Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-17-2005, 10:02 AM   #631
Tech Adept

EG: Might go to the vegas race :-))
Mr. Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:12 AM   #632
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Eddie Garrison

OH YEAH !!!....I hope you do bro....I'll be there....PICTURES IN VEGAS BABY !!!....You know we'll get some good ones there....

-EG
Old 02-17-2005, 03:12 PM   #633
Tech Initiate

Angry BAD ATTITUDE TEAM DRIVERS

I was there when Team Associateds(GIRLY MAN)we will call him Baker,walked up to jiles,and started yelling and pointing fingers etc................I mean what a poor sport loser!!!!!
That kid raced his but off to win that A main!!!
And he traveled here from SWEDEN!!!That is awesome,he worked on his own car and motor,and put his own car down before each run,and BEAT all of the big time sponsored boys!!!!
Associateds BOY better think about his primadona actions at the track,or one of these times he might be picking his self up off the floor!!!!!And Blackstock acted the same way too!!
What they should have done,is CONGRATULATED him and moved on!!!And now he says he wants to run OVAL?Well let me tell you ,that the oval guys will NOT put up with his BS!!!!!!!
So maybe over the course of the year,he can get a lesson in manners,before he gets tought one??!
45 TEAM FUSION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #634
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Eddie Garrison

WOW.....I thought we were over this....its kewl though.....good point I guess....

-EG
Old 02-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #635
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: BAD ATTITUDE TEAM DRIVERS

Quote:
Originally posted by 45 TEAM FUSION
I was there when ....
I was ten feet from the incident and saw a whole different thing. Baker mouthed off to Hudy (not jilles) and Blackstock didn't say much of anything. Just goes to show how differently each of us perceives things.
---------------------------
Anymore pictures of the Snowbird Nats besides Nash's????
Old 02-17-2005, 04:27 PM   #636
Tech Fanatic

Once again, the annonymity of the Internet empowers someone to pop off at the mouth with little fear of repercussion. Sheesh, this place is worse than alcohol.

Like Futureal once said, "RCTech: Empowering smarta____ since 2001." or something similar.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #637
Tech Apprentice

Steel City Hobbies has some pics.

http://www.steelcityhobbies.com/2005...rdNats05.shtml
ms2005fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:58 PM   #638
Tech Master

Default Re: BAD ATTITUDE TEAM DRIVERS

Quote:
Originally posted by 45 TEAM FUSION
I was there when Team Associateds(GIRLY MAN)we will call him Baker,walked up to jiles,and started yelling and pointing fingers etc................I mean what a poor sport loser!!!!!
That kid raced his but off to win that A main!!!
And he traveled here from SWEDEN!!!That is awesome,he worked on his own car and motor,and put his own car down before each run,and BEAT all of the big time sponsored boys!!!!
Associateds BOY better think about his primadona actions at the track,or one of these times he might be picking his self up off the floor!!!!!And Blackstock acted the same way too!!
What they should have done,is CONGRATULATED him and moved on!!!And now he says he wants to run OVAL?Well let me tell you ,that the oval guys will NOT put up with his BS!!!!!!!
So maybe over the course of the year,he can get a lesson in manners,before he gets tought one??!

Did you just make that entire thing up? Because that didn't happen, not even close. Barry did have words with Martin (I have a picture) and then both Hudy's were yelling with Barry. I can't say I blame Barry for getting made or anybody since the tension in a single main where people getting taken out is high (on purpose or not). Honestly it's more of a problem with the officials of the race not the drivers. I'd be pretty pissed if my team didn't win because of lapped traffic.

Jilles was never approached or was talked about in a negative way. But let's stop making stuff up. There were maybe 100 people in the room and 20 near the two when it went down. I would be one of those guys.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:08 PM   #639
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus

Hmm...finally got a chance to post. I had a great time in Orlando. I didn't finish as well as I would have liked to. As soon as the traction came up I was in trouble. Oh well. There is always next year.

Thanks again to Mike and his crew for putting on a superb race. So what suggestions can we make to make the race better? The only thing I can comment on is to allow open practice on Monday or early Tuesday. That way we can get an early start on the "groove". Also, I would like to see longer controlled practice times instead of 1 -2 hours at a time. It's hard to make the necessary adjustments (for us not so skilled drivers) and try to make it back out there in time. Usually you have to wait until the next block of time comes around for your session. Instead of many "short" sessions, how about a few "long" sessions. Just a thought.

