R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 10:48 AM   #76
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to WVRACER

yes we break in this hobby
yes pros hit the track as part of there job.
yes practice nights on tracks all over the country are a hobbyshops wet dream.

Tos is a Company Rep and as a rep is responsiable to act in a mannor to permote his product and company otherwise be a bigger man. heat of the race or no heat of the race he is expected to be polite to the consumer. In every form of sponsored racing if you as a driver get out of line and your company finds out you will be punished in some form. should this have been done on a more private matter YES but if i remember right on the last thread everyone was complaining about is it real or not why has the drifter guys not told this himself well here you go he did and you all cut his head off for it.

i don't know the age of this person but if he is young 12, 13 14 the heck yea 20-30 bucks is alot of money in most of the country.

from what i have seen of Tos he seems like a nice guy good racer does he have a attitude yea but so do most racers attitude can be fun in the trash talking game

from my personal experence pros are different people on practice day than race day when the sponsors are around

keep in mind alot of people asked the person to post his side and he did to
Old 02-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium

Quote:
Originally posted by DIRT
Wow,I can't not say anything..TOSO is my friend...
we will start at the beginning...It's a normal day of socal practice
Meaning,if i get one clean lap in a five minute run i'm doing good.
The drifters are out there once every hour or so,so it's cool.
They respect us,we respect them.They are having fun"that's what it's all about"..It may have seemed intentional when CT hit the guy
but i assure you it was not..It was mid straightaway full speed
I can't even see my car on the straight at socal it's going so fast
let alone see what im about to hit...LOL...anyway.I dont know what was said on the drivers stand,but it must not have been that bad because nothing happened"that day"..
I don't think that anyone has a problem with drifters,It's the tires they run..I went over and talked to them a few days later,they were cool.I explained to them that there tires were leaving residue
on the track,and on the day in question about 10 guys "everyday locals" packed up and left,because the track was crap..
It's all about fun,,If 3 guys have fun but make 30 go home?????
Hmm.. They seemed cool about it,I told them i would buy them tires if they needed..It was all good till this..When i say it makes the track loose.."it's bad" Ask Baker
He won't even come down there....LOL

In closing, im sure we can come up with a way to make everone happy,,The drifters have fun and that's what it's all about..

1- All it takes is a tire change.
2-You cant run snow tires on the offroad track...why??
3-You would think at a track like socal,they would have practice sessions, would'nt be that hard.Sure make things alot easier..

Can't we all just get along............L8.....fortheloveofthegame
Well said BK....

i know at the track we used to run at, they dont allow the drfters, cause of the plastic dust off the tires... makes the reg (grippies, as they say) difficult to drive, especially with mods.
i like drifting myself, but usually do it outside, on the parking lots, driveways, etc....

and i agree, if it was a regular local guy, this would be discuussed on the same day, in person, or with track management... not in front of an audience, trying to make him look bad.

Team Novak
Old 02-02-2005, 11:21 AM   #78
Company Representative

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Blurb from the Fantom site about sponsorship...

A little outdated, but.....

http://www.fantomracing.com/spons.htm

"Who has the best chance? The bottom line is results, both on and off the track. If you’re finishing in the top 20 at National events, in modified classes, you have a good shot, but obviously the top 10 is better, however, this is not the only thing we look for. We also look for drivers that present themselves in a professional manner, both on and off the track. Are you willing to help others? Do your cars represent your sponsors well? Are you willing to travel to major events? Do you show good sportsmanship?

Finally, do you influence sales in your area? The reason any company sponsors, in our case a person, is to get customers to buy their products, through representation of their products by sponsored individuals. Basically, it’s a form of advertising, and advertising is meant to sell products. Unfortunately, this concept is often misunderstood or ignored in the R/C world, by people looking for an easy discount on parts. Many R/C companies sponsor just about any person that calls, but basically it’s just another direct sale for the company, and another loss for a dealer. If you are one of those people looking for an easy ride or discounted parts, you looking at the wrong company here.

