R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 07:32 AM   #31
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

This is silly.... It's like Hi... I used to find it fun to put tape or other ways of decreasing grip on my tires when I was a kid... I stopped doing that about 1980, were you born yet?????

I have no problems with the drifters but let's consider why a track is called a Race Track??? Give up??? It's for Racing..... Go find a LHS to support you and make a Drift Track.... Good luck in your quest....
Old 02-02-2005, 07:34 AM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not to pick a side on this thread...I don't know what happened..and I don'tneed to know....but those who are saying that when the Pro hit the track the drifter should have cleared out...or that if he was getting beat on that he should have packed up...

If he was on the track prior, why shouldhe have to vacate?

i agree that it should have been adressed at that time..not on the forum ,not in a future meeting...but to run away or get off the track because someone else is coming on? That's lame...

People keep saying that the 'slippy' should have pulled off until the 'grippy' finished their pack....if the 'slippy' was on the track first, why couldn't the 'grippy' wait?

I'm not a drifting fan...I don't get it...but i don't have to...it doesn't mean that those drifting are qrong...it's jsut a different application of the cars.

None of us were there, so we can't verify the chain of events. Depending on where the truth lies as to what happened, someone has some growing up to do....the only question is...who? (I'm going to go out on a limb and gues that both were probably a little bit in the wrong)
Old 02-02-2005, 07:35 AM   #33
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt

"4. Us "drifters" are very nice people who always have been kind to others at Socal. (some of us have been going there for a year now)"

If you are "NICE PEOPLE" you should understand that at times cars will collide. Nice people would say, oops and move on.
Snowy.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:37 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Essnowyt
"4. Us "drifters" are very nice people who always have been kind to others at Socal. (some of us have been going there for a year now)"

If you are "NICE PEOPLE" you should understand that at times cars will collide. Nice people would say, oops and move on.
Snowy.
You havent read enough to comment on this. The point is the sponsored driver put on airs and acted like he had more right to be on the track than the alleged victim here.

This isnt just a normal accident case.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:38 AM   #35
Tech Regular

I just wonder if XRC hadn't printed that interview would we still have seen these 2 posts?
Old 02-02-2005, 07:39 AM   #36
Tech Regular

if this was a local guy on the track not chris we would not even be discussing this a smart comment got him no apolgy. thats it.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:39 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to lucyinthesky
Ha ha ha... grow up you whiner!

Stuff gets broken in this hobby, and if you don't know that by now... well, maybe you need to find another hobby.

If everyone I ever hit during racing or practice whined, complained, and asked me to pay for their parts... I'd be broke!

The fact of the matter is this - slow guys and fast guys sometimes get in each other's way. People hit each other... maybe on purpose, maybe not. Who really cares?

In with anger, out with love... move on with your life... or get one!

Old 02-02-2005, 07:40 AM   #38
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Drifting.. I'm shocked So. Cal lets you guys run in open practice,Maybe you guys should ask for a day..if you can get enough of drifters..Gripers..Thats some funny stuff..
Old 02-02-2005, 07:41 AM   #39
Tech Fanatic

I agree with Entropy and Lotus.

Since when is posting under your own name on a forum being a pussy? I thought hiding behind a pseudonym on a forum was being a pussy? The definition must have changed.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:41 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Entropy
I think everyone is missing the point here.

I believe its to do with the sponsored driver's attitude.

Why does everyone go about ranting about crashing, drift vs grip and right to use the track?

The main point is an accident happened regardless of the cause. However, the way the sponsored driver handled it is cause for concern.

Some of you guys "acting tough" in this thread are the reason why this hobby cant attract as many new people.

Take a step back and re-read what you just typed. You'll be surprised how much of an ass you appear to be to strangers reading in.

Couldn't agree more with you Entropy!! Guys try to see the big picture here...these attitudes ARE NO GOOD for this hobby!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:42 AM   #41
Tech Regular

im going to put it like this if chris really wanted to wreck your car he could have really done damage a driver of his caliber can really break u if he wanted too. i doubt he broke your car intentionally.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:44 AM   #42
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Entropy
You havent read enough to comment on this. The point is the sponsored driver put on airs and acted like he had more right to be on the track than the alleged victim here.

This isnt just a normal accident case.
Entropy people here have an attitude when speaking here. I can almost bet the chiecken farm that he said in a nasty tone, based on his post. That when he said "oh thanks great that was awsome!" I am sure chiecken farmer was being an ass!
Old 02-02-2005, 07:45 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Its a bigger matter because a sponsored driver is involved. Sponsored drivers are supposed to act respectably.

Maybe reading this will remind some of you what it takes to be a true sponsored driver.

http://www.teamorion.com/faq/sponsor.asp

As it is, I see so many "sponsored" drivers in RCTech alone. Though I only see some acting the way they should.

Dont forget your roots.

You automatically give up your freedom to act the way you feel like without scrutiny the moment you become sponsored. Remember, where your pay for your play comes from, ultimately, the consumer.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:49 AM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
Entropy people here have an attitude when speaking here. I can almost bet the chiecken farm that he said in a nasty tone, based on his post. That when he said "oh thanks great that was awsome!" I am sure chiecken farmer was being an ass!
This is where a respectable sponsored driver will turn the tables and show what he's made of.

Either walk away from the confrontation, or resolve the matter in a gentlemanly way.

That "chicken farmer" was antagonistic is no excuse to act back in the same way, especially when you have the responsibility of being a sponsored driver (a role model of sorts, within the hobby).

No one gives a shit if this was over a pool game in a bar, but this happened at the track, and thats where the sponsored driver has to excercise his responsibility.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:54 AM   #45
Tech Regular

i raced at the sametrack with chris and call him what u want i broke my car this day. i was done racing didnt have the parts and the lhs didnt have what i needed. chris seen my situation and not only built a car right there at the track for me set it up and gave me a body for it so i could continue racing that day. so before you start bashing his attude or personalty its all the way you treat people. so instead of going home i was able to race because of supposed pro with a bad attiude!!!!!!!!!!.
Closed Thread