motor and no one will be none the wiser

anyway why are they limiting it to a 10 turn brushless? are they scared that you will beat a brushed guy if you go any lower??!! at the end of the day isn't it a mod class anyway??

go to these sites.
www.icare-rc.com . The U-Force is available thru www.starluckrc.com
Old 02-21-2005, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You better double check the rules, sounds like they are using the ROAR brushless rule so they also might restrict the motor winding technique (wye instead of delta).

For indoorrs I like to run the U-force 75 and a lehner basic 4200. don't know how many turns the basic is though.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well the mod class is made for brushed motors and the lowest is 10 t according to the rules. So if I get a brushless, I'd think it should be comparible...

Brushless faster in general or have more torque? Say a 10 turn brushed vs a 10 turn equivalent = which one will be faster?

When will the LRP sphere system come out anyway?

G
Old 02-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

You may be able to stay with 10 turns with the Novak without a problem... I know that I'mm able to stay with a NTC3 with my Novak in the car....

I'm desperately waiting for the Reedy to come out.... The choice of running both brushed and brushless off the same controler just seems like an awesome idea.... Put the brushless in for practice and run all day, swap the motors and go race..... No wear on my brushed motors....
Old 02-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You might be able to keep up with the novak, hard to say. I have always found the novak to be like a 12 or 13 turn motor.

A brushless that is the same rpm as a 10 turn will most likely have more torque so you can actually get more speed by gearing it down more.

What size track are you running on? Indoor/ooutdoor, carpet/asphalt??

I don't have a good example of 10 turn motors, but I do have a movie of my car running a lehner basic 4200 and my firends car running a novak and we are both running agaist a couple of 8 turn brushed guys. If you are interested go here

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=38225

My car is red and my name is matt, my firends car is black/silver/and red and his name is chuck. The two brushed guys are kevin and rob. The page many be a little slow.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

The Novak has much more torque than a brushless does.... You need to take that into consideration when gearing it....
Old 02-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

THERE IS A BRUSHLESS MOTOR THREAD U KNOW!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=61495

but anyway, I AGREE! SCRATCH OFF THE NUMBER ON THE MOTOR AND ITS A DONE DEAL! lol
Old 02-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to run on an outdoor parking lot track. Medium sized....

With a friend's recommendation - I'm planning on getting the U-force 75 with the shadow motor? How does that sound? Preeety pricy though considering the new LRP is going to be around $220 ish...why is the u-force 75 so expensive...OUCH!

G