Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Snowbirds Race Coverage

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, interesting, I'm waiting for your feedback. Will you try it on asphalt?
Old 02-15-2005, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Regarding the spektrum, there are several guys at my local track who use it and I have never heard a complaint. We run a carpet indoor track. There are some guys from Horizon that come to our track and race who had early models and they worked very well too. The spektrum system is supposed to "revolutionize" the rc industry but if nobody uses it then we will never know.
Does anyone know where we can find pics of the race?
Old 02-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

and/or videos!

Nick
Old 02-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

imprsme
I’m am having the same results as you had with the spektrum. It is very sluggish with the steering response. I run on a very tight and technical track were you need the quick steering response and it just wasn’t there. I’m going to try the system one more time. If I have the same results its going on ebay! Anyone else having similar problems. Maybe mine is just defective????
Old 02-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Well there were 5 at my buddies track 2 weeks ago and one other at my local track all with the same thing. Then at the Snowbirds I talked to about 20 different ppl all are getting the same thing. The factory guys I talked to said they had no problems with the it on asphalt. So I will hold onto mine for a few more months until we go outside sor asphalt.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Greg Anthony
Great job Toso...
thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

No prob bro.. too bad i wasn't there to represent "Team Red" among others....

Shoot me an e-mail if you get a chance.... [email protected]
Old 02-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Chris Tosolini
thanks
Man, what was going through your head on that last lap? I saw the margin of victory you had and that place musta been going absolutely BONKERS!!!
Old 02-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

those oval 19t fly! who provided the handout motor, are you alowed to like polish bushings or cut brushes on the handout motors?
Old 02-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

the 19th motors are trinity ultra--bird motors and they have bearings in them.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had a spektrum that shipped back to Horizon because of steering issues as well as steering trim problems. The guys at Horizon said that they experienced the same problem with the prototypes when teams were using them but they changed the programming and fixed it. They said mine must of slipped through without being reprogrammed. I'll let you know once they send it back to me.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:08 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Carpet problem perhaps

I have talked to several people with the system, most feel it's as good if not better, speed wise then a normal system, the reaction time is not sluggish at all.

These problems only seem to occur on carpet. If running the spektrum on carpet is the only flaw in the system, I can only think that has somthing to do with static from the carpet. like it has been stated, at the worlds no problems, big fast open asphalt track.

I know people running indoors onroad, no problems, offroad no problems, gas no problems.

I saw todd hodge post that he was going to run the system at the birds, curious if he stuck with it or pulled it out. Losi's early problems may have been a result of there spektrum units not working so well on the carpet.

any thoughts

Originally posted by imprsme
"Regarding the Spektrum. It doesn't seem people used it there, but remember racing is trendy if one person thought crapping in your motor made you faster and wearing your boxers on the outside of your pants then next week you'd see everybody doing it."

"I think they are still a little cautious at big events about new technology. If they use something new and have an off week then it must be the equipment."

I know I bought a Spektrum system just for this race. Got there on Wed. tried it in my first practice and the car had a VERY BAD LAG. You turn and then 2ft later the car turns, going down the straight the car just felt very sluggish, like it was hitting a Rev-Limiter. I pulled the system out and went back to crystals and had no more problems like this. I talked to a few Factory drivers about the system, everyone of them ask me what I felt while using it. I explained it to them and they said that was exactly what they felt. none of them offed there opinion first, They all ask what I thought then after that explained that they too felt teh same thing.

So if an "average joe" can feel the lag why would you think it was just a trend for them to pull the system?

I saw one person using the system all weekend and watching the car ans the kid drive you could tell he was having the same problem.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

None of the factory guys ran the spektrum system. Todd was one that I spoke too several times about the system. I over heard Matt tell them to take the thing out of his car after the 1st round of open practice.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Vid of Birds?

Guys,
does anyone know if ther is a site or link that has video footage from the Birds?
Ive been looking round but cant see much at all.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

are there any pic of the race yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.