R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default replacement for tc5r like t3r or tc6

I have an associated tc5r factory team. I am an intermediate skilled driver.
I am starting to wonder if i had a better car if i could become a little faster.
i dont want to spend a fortune to buy a car...that is why i have the tc5, i picked it up for a low price.
i race 17.5t motor, 2s lipo, jaco blue rubber tires on a high traction carpet track.

I know the xray cars are good. A lot of the local drivers use them. Is the xray t3r a good choicE? How much of a handling differance is it from the t3 2012?

i may be able to pick up a associated tc6, not 6.1. Would this be a better handling car than my tc5?

I also know that becoming a better driver would help, so please dont try this. I want a really good car and my driving skills will pick up.

Thanks, tim
rc_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Most improvements will come from practice and getting better as a driver. I run a Sakura Zero S sedan in my club's 17.5 blinky class and routinely beat drivers with TC6.1, Xray T3, Awesomatix A700, 416/417 and other high end chassis. Become a better driver and learn to tune the chassis you have. One of the new high-end cars might help shave a few tenths off your lap times but the cost to do so is very high.
SteveM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I found the TC6 a lot easier to drive and setup. It is just the better car for driving and maintenance. But your laptimes maybe will not become better, therefore you are more consistant right away.
It is the right choice if you want to spent the money and are willing to become better, because it will drive good even with a bad setup (of course it will be slow then, but the handling is still ok).

I made the step from TC5 to TC6 and I never regret it.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is a xray t3 2011 a better car than the tc5? What is the differance between it and the 2012?
is $325 a good price? That seems a little high. A guy at the track has one for sale.
rc_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc_speed View Post
Is a xray t3 2011 a better car than the tc5? What is the differance between it and the 2012?
is $325 a good price? That seems a little high. A guy at the track has one for sale.
I have both the tc5r and a T3 '11. I run my tc5 in our VTA class and the xray in 17.5 blinky sedan. The xray is definitely a better car. $325 is a great price, and you can do a few things to make it more like the 2012. I had the 17.5 carpet national champion set my car up and I still am not very fast because I am not a good driver yet. I practice as much as I can and I'm consitently improving. It's all about wheel time to get to where you want to be. The car is only about 25% of the puzzle. Learning to set it up for your track and driving is the rest.

XRAY T4'14/ORCA VXX/ORCA TX 5.0
XRAY XB8'14
Jerz616 is offline   Reply With Quote