R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 02:20 PM   #106
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to T-Money86mcss

I feel you farmboy, I would also be pissed in the same situation, and i dont feel that you being a drifter has anything to do with the situation at all. It is up to the faster drivers who are passing to make clean passes and keep contact to a minimum in practice. After all, you can slow down for a split second to setup a clean pass if you are a decent driver.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:22 PM   #107
Tech Apprentice

Ugh all of you are completely missing the point. Some of you have posted just to insult me and my chosen sport. Some of you have called me names for posting up my side of the story only because I read the other post where people were ASKING for my side of the damn story. Some of you have told me to grow up....wow. And very few of you have actually stated valid opinions about this matter. I thank you for your thoughts and actually reading the post.

I swear you all think I'm 15.... Well it just so happens I'm not and as a matter of fact yes I was born by 1980.

It looks as if most of you are just posting without even reading what I have written.

I'm not whining. I'm not crying about it. I'm just stating what happened. This is so ridiculous and I felt I've been quite adult about this matter. Did I make a post calling Chris names or anything? No I DID NOT. Have I called any of you names? No I HAVE NOT. Your insults make me laugh so hard. You know NOTHING about me and you certainly weren't there.

Just because I didn't take care of this matter the day it happened doesn't mean anything. I simply walked away because I have a really bad temper and didn't want to cause anything bad to happen. In retrospect I should've talked to him after it happened but oh yeah I was too busy having fun racing the E-maxx.

Like I said before, It's not just about the fact that my car was broken. It's the fact that he didn't make any attempt to make ammends or apologize. The other grip drivers @ Socal are very nice to us. We both apologize and keep out of each others way.

Brian, I really do appreciate your offer and coming over and talking to me about the matter. I'm afraid I may not have expressed my appreciation that day to you. Unfortunately I have to disagree with you on a couple issues though. First of all. The ABS material we use for drifting actually polishes over and doesn't wear @ SoCal. I've run the same set of tires for the last 6 months and there's really no sign of wearing. My theory is that since we take different lines than you guys, we actually sweep the dust from outside your lines into the lanes. We shall test this with the drift rings of course but I'm fairly certain there will be no change in how it effects the track. I think it may have been a gross exaggeration that 30+ people left because of us. I've never even seen 30+ people there on a Friday Practice session for the on-road track. I also think that while Chris's first couple of hits may not have been intentional at all. There was no apology following the hits and it didn't stop and just got worse.

And to all you who hate us "drifters" get used to it cause we're here to stay. It's not some one month craze. And we WILL come to your local racetrack. We won't be bullied by anyone at any track. Everyone that has told me to grow up in this thread really needs to rethink alot of things. After all you're posting to someone who you don't even know.... We spend just as much money and time on our cars as anyone else does.

EddieO, please tell me your company's name so I can quit buying your products immediately. If you're going to possess that horrid attitude, I have no problem not buying your products.

As for people wanting to kick me in the nuts....come on down to Socal.......I'm there every friday You people amuse me.

Big Rigg: WHAT DOES THE TIME I POSTED HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING!?!?!?! THAT'S ABSURD!!!!!!!! Cause appearently you have to do crack to stay up late...

I'm sure I've missed something but that's all for now.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:22 PM   #108
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I dare you guys to stop replying so this thread can just fall down
Old 02-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #109
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Quote:
Originally posted by pigeonfarmboy
And we WILL come to your local racetrack.
I'm scared
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Old 02-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #110
Tech Apprentice

RCBuddha, thank you for your thoughts. What I meant by "We were there first" is that the track was clear at that moment so he came on after we had already started. Everytime before this incident we've just switched off and have never really had any trouble.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:29 PM   #111
Tech Apprentice

Oooh Mr. McGreevy please tell me where your local track is. I'd love to stop by. And why yes you certainly can have fun drifting with me if you want. I'll be visiting back home (IL) at the end of may.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:30 PM   #112
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How long do you spend drifiting around though, i bet its a lot longer than what he spends on the track testing setups.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:31 PM   #113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Asparagus!!!

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
Old 02-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #114
Tech Apprentice

Yes it's true our batteries last alot longer because we use brushless systems. At any time if they need to run really quick, we have no problem pulling off to the side. All they gotta do is respectfully ask us to. Is that so much to ask? It's not like we're gonna say no to them.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:32 PM   #115
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
I dare you guys to stop replying so this thread can just fall down
"I'm not dead yet! I feel happy!"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
Old 02-02-2005, 02:33 PM   #116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Dude, for real, stop posting. You've gone about this way wrong. Just leave it be. If you got a problem you should have talked to Chris face to face.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:35 PM   #117
Tech Apprentice

Oh I will don't worry. I just felt that with tempers flared that day was not the right time to do so.

And by the way in case you haven't read it. I posted this because the other thread had many posts asking for the "drifter's" (being myself) story. Please inform yourself before posting people.

Last edited by pigeonfarmboy; 02-02-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:41 PM   #118
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

QUOTE][i]OUgh all of you are completely missing the point. Some of you have posted just to insult me and my chosen sport

Sport ?
You mean the same way X-box is a sport ?
Old 02-02-2005, 02:49 PM   #119
Tech Apprentice

"Sport ?
You mean the same way X-box is a sport ?"

See this is what I'm talking about....Why are you posting this?? What is it's purpose?? If you're trying to piss me off, you should just quit. I'm just laughing more and more everytime someone says something like this.

R/C Drifting is just as much a sport as R/C Racing of any kind. We have organized events just like you guys. How is it any different?

And just to clarify, I named this Thread "Tosolini vs. Me" so that people would notice it right away. It's nothing more than that.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:55 PM   #120
Tech Addict

I don't have time to read through this whole thing...I agree that professionals should be more courteous in any sport or profession. On the other hand, a professional is no longer out there to have a laugh, he is at the track for a very serious reason…the accident ruined his practice, so it is possible that he is upset…the same a athlete is upset when they cannot practice.

Like I said, I have no time to read through this whole thing…it just sounds like the real problem is the management of the track…they should have time slots every 10 mins…bashers/drifters have 10 and the next 10 is for racers…Maybe that would work?
Closed Thread