A sponsorship from Fantom is one that is earned, and should not be taken lightly. If you feel that you meet our requirements, please put together a resume, and we’ll be glad to consider you for the team. If you still need an example of what we expect from our team drivers, the next time you are at a big race, check out Chris Tosolini or Brian Dunbar. These guys define the meaning of being Professional."
Old 02-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #79
Tech Elite

DIRT !!!!!! You rookie it says so right under you name !!!!!!!

sorry bk could not resist that one see ya soon

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
Old 02-02-2005, 11:30 AM   #80
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

There are some great posts on here with a positive view on how to handle this. Dirt gave some insite into the situation as well. I hope that it will all die down a 2nd time and people can get back to enjoying their hobby.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:33 AM   #81
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

This is a joke right?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
Old 02-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #82
Tech Regular

Default first kobe now toso

Tres- driving(results) is what matters most. The eagles wont kick T.O. off the team cause he talks some smack or makes a questionable comment.
The drifter guy should have walked over to chris and handled it that day and he didnt. Now a bunch of crap on the internet is being said. lame, lame,lame.
Old 02-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

As one of Chris's sponsors, it will be a cold day in hell before I pay you $20 for the damage to your car....

You have handled this like a seventh grader would....instead of just talking to Chris, you have chose to use the internet to extort money out of Chris and/or his sponsors......

Chris isn't perfect.....he has a flaw, which is being human....we all have our good days and bad days.....

And if it boils down to people not wanting to buy my products because Chris races for me or for the stance I have taken on this......then so be it, I wouldn't want a customer who supports extortion, cause thats exactly what this is.....

Later EddieO
Old 02-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #84
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

"BRAVO" Eddie!!!!!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:55 AM   #85
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

TJ Bradley: I agree!

I just reposted what was on the Fantom site...
Old 02-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #86
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by bigragu
i raced at the sametrack with chris and call him what u want i broke my car this day. i was done racing didnt have the parts and the lhs didnt have what i needed. chris seen my situation and not only built a car right there at the track for me set it up and gave me a body for it so i could continue racing that day. so before you start bashing his attude or personalty its all the way you treat people. so instead of going home i was able to race because of supposed pro with a bad attiude!!!!!!!!!!.
yeah right
Old 02-02-2005, 12:02 PM   #87
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't think that anyone has a problem with drifters,It's the tires they run..I went over and talked to them a few days later,they were cool.I explained to them that there tires were leaving residue
on the track,and on the day in question about 10 guys "everyday locals" packed up and left,because the track was crap..
It's all about fun,,If 3 guys have fun but make 30 go home?????
Hmm.. They seemed cool about it,I told them i would buy them tires if they needed..It was all good till this..When i say it makes the track loose.."it's bad" Ask Baker
He won't even come down there....LOL

If what BK is saying here is true, Let's "toss" (punn intended) the drifters. Why ruin a world class RACE track in favor of the flavor of the month...
Old 02-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #88
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
As one of Chris's sponsors, it will be a cold day in hell before I pay you $20 for the damage to your car....

You have handled this like a seventh grader would....instead of just talking to Chris, you have chose to use the internet to extort money out of Chris and/or his sponsors......

Chris isn't perfect.....he has a flaw, which is being human....we all have our good days and bad days.....

And if it boils down to people not wanting to buy my products because Chris races for me or for the stance I have taken on this......then so be it, I wouldn't want a customer who supports extortion, cause thats exactly what this is.....

Later EddieO
Eddieo Just made me a customer!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:08 PM   #89
Tech Adept

In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom.

One day the great philosopher came upon an acquaintance who ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about one of your students?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied. "Before you tell me I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."

"Triple filter?" asked the acquaintance.

"That's right," Socrates continued. "Before you talk to me about my student let's take a moment to filter what you're going to say. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man said, "actually I just heard about it."

"All right," said Socrates. "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about my student something good?"

"No, on the contrary ...".

"So," Socrates continued, "you want to tell me something bad about him, even though you're not certain it's true?".

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed. Socrates continued." You may still pass the test though, because there is a third filter - the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about my student going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really..."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "if what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even Useful, why tell it to me at all?"

The man was defeated and ashamed. This is the reason Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem. It also explains why he never found out that Plato was shagging his wife.

hugh janus
Old 02-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #90
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I decided long ago that I wouldn't pass judgment in this situatuion since I was not there. I also had no problem with drifter and racers both paying for track time and each deserving their own chance to run on the track during open practice. That was until Brian came on here and explained how the drifters tires leave a residue on the track, ruining it for the racers. I think for this that Socal should not allow drift tires that "alter" the racing surface.