Titanium screws

Old 02-02-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Arrow Titanium screws

Hi guys.
I am about to put together HPI Pro4.
I was thinking about getting a titanium screw kit from Speed Mind, sold on precicionrc.com.
Does anyone know the weight difference btween the original screws and Titanium screws ?
Are there any downsides to getting titanium screws ??

plz comment
Old 02-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Titanium screws

Originally posted by Snikkari
Hi guys.
I was thinking about getting a titanium screw kit from Speed Mind, sold on precicionrc.com.
Does anyone know the weight difference btween the original screws and Titanium screws ?

plz comment
They are lighter, but weaker (softer) you can strip them out a littler easier than standard screws. They are stronger than Aluminum screws. Suggest you build the car with the stock screws then replace them with the Ti screws.
Old 02-02-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

or just use the stock screws to prethread the holes.

the speedmind screw set has pretty good bang for the bux
Old 02-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Titanium screws

Originally posted by Snikkari
Hi guys.

plz comment
Snikkari,

We carry a titanium screw kit for the pro4. As far as weight saving, With about 80-90 screws for most cars, I believe the weight saving when changing steel screws out for titanium is right about 30 grams of weight saving.

Steve Wang
Old 02-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Titanium screws

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Snikkari,

We carry a titanium screw kit for the pro4. As far as weight saving, With about 80-90 screws for most cars, I believe the weight saving when changing steel screws out for titanium is right about 30 grams of weight saving.

Steve Wang
personally i think you are better of leaving the standard steel screws. the pro4 has very tight plastics (this is a good thing) and the titanium ones, over time will develip slop, until one day you will thread one of them.

the weight saving si minimal as the weight is distributed around the car. you really need the strength of steel screws on the chassi underside. titanium screws will thread if you leave them on the front bumper area/rear bumper due to natural scuffing.

if you want bling just get alloy coloured screws for the top section. these are light. and a bit stronger than titanium around the screw head area.