R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #61
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No racers show up because of all the divisions, and bickering, and people wanting things to be done like elsewhere, and not wanting to follow ROAR's lead or anybody's lead for that matter , even if they agree on these specout rules..... There is always a fringe trying to divide and conquer, and we all know where that mentality came from ! Follow Roar, accept its current rules, and when it's time to move on to another format, we won't have to boycott the current events, so we can move on.....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:15 PM   #62
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Not arguing the spec point at all here, just pointing out that Population density has a little to do with turnout as well.

And the ROAR carpet nats are rarely the best attended of the US races. I think Scotty had a pretty decent number of 17.5 sedans, they were just spread over 3 classes.
I agree that the spec point may not be the biggest draw for the ETS but it certainly doesnt hurt I can assure you.

Yes I know ROAR isnt but that guy was arguing from a ROAR point so I used it for the example.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #63
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
No racers show up because of all the divisions, and bickering, and people wanting things to be done like elsewhere, and not wanting to follow ROAR's lead or anybody's lead for that matter , even if they agree on these specout rules..... There is always a fringe trying to divide and conquer, and we all know where that mentality came from ! Follow Roar, accept its current rules, and when it's time to move on to another format, we won't have to boycott the current events, so we can move on.....
No one showed up at the ROAR nats because of Class division? There were two Sedan classes, two 12th scale classes, VTA and F1. Thats the fewest 12th and Sedan classes offered by ROAR in SEVERAL years.

Guess again

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Good thread. Can't hurt to try the idea and see if it is better.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Ok... I know this a bit off topic, but I personally feel this whole class structure has been beaten worse then night with Bobby Bown. I feel the key to helping on-road is in the race format. The reason for 5mins goes way back to the days that batteries could only last 4:45mins. We are wayyyyyyyy past this point. The concept of qualifies the same amount of time as a race.... really...

Howard - how was the format for VTA nationals that you just attended? I think it was 1 or 2 lap run for Qualifying... Round 2 was 6mins, Round 3 was 8mins, Mains.... A was 20mins, B was 10mins....

Ok.. back to topic... spec....

So why not have it all?
Stock - Spec Speedo, Spec Motor, Spec Body, Spec Tires (1 set)
Pro Stock - Spec Speedo, Spec Tires (2 sets)
Mod - Open.
?????
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #66
Team EAM

Also note that I am not trying to get anyone to do this in the US. Just putting it out there for open minded opinions without bashing.

I'll be at races to race whatever is offered....True racers wont care what they have to do to race as long as they can race and have fun!

There are a lot of other things that the ETS does that would never work in the US but over there NO ONE complains. It boils down to (In my opinion) to Americans are Lazy and want everyone their way now. Its completely different over there.

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Good thread. Can't hurt to try the idea and see if it is better.
Yep, can't be much worse then what we already got!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #68
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
This idea would definitely work... Mind you at first there would be growing pains but in the long run I can see the benefits. I've always admired the European way for onroad racing and wondered why we could never at least try to adopt a similar formula.

If we could just put aside what is best for the "racer" for a short time to fix the "racing", then in the long run it would all work out for both.
+ 1
smokefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #69
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
...It boils down to (In my opinion) to Americans are Lazy and want everyone their way now. Its completely different over there.

EA
I could not have said it any better than this!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #70
Suspended

United we stand ! Divided we fall ! If you want to succeed with your spec rules, don't boycott, participate in mass, and ket your voice be heard, but follow the current rules in a show of good faith, even if you feel it's time to move on... It might take others longer to move on, but it does not mean Roar will move on in your direction... That's what happens when everybody wants to lead, but never want to follow !!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
It boils down to (In my opinion) to Americans are Lazy and want everyone their way now.
We have Burger King....
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #72
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
United we stand ! Divided we fall ! If you want to succeed with your spec rules, don't boycott, participate in mass, and ket your voice be heard, but follow the current rules in a show of good faith, even if you feel it's time to move on... It might take others longer to move on, but it does not mean Roar will move on in your direction... That's what happens when everybody wants to lead, but never want to follow !!!!!
I was against Speedo speedo in BL too until I raced with it last week and seen what type of atmosphere it creates at the track and on the track. Its something that I am sure you wont ever understand regardless of what I say until you can witness it first hand.

Like I said....I am not trying to get everyone or anyone for that matter....Just throwing the idea out there. Maybe someone will try it and see how it works. It doesnt have to be ROAR. They can sit back and see if someone else does it how its received by the racers and base their decision on the numbers. There are still some good guys at ROAR that can make good decisions when they put their heads together.

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

My opinion what Roar is doing isn't working, so we may as well try something else.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.
smokefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #74
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I could not have said it any better than this!!!!!
I dont mean for that to offend anyone but after watching those guys over there they have stuff down to a routine everytime they are on the track, working on their cars, prepping their cars, etc. There are very few Americans that way.....the ones that are are the ones that win everything here. Over there everyone is that way!

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 06:39 PM   #75
Suspended

I've even seen people leave the hobby just because they could not be president of the club anymore ! That would mean they would have to follow orders now, and not give out orders : they rather quit....Wow...... What sportsmanship ! In the End every racer got to look at themselves in the mirror, and ask: is Racing more important than my ego ???? Maybe it's the case in Europe, but not in America ! Nobody wants to be limited here, just as long as they have the next best thing first......