As for the Baker, Hudy incident. I hope everybody that is saying stuff can back it up by what they saw. And even then in the heat of the momment you may have thought you saw something but really didn't. I'm not defending anybody. I was on the announcer's booth recording the race. I was in a position to see straight down the chicane. My thoughts....during the race I saw the Hudy "move" on thought nothing of it except a bad case of nervesousness...or a slight lapse. After downloading the video and reviewing it...I have to think differently. Accident....HIGHLY UNLIKELY. But did it matter for the battle for 1st? NO. Jiles was on point. Did Blackstock have a chance? No way. But the battle for 2nd on down was still up for grabs. Yes....Martin and Sr. have a reputation for being rash at times but they can also be helpful. But I'm sure nextime he does race with those same people I'm sure he'll get his chance to watch (relaxingly or pissed off) the A main either from the driver's stand or as a spectator.

And no. Please do not ask for the clip. It's bad enough it happened and everybody knows it. We just don't need the video clip floating around in this hobby. (but if it needs to surface...HMMM). I'm sure there are others that have a great shot of the incident too!

Jeff B
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 05:18 PM   #640
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: BAD ATTITUDE TEAM DRIVERS

Quote:
Originally posted by DerekB
Did you just make that entire thing up? Because that didn't happen, not even close. Barry did have words with Martin (I have a picture) and then both Hudy's were yelling with Barry. I can't say I blame Barry for getting made or anybody since the tension in a single main where people getting taken out is high (on purpose or not). Honestly it's more of a problem with the officials of the race not the drivers. I'd be pretty pissed if my team didn't win because of lapped traffic.

Jilles was never approached or was talked about in a negative way. But let's stop making stuff up. There were maybe 100 people in the room and 20 near the two when it went down. I would be one of those guys.

Then lets see the pic.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:24 PM   #641
Tech Rookie

I did not see the fuss in the pits with Baker and the Hudy's, but I was standing right in front of Jilles in the tech area when Baker stormed in barking at him about Martin and Blackstock. To his credit, Groskamp said nothing to Baker.
Also ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #642
Tech Master

FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #643
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Also ran
I did not see the fuss in the pits with Baker and the Hudy's, but I was standing right in front of Jilles in the tech area when Baker stormed in barking at him about Martin and Blackstock. To his credit, Groskamp said nothing to Baker.

I dont think groskamp speaks english.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #644
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ms2005fl
I dont think groskamp speaks english.
Actually like most Europeans they learn English young and speak it very well.

Team Driving is always going to happen. Rough driving can be nipped, but it has to be penalized early.
Old 02-17-2005, 07:59 PM   #645
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Proteus
Hmm...finally got a chance to post. I had a great time in Orlando. I didn't finish as well as I would have liked to. As soon as the traction came up I was in trouble. Oh well. There is always next year.

Thanks again to Mike and his crew for putting on a superb race. So what suggestions can we make to make the race better? The only thing I can comment on is to allow open practice on Monday or early Tuesday. That way we can get an early start on the "groove". Also, I would like to see longer controlled practice times instead of 1 -2 hours at a time. It's hard to make the necessary adjustments (for us not so skilled drivers) and try to make it back out there in time. Usually you have to wait until the next block of time comes around for your session. Instead of many "short" sessions, how about a few "long" sessions. Just a thought.

As for the Baker, Hudy incident. I hope everybody that is saying stuff can back it up by what they saw. And even then in the heat of the momment you may have thought you saw something but really didn't. I'm not defending anybody. I was on the announcer's booth recording the race. I was in a position to see straight down the chicane. My thoughts....during the race I saw the Hudy "move" on thought nothing of it except a bad case of nervesousness...or a slight lapse. After downloading the video and reviewing it...I have to think differently. Accident....HIGHLY UNLIKELY. But did it matter for the battle for 1st? NO. Jiles was on point. Did Blackstock have a chance? No way. But the battle for 2nd on down was still up for grabs. Yes....Martin and Sr. have a reputation for being rash at times but they can also be helpful. But I'm sure nextime he does race with those same people I'm sure he'll get his chance to watch (relaxingly or pissed off) the A main either from the driver's stand or as a spectator.

And no. Please do not ask for the clip. It's bad enough it happened and everybody knows it. We just don't need the video clip floating around in this hobby. (but if it needs to surface...HMMM). I'm sure there are others that have a great shot of the incident too!

Jeff B
Gee, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

The internet... The best and worse at the same time.....

THANK god Forumla 1 and Aussie Footy starts next month!!!!!!!!!!!!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote