R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Athens, Greece.
Posts: 105
Default Instead of TRF 415MS?

I want to search a lot before i buy my stuff.
So first i thought gettingt one Tamiya TRF 415MS.
Do you have another car as a second choice?
Capone_GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:34 PM   #2
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

You have TONS of knowledge avalible to you in each car manufacturers thread on this site. Read through those threads if you want to make an educated buy, but any car bread for competition can win in the right persons hands.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:37 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Eirik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Oslo, Norway
Posts: 627
Default

If your not going to buy an MS I would suggest you buy an regular 415 and upgrade with LW and Worlds kit later on
Eirik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:07 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
ddesros2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Windsor, Canada-eh!!
Posts: 403
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Instead of TRF 415MS?

Quote:
Originally posted by Capone_GR
I want to search a lot before i buy my stuff.
So first i thought gettingt one Tamiya TRF 415MS.
Do you have another car as a second choice?
The TRF 415MS is a nice machine but VERY expensive (only thing I don't like about the car is the top plate screws are not countersunk).

I would only consider cars that your local tracks support, if a lot of guys have the 415 and your track has parts, then get it (if you can afford it). X-Ray FK is awsome, Corally RDX looks good, Schumacher MI2 looks sweet, HPI Pro 4, AE TC4 are all good and competitive.

The parts support thing in my mind is very important because you don't win races with a broken car.
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOUSTON,TEXAS
Posts: 589
Default

I AM GOING TO BUY AN REGULAR 415 NEXT WEEK.....THAT MS VERSION IS A LITTLE TO RICH FOR MY BLOOD....CHOCO
SERPENTFREAK69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

The first thing you should have told us is what kind of racing are you going to be doing? Carpet, ashpalt, rubber, foam, stock, modified...give us some help. Believe it or not, but some cars are better than others in certain situations. For instance: DO NOT buy the MS if you plan on running foam tires on carpet.
Give us some help so we can help you!
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 02:31 PM   #7
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOUSTON,TEXAS
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by koabich
The first thing you should have told us is what kind of racing are you going to be doing? Carpet, ashpalt, rubber, foam, stock, modified...give us some help. Believe it or not, but some cars are better than others in certain situations. For instance: DO NOT buy the MS if you plan on running foam tires on carpet.
Give us some help so we can help you!
sorry,i plan to run it on ashpalt....parking lot running....can i run foams this way?
SERPENTFREAK69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 06:41 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Athens, Greece.
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by koabich
The first thing you should have told us is what kind of racing are you going to be doing? Carpet, ashpalt, rubber, foam, stock, modified...give us some help. Believe it or not, but some cars are better than others in certain situations. For instance: DO NOT buy the MS if you plan on running foam tires on carpet.
Give us some help so we can help you!
Ashpalt modified only limit is 12T motor.
Nothing more.
415 is very nice but so expensive!
Capone_GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:00 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
teammediocre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Tulsa,OK
Posts: 272
Default

the money is worth it.i have been running tamiya cars for about four years now.in those four years i have never broke a arm only balls studs and c hubs and very few at that very durable cars.
teammediocre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
koabich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 1,359
Send a message via Yahoo to koabich
Default

For ashpalt racing, you can run foams but they are not race legal unless your club has some special class. For this type of racing, the MS should be just about the best choice since it is the reigning World Champ!
But there are many other great cars. The Schumacher would be an excellet choice as well as the HPI, Corally RDX and the Yokomo plate chassis cars (not their CGM tub). Those would be my choices for asphalt. These are all great cars that are not too stiff for ashpalt and were more than likely designed with ashpalt racing in mind. The nice thing with the MS is that there is nothing you will need to be competitive except spares. With some of the cars I mentioned you will need to buy a front one-way and maybe some other stuff for more tuning options.
I do have a feeling that the TC4 will be a great ashpalt car once they figure out the set-up.
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 07:32 AM   #11
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: HOUSTON,TEXAS
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by koabich
For ashpalt racing, you can run foams but they are not race legal unless your club has some special class. For this type of racing, the MS should be just about the best choice since it is the reigning World Champ!
But there are many other great cars. The Schumacher would be an excellet choice as well as the HPI, Corally RDX and the Yokomo plate chassis cars (not their CGM tub). Those would be my choices for asphalt. These are all great cars that are not too stiff for ashpalt and were more than likely designed with ashpalt racing in mind. The nice thing with the MS is that there is nothing you will need to be competitive except spares. With some of the cars I mentioned you will need to buy a front one-way and maybe some other stuff for more tuning options.
I do have a feeling that the TC4 will be a great ashpalt car once they figure out the set-up.
THANKS A BUNCH....CHOCO
SERPENTFREAK69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SAN DIEGO
Posts: 1,126
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

The MS is a great asphault kit out of the box, and for what you get it is NOT expensive. In fact it's a downright bargain. If you bought any other car and put that much aluminium and hop-ups on it, it would cost you well over what the MS sells for.
patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
415ms snap_u2000 Australia Wanted to Buy 1 03-30-2006 03:55 AM
WTB 415MS A Ilievski Australia Wanted to Buy 1 03-06-2006 12:36 AM
415ms vs evo 4 puddleofmud Electric On-Road 17 03-14-2005 04:36 PM
415ms JasonC R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 03-11-2005 11:48 AM
Trf 415ms RC Synergy R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-23-2004 08:46 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net