R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Money shouldnt be an issue. 60.00 for a speedo that drives better than most others out there and is just as fast!

EA
I agree the money wouldn't be an issue for drivers but it would be the manfacturers who would feel "left out."
Old 04-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

EA is a changed man!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'll gladly thow down $60 not to hear any more talk about speedo type, software, approved ESC's, etc, at big races. It will make for a more enjoyable race IMO. I see this as a good thing for all spec classes, not just "entry level" or "amatuer" - anything without boost. I don't care what speedo it is .. if the Citrix is $60 and some other manufacturer can do it for that price, then so be it.

Thing is .. manufacturer's should like this idea, introduce someone to your speedo at a cheap price and manybe in the future they'll buy more of your product line. As for which speedo? This is just like choosing which handout motor or handout tire .. the best priced speedo for the customer gets the deal.
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
I just returned from the ETS race in Poland. In that series they use handout 13.5 motors and everyone must run a Speed Passion Citrix (60.00 speedo). The motors are bought there and you must return it at the end of the race and get it back at the next event (you get the same motor if you purchase it or you can rent a motor each race). The speedo you can buy anywhere (or rent one for the weekend very cheaply) as long as its the correct part number.

My question is this. With so many people complaining about speedos and such here why have we not adapted to a variation of this speedo rule here? All cars were very close in speed, no one complained about freaking software all week (Damn it was nice not having to listen to that crap all week) and the racing was very very close. Not to mention there were 96 entries in the Stock Class!

I for one am a Fan.....Sorry speedo companies but the US needs to get with the program and get some stuff set in stone.

No arguing, no flamming, no idiot comments. Just honest fair opinions on the subject.

If it turns in to a bi''ch fest or argument I'll have your comments deleted and thread closed by Marcos. If you cant contribute constructive opinions then read and leave please.

EA
I really like the idea....just asking how much was it to buy the motor for the event and how much to rent it? Same thing for ESC how much was it to Rent and to Own?

Also how much was your entry fee into this race just looking at it compaired to other races here in the US?

Novak did this when they first came out with Brushless systems you could rent them at the Novak AKA US Touring Car Champs.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
Tech Lord

It's hard for me to get excited about a rule that could force me to run something like Tekin with its Tinker Toy throttle response. I know it's probably for the greater good of racing, but I'm selfish that way.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
All motors and rotors are checked before they are handed out to ensure they are close. Never heard anyone complain about motors all week. The only grumble I heard was that they have a 4.50 max/min gear ratio and some guys were saying people were running a 4.49.

EA
How did they tech this quickly?? A go - nogo gauge for 48P and 64P?
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
I agree the money wouldn't be an issue for drivers but it would be the manfacturers who would feel "left out."
Honestly IMO.....SO....Its for the better of racing. If they want to compete make a good speedo that will work and make it cheap. Others can do it and it works great.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
I really like the idea....just asking how much was it to buy the motor for the event and how much to rent it? Same thing for ESC how much was it to Rent and to Own?

Also how much was your entry fee into this race just looking at it compaired to other races here in the US?

Novak did this when they first came out with Brushless systems you could rent them at the Novak AKA US Touring Car Champs.
To buy the motor (and its yours for the entire series to use if you return it at the end of the race and your only allowed one unless you blow it up) it was 50.00 Euro (about 65.00) If you were not coming back to another event you could take it with you if you bought it. To rent it I think it was 10 Euro. Speedo was same to buy or rent. Speedo you did not have to return if you bought it.

Entry fee was 50 Euro and came with a set of tires I believe.

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #24
Team EAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
How did they tech this quickly?? A go - nogo gauge for 48P and 64P?
Calculator....LOL. It was a spot check thing...but really a 4.50 was way to much gear for the track. Most were around a 4.60.

EA
Old 04-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Honestly IMO.....SO....Its for the better of racing. If they want to compete make a good speedo that will work and make it cheap. Others can do it and it works great.

EA
I agree.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

EA
+1
ByteStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #27
Tech Champion

We tried it locally and it didn't work out.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey EA, Sounds Like a Great Idea. It Would be interesting to see how it would work here in the U.S. It wouldn't hurt to try to see how it pans out.

Quote:
I just returned from the ETS race in Poland. In that series they use handout 13.5 motors and everyone must run a Speed Passion Citrix (60.00 speedo). The motors are bought there and you must return it at the end of the race and get it back at the next event (you get the same motor if you purchase it or you can rent a motor each race). The speedo you can buy anywhere (or rent one for the weekend very cheaply) as long as its the correct part number.

My question is this. With so many people complaining about speedos and such here why have we not adapted to a variation of this speedo rule here? All cars were very close in speed, no one complained about freaking software all week (Damn it was nice not having to listen to that crap all week) and the racing was very very close. Not to mention there were 96 entries in the Stock Class!

I for one am a Fan.....Sorry speedo companies but the US needs to get with the program and get some stuff set in stone.

No arguing, no flamming, no idiot comments. Just honest fair opinions on the subject.

If it turns in to a bi''ch fest or argument I'll have your comments deleted and thread closed by Marcos. If you cant contribute constructive opinions then read and leave please.

EA

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
We tried it locally and it didn't work out.
Can you be more specific?
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
To buy the motor (and its yours for the entire series to use if you return it at the end of the race and your only allowed one unless you blow it up) it was 50.00 Euro (about 65.00) If you were not coming back to another event you could take it with you if you bought it. To rent it I think it was 10 Euro. Speedo was same to buy or rent. Speedo you did not have to return if you bought it.

Entry fee was 50 Euro and came with a set of tires I believe.

EA
I know this won't be received well but ,
as a racer paying for everything I have to race, I would tend to avoid these type of races, not that i go to a lot of them now, because i have spent my money to be able to race at my local track, (car, electrics etc....).
Then to attend a dream race like the Nats or so, it would be adding expenses to what already takes almost a year to save for( travel lodging, food, extras.)
i think we worry too much about what is in the car instead of teaching how to tune the car. I can give Eric my car and with the same set up that i can't T.Q. with he can. Skil land knowledge can not be regulated and these are the two most important things to be a great racer. We try too much to regulate everything and don't foster the idea of getting good and building the skills.
A $2,000 race car in the hands of a rookie will perform no better for then a $200. car, you must learn to steer before you can drive.
ok you can turn on the flame throwers now, I'm done

Last edited by hairy; 04-16-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: can't drive any better than I can spell
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote