Spec/Handout Speedo thoughts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spec/Handout Speedo thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

i would love to go to a big race that has a spec motor/speedo combination. everyone has the same stuff, the same problems to overcome, no one has a real advantage...take what you get and race it!
but mostly, have fun, and dont get caught up with the "that guy has new software that we dont have and cant get"!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
If total lockdown occurs, i.e. motor/esc
Will more career stock drivers move up to a middle class, and possibly participate in mod occasionaly ?

That would be a win win
ouch...
Old 04-18-2012, 05:16 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I would not be against 150.00-160.00 for the first class with a good 2nd class discount. Thats what IIC is now. If there is no big 2nd class discount then 100-120.00. If it averages out to around 100.00 per class I think it would be a big success. I dont think that for what ROAR offers to racers that they would be able to get more than 100-120.00 for it. But for what you get in your entry at IIC people dont mind paying it with all the extras that come with it.

EA
yeah - getting a motor + speedo would be way better value for your USD.

i cannot believe the ETS race is so cheap.

EA - when are you going to start a thread about qual points racing in the USA? that is what i'm waiting for! im tried of getting 'rocket rounded' out..
Old 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
EA - when are you going to start a thread about qual points racing in the USA? that is what i'm waiting for! im tried of getting 'rocket rounded' out..
Amen! Reward consistency. How many times do you see guys blast round 1 and never go any faster.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

yeah - getting a motor + speedo would be way better value for your USD.

i cannot believe the ETS race is so cheap.

ETS is not all that cheap really. Entry is 55 Euro, Speedo if you dont have one is 49 Euro and motor is 50 Euro. Tires are included in the Entry for one set (limit for quals) Add it all up if you have nothing and your close to my 150 Estimate. If you already have the speedo then your well below it.

Note: Speedo rental is 15 Euro and motor rental is 10 Euro if you are only running one series race or dont want to buy it.

I would be OK with Qual points here based on 5 qualifiers like they have. But 4 and 2 counting I am not sure about. So much stuff happens that is not your fault when racing....especially in the US!!

EA
Old 04-18-2012, 05:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by MDawson
How many times do you see guys blast round 1 and never go any faster.
Not often -- but it is usually one guy -- our friend, Larry Fairtrace - TQ IIC 13.5 1/12th.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Not often -- but it is usually one guy -- our friend, Larry Fairtrace - TQ IIC 13.5 1/12th.
At this rate we can address world hunger by Sunday! RCTech is stepping up its crowd-sourced programming!

Monday - Wednesday: Spec racing
Wednesday - Thursday: Qual Points
Thurs - Fri: TBD
Sat - Sun: TBD
Old 04-18-2012, 05:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I would be OK with Qual points here based on 5 qualifiers like they have. But 4 and 2 counting I am not sure about. So much stuff happens that is not your fault when racing....especially in the US!!

EA
if that is all it takes.. it should be that hard to find the time if we either
1) limit entries (fat chance - where in the USA, land of the almighty $$)
2) dump classes that aren't, well, popular
3) have 'special' events that just have a minimal set of classes, like ETS

i'd really love to have double or triple mains too.
i guess we can dream

Maybe I should be more direct than some others on this thread. I think some will appreciate it. Hey Scotty - bring an ETS-styled series to the USA. Let Charlie run it
Old 04-18-2012, 05:31 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Monday - Wednesday: Spec racing
Wednesday - Thursday: Qual Points
Thurs - Fri: Gas prices
Sat - Sun: Vegans (or anyone who doesn't love pork products, like Bacon!)

Last edited by hanulec; 04-18-2012 at 05:31 PM. Reason: B A C O N
Old 04-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe I should be more direct than some others on this thread. I think some will appreciate it. Hey Scotty - bring an ETS-styled series to the USA. Let Charlie run it
Have an ETS style mini series ( three races ) on the West coast , another mini series for the East coast and Central... then overall points winners ( and / or A main finalists ) from all three parts of the country settle the whole enchilada "old west style" in a Texas shootout. S c o t t y ! build it, and they will come !
Old 04-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Team EAM

if that is all it takes.. it should be that hard to find the time if we either
1) limit entries (fat chance - where in the USA, land of the almighty $$)
2) dump classes that aren't, well, popular
3) have 'special' events that just have a minimal set of classes, like ETS

i'd really love to have double or triple mains too.
i guess we can dream

Trust me...The Eyes are watching this thread. Ive spoke to several promoters about it and even ROAR is watching to see the feedback. I suspect that you'll see some changes soon to a few races!

EA
Old 04-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Have an ETS style mini series ( three races ) on the West coast , another mini series for the East coast and Central... then overall points winners ( and / or A main finalists ) from all three parts of the country settle the whole enchilada "old west style" in a Texas shootout. S c o t t y ! build it, and they will come !
Something similar is a thought. Just a matter of time and the other thing that hurts it in the US is that we already have 2 ROAR races a year, Snowbirds, IIC, Cleveland, Halloween race, Reedy, etc. So its hard to try and fit something else in there too.

EA
Old 04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Something similar is a thought. Just a matter of time and the other thing that hurts it in the US is that we already have 2 ROAR races a year, Snowbirds, IIC, Cleveland, Halloween race, Reedy, etc. So its hard to try and fit something else in there too.

EA
Yeah, It doesn't have to happen over night, in fact it probably wouldn't happen if someone tried to force it

I hear you about adding so many races, but is it far fetched to think these races (Snowbirds, Cleveland, etc ) could incorporate a spec handout esc/motor combo for ONE TC class, say 13.5 ?
For example Snowbirds would be part of the East Coast series. Timezone II for one of the west coast, and IIC, etc.
Then the centrally located Texas Touring Car shootout for the points winners ( and or A main drivers ) of those races.
Over time the spec motor/esc combo classes would either grow or fail on its merit. If it grew it would most likely bring in pan cars and grow within the races already in place. Just add in a centrally located Race for the shootout.

Last edited by Magnet Top; 04-18-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

OK - if we are dreaming, and speaking our minds ..then.. it is SUPER important that if a new event where to come along (or maybe the existing ones just mentioned) that you have GREAT announcing that can make even a boring race EXCITING. Think Chris Goetz circa 2010 Halloween Classic (maybe with a slightly less racy dialog ... depends upon the area of the country)
Old 04-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

honestly,
if a manufacturer didn't come along and GIVE ( 100% sponsor ) the hardware for the first year of a handout esc/motor for a High profile National race series, I'd be questioning their business sense. The trickle down from being "first to market" would be a substantial windfall at the club level for the company that is willing to make the initial investment.

( and I'd even race it if Daffy Duck was calling the races )

Last edited by Magnet Top; 04-18-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.