Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 04:24 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
It looks alright.
Lamar.....quit hatin.

How you been man? Are you going to Camarillo on Saturday?
Old 02-17-2014, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

[QUOTEafterCraigM;yes3015267]Cut those body posts down!

Back to reedy motors Sean?[/QUOTE]

Whazzup Craig! I can't cut them down any further. They may appear to long because the shock towers are lower due to the lengths of the big bore shocks.

Ie REEDY motor......yes! For now

Are you coming to Reedy again this year?
Old 02-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
Are you coming to Reedy again this year?
No, I wish I could - last year was unreal!

We have an AOC round later in the year if you fancy a trip down under
Old 02-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
Lamar.....quit hatin.

How you been man? Are you going to Camarillo on Saturday?
Haha, I will be out of town Saturday, so I can't make this one. I will be at the March race though back at HPI. Do you know if you will make that one?
Old 02-18-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

anyone looking to sell or know where to get a deal on a r10
Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by missouri racer
anyone looking to sell or know where to get a deal on a r10
They don't come up for sale that often. That tells you something.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thats true, you don't see that many in he b/s/t thread. i on the other hand keep buying them and adding to the collection.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Mine's for sale but you would have to factor in that I am in the UK so you are looking at big money to get it shipped to the USA.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

Guys, have been adding more shims to the steering plate, should reduce the ackermann, but it actually increases ackermann. Am I doing something wrong or is it necessary to purchase "hop up" steering plates and/or bell cranks?

Still confused...

Last edited by Govert; 02-19-2014 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Govert
Guys, have been adding more shims to the steering plate, should reduce the ackermann, but it actually increases ackermann. Am I doing something wrong or is it necessary to purchase "hop up" steering plates and/or bell cranks?

Still confused...
The more shims you add, the more aggressive your steering will be. I personally use 2mm the most so maybe start there and adjust to suit. Bookmark this link for setups, its the best resource out there for setups http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/arc/...etsARCR10.html

HTH
Old 02-20-2014, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by terryh
The more shims you add, the more aggressive your steering will be. I personally use 2mm the most so maybe start there and adjust to suit. Bookmark this link for setups, its the best resource out there for setups http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/arc/...etsARCR10.html

HTH
I do appreciate your comment, but it seems to be difficult to explain how ackermann can be adjusted on this car (absolutely no personal attack or something negative). Ackermann is a quite important setting, so I play with it a lot. Especially on my home track, I don't need that much ackermann. Less is more seems to be true.
I find it odd nobody seems to be using ackermann as a setup option (or knows how to adjust it). With all do respect, but just saying "just use 2mm" (because everybody does it) isn't the way to figure out how ackermann can be adjusted on THIS car. Every other car I had I had no problems with it, but here it seems to be a puzzle at this moment.

And I never copy a setup. Every track is different, temperature, tire choice, type of asphalt, motor, gearing, weight distribution etc etc. These are all variable circumstances that make me want to find my own setup. Always works best for me.

Absolutely no flaming here, I do appreciate everyone's input. Just an interesting case in my opinion.

Last edited by Govert; 02-20-2014 at 03:39 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i have always been of the belief the if you add spacers to the attatchment points of the bellcrank it reduces the ackerman & increases ackerman if you remove spacers , all the while remembering that this adjustment affects the slip angle of the front wheels
i only make changes to the ackerman in increments of .5 at at time as i find it does change the car a lot
there is a book "xxx main" or an app "rc set up workbench" which cover this in fairly good detail
Old 02-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Govert

Still confused...
I'm curious what your measurement technique is for determining whether it increases or decreases ackerman. And whether your definition of "increase" is more angle on the inside wheel vs. the outside, or more angle on the outside vs. the inside.

When thinking about ackerman, I usually just crank the steering to one side, and then look at it from the top and think "ok, if I added/removed a shim, that would push the tie rod this way, and that would do XXXX to the inside wheel and YYYY to the outside wheel".

-Mike
Old 02-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Here is some information I found from the ARC folks about Ackerman and measurement:

"you can use the setup station , TiTAN 30101-2009, then you can read the steering throw of each different ball crank , so you will have idea how it change and what different in your handling"

"Basically if you use shorter ball crank and less shim , you will have more ackerman angle, when you use longer bell crank and more shim(forward) , you will have less ackerman angle."

And to note that the bellcranks come in 18mm, 20mm and 22mm lengths.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

@ Josh-n-ya

Hey Josh, sent you a pm re VTA racing, hoping you can help.

Or, anyone who has raced the R10 2013 in VTA with any setup knowledge for carpet, please feel free to offer any advise that you can.

Much appreciated

Terry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.