R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #91
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I just dont see why drift cars need SoCal's high traction surface if the whole objective is not to have traction? Every time I have been on the track with them it's like a moving corner dot, you dont know where it's gonna be the next lap, and neither does the driver of it since they spin out so easilly.

Why cant these be run on parking lot tracks? SoCal is a racetrack, not a playground.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:51 PM   #92
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Randy - It gets too cold in southern california to be outside in the winter...that's why!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #93
Tech Addict

[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...

Last edited by Big Rigg; 02-02-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #94
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by John Fontaine
Randy - It gets too cold in southern california to be outside in the winter...that's why!
Oh, I overlooked that John, 70 degrees is much too cold to be outside.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:03 PM   #95
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Rigg
Considering the time that you started this post it looks like you need to lay off the crack pipe. I can't believe you would start a hater thread for getting lit up at the end of the straight away and then admitting you gave a sarcastic comment. What did you expect would happen!?! If it had been me I would have kicked you in the nuts you little bitch!!! Grow up and go play with your TOY somewhere else! The track is for competitive racing not for some idiot who doesn't undersatnd what competition is. (BTW - Competition is what alot of us find FUN!)

I'm totaly not an angry type of guy, but this kind of crap really pisses me off!
Definately not a productive post...and these cars are all toys. As for what "alot" find being fun, this is still America and luckilly people can have fun how they like.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:12 PM   #96
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

GO Eddie0!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #97
Tech Addict

I wasn't trying to be productive, rather simply to vent my frustration at this lunacy. Luckily America still allows me to do that!

PS - I'm out!
[url=http://www.cfxpaintworks.com/][color=DarkOrange]- CFX Paintworks -[/color][/url]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]- Team Ertrachter Factor - [/COLOR]
If my last name were Oxlong, I would name my kid Mike... yup Mike Oxlong
-Heywood Jablome

I don't want to pay for my sig, so yawl figure it out...
Old 02-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #98
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Rigg
...If it had been me I would have kicked you in the nuts you little bitch!!! ...
How does a man kicking another man in the nuts make you more of a man than the one your calling a b...h?

E
Old 02-02-2005, 01:29 PM   #99
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

looks like TOSO should move back to CT he didnt get in any trouble up here haaha but lets let this one die the person who started this has not even posted in the last three pages so he started this to get everyone fired up and it worked so lets drop it .
Old 02-02-2005, 01:32 PM   #100
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

This should not be getting more attention than the big Snowbirds race coming up!!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Smash
I decided long ago that I wouldn't pass judgment in this situatuion since I was not there. I also had no problem with drifter and racers both paying for track time and each deserving their own chance to run on the track during open practice. That was until Brian came on here and explained how the drifters tires leave a residue on the track, ruining it for the racers. I think for this that Socal should not allow drift tires that "alter" the racing surface.
LET THIS DIE!! Toso isn't going to post on this, more than likely because he's OVER it. It's water under the bridge at this point. Any and all on track issues should be dealt with at the point at which the infraction occurs. I've raced with Chris a number of times, and yes he has a lot to say, and doesn't usually censor it. But I have NEVER seen him intentionally blast another car. I feel that there's fault on both sides here, and the best course of action is for ALL of us to shut up, and let PFB and Toso sort it out.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
Old 02-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #102
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ovalnator

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
Oh, I overlooked that John, 70 degrees is much too cold to be outside.
you guys make me sick...its like 7 degrees here, haha
Old 02-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ovalnator
you guys make me sick...its like 7 degrees here, haha
I need to go to wal mart and buy some new shorts

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)

Last edited by howard hudson; 02-02-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:07 PM   #104
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Tosolini vs. Me

Quote:
Originally posted by PeterCr
One small line for this post -> what a childish way to try to settle this!

Grow up, it's a tough world out there...
thats right peter

the moderators have to delete this crap topic

ps. er is wel steeds meer evenement op dit forum, ik vermaak me wel
Old 02-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #105
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Re: Tosolini vs. Me

I've added my comments in Red....
Quote:
Originally posted by pigeonfarmboy
Hi I'm the drifter that Chris owes $20 to. Here's a lovely little breakdown.

1. Us "drifters" (as some of the ignorants here have so nicely chosen to word it) have every right to be at Socal Raceway on the Friday PRACTICE Sessions ON THE TRACK AND NOT IN THE PARKING LOT!

Your right, as long as you pay your 7 bucks, and get a frequency clip, you have every right to be there

2. Us "drifters" were on the track before the "Professionals" were on.

Wrong, just b/c your there first, gives you no "first dibs" to the track

3. Unlike the "professionals", us "drifters" always wait until the track is clear and take our turns.

Its nice that your courteous, since you seem to understand that SoCal is a grip track first and foremost. But, there have been times when i've seen drifters keep going, when they should move aside and let grip racers by

4. Us "drifters" are very nice people who always have been kind to others at Socal. (some of us have been going there for a year now)

no comment

5. Because of this incident "drifters" have been banned from using the ABS tire medium which is preferred by myself as well as others.

Well, if its screwing up business for SoCal's grip racers, you should honor the track owner's wishes and change to something else. You should RESPECT SoCal, and enjoy the fact that they are there...

6. I am in full belief that Chris intentionally hit me. It was not a one
time occurence. He had hit me hard at least 4 other times let alone hitting my fellow "drifters" many times before breaking my rear A-Arms, both rear camber turnbuckle ball cups, and bent both rear hinge pins.

I sincerely doubt he hit you on purpose, the speeds at which "pros" go is lightning quick given the size of the track. WHY would he risk his own car to damage yours?

9. I've never had a problem with Brian @ Socal. He has always been very nice to us and shares the track all the time. He even offered to pay for yokomo drift rings for us after the ABS ban.

What a nice gesture, you should take him up on it.

12. All I know is that he did not apologize once for hitting any of us "drifters" at any time nor did he personally offer to pay for my parts nor apologize for acting like he did.

Given that it was "open" practice, why should he pay for your parts, especially when i think he probably didn't hit you on purpose? I've never asked someone else to buy me parts if i break in open practice!

13. Something else I know is that I'm going to get the $20 I had to spend to fix my car. Wheather he gives it to me, or his sponsors. One way or another I will get it. It's not about the money at all. It's the prinicple. I don't allow people to treat me like this.

I sincerely hope your not seriously threatning the guy. Not a smart move....

14. I will be having a word with Chris personally next time I see him @ Socal. I will also be visiting or writing a letter to Chris's sponsors letting them know how their "professional" is representing their good name in public. I just hope they listen to me and don't defend him because of "who he is". I read he's been fired from a team before so I assume it's not too far from the truth.

Just take it up with him personally, I see no reason to contact his sponsers...

16. Before another person downplays the Hobby of R/C Drifting all I will say is that your just jealous. You know it looks fun as hell. You know it's something new and refreshing. So why do you have to hate us for having fun another way than you do? It's just ignorant. Well if you still have fun anymore with it. I don't ever get the feeling that any grip drivers have fun with it anymore. Please take us seriously. Some of us are on the verge of becoming sponsered and that is just really cool.

I don't think any one "hates" or is "jealous". If you were "serious" then you'd probably would have settled the matter privately.

Thanks again,
Nathan Thompson
I hate to beat a dead horse, but I felt the need to respond. I wasn't there, (nor have I been to SoCal in a while), but still, I see no reason to take this to the public forum....I Think its time for the thread to be:

Closed Thread