Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car >

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Old 12-16-2013, 08:40 PM
  #751  
Tech Initiate
 
Joe_Cathey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kennewick,WA, USA
Posts: 48
Default

After a 9 year lay away from on road racing, I am finally getting back to it. Just finished up building the ARC 2013 and ready to hit the track this weekend.

This is a really nice car. All the parts are top notch quality. Touring cars are definitely A LOT different than when I got away from on road racing!
Joe_Cathey is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 11:14 AM
  #752  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
nikos2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: any where I can race!
Posts: 5,031
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Good Luck Joe!!! Let us know how the car runs!!!
nikos2002 is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 11:38 AM
  #753  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kettering
Posts: 763
Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)
Default

Now did hara like the R10? Also how do some of you all feel about this car compared to a 417v5 or a BD7?
racer034life is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 03:20 PM
  #754  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,990
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
Now did hara like the R10? Also how do some of you all feel about this car compared to a 417v5 or a BD7?


He has used the R10 at a number of races in Thailand, and he also went to the effort of flying to Taiwan and travelling to the ARC test track to discuss setup and future design, so i would say he is pretty impressed with it.

Personally i think ARC will OEM a Hara branded TC at some point in 2014-15.

Parts quality and strength of the ARC are both as high or higher than the above 2 cars. The plastics are super strong, and the steel is very durable.
Both the Tammy and the Yok are exceptional on the track, but a lot more work to live with in the pits.
Besercoe is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 04:02 PM
  #755  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kettering
Posts: 763
Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)
Default

Will i live in ohio and the 17.5 class has more xrays. Im not a fan and wanted to the arc to be different. I use to own a tc6.1 full rsd conversation and wasnt a fan. I want a tc that can steer like my WGT car
racer034life is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 05:57 PM
  #756  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,839
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
Will i live in ohio and the 17.5 class has more xrays. Im not a fan and wanted to the arc to be different. I use to own a tc6.1 full rsd conversation and wasnt a fan. I want a tc that can steer like my WGT car
ARC 2013 is a great handling car. Plenty of steering. Just the right amount of flex and many options and setups. Also lots of support on here and ARC facebook page. Parts are plentiful Viper and A-main. No shopping overseas!
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 06:26 PM
  #757  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kettering
Posts: 763
Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)
Default

Josh i have heard many stories about you from Ian here in Springfield at access hobbies. I was wondering if you have a good set-up for this car on a 90x40 carpet track with med-high bite...p.s credit cards getting hit tonight or tomorrow. Also is arc releasing a 2014 kit?
racer034life is offline  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:07 PM
  #758  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,839
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
Josh i have heard many stories about you from Ian here in Springfield at access hobbies. I was wondering if you have a good set-up for this car on a 90x40 carpet track with med-high bite...p.s credit cards getting hit tonight or tomorrow. Also is arc releasing a 2014 kit?
I think you are thinking of Josh.C maybe! I never ran on carpet and I have heard of no car yet in 2014! I am having a blast with current car!
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 12-19-2013, 10:24 AM
  #759  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
nikos2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: any where I can race!
Posts: 5,031
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

The R10 2013 kit update was done later in the year this year - if they do another update - it would most likely be just that. I am sure they are always working on something, but nothing is in the books right now.

And if you go to the Team ARC USA Facebook page, there are a couple different carpet set ups listed -- posted in the picture section.
nikos2002 is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 02:52 AM
  #760  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
nikos2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: any where I can race!
Posts: 5,031
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Curious why you guys think we are not getting more "traction" with ARC here in the US?

- People its not proven == been driving by probably the best r/c driver on the planet and given thumbs up on performance

- Reliable == some people are buying the parts to put on more popular cars for improvements

- Hard to get parts == National distribution available to all hobby shops, biggest on line retailer in the country and direct order available from Viper R/C

- Support == dedicated social media with set ups, advice and information, live customer support, forum support

- Team drivers == we just did a team driver search, open to adding more (PM me if you want more information)

Options open......
nikos2002 is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 08:03 AM
  #761  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,839
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
Curious why you guys think we are not getting more "traction" with ARC here in the US?

- People its not proven == been driving by probably the best r/c driver on the planet and given thumbs up on performance

- Reliable == some people are buying the parts to put on more popular cars for improvements

- Hard to get parts == National distribution available to all hobby shops, biggest on line retailer in the country and direct order available from Viper R/C

- Support == dedicated social media with set ups, advice and information, live customer support, forum support

- Team drivers == we just did a team driver search, open to adding more (PM me if you want more information)

Options open......
Who has said this? I guess I didn't have what it takes to be a team driver since no response!
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 12:56 PM
  #762  
Tech Initiate
 
Joe_Cathey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Kennewick,WA, USA
Posts: 48
Default

Haha I tried to post a pic of my ride ready to for practice tonight, but apparently you have to make a certain number of posts to be allowed to do it.

Nikos - That is a good question, and it's funny how locally where I live when people ask me what touring car I have and I say "The ARC R10 2013" they have no idea what I am talking about. More exposure? Advertising?

This is one quality car, no doubt about it!
Joe_Cathey is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 02:48 PM
  #763  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,533
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
Curious why you guys think we are not getting more "traction" with ARC here in the US?

- People its not proven == been driving by probably the best r/c driver on the planet and given thumbs up on performance

- Reliable == some people are buying the parts to put on more popular cars for improvements

- Hard to get parts == National distribution available to all hobby shops, biggest on line retailer in the country and direct order available from Viper R/C

- Support == dedicated social media with set ups, advice and information, live customer support, forum support

- Team drivers == we just did a team driver search, open to adding more (PM me if you want more information)

Options open......
I'm in Vipers back yard, never heard of the car until last saturday at a race in Seattle. I'm not one to read every thread on every subject so that may have something to do it. I also don't buy RC magazines. On a fellow racers suggestion I purchased the car yesterday. Built it last night and this morning. From the build it seems like a very capable chassis.

One thing I've learned from doing this hobby over the years, is that people are very brand loyal. I was with Yokomo thru several model changes until they closed yokomo usa, then with Schumacher thru all the changes up to the last Mi4, I tired a different car here and there to just see but stuck with my "brand". The reason I bought this car is that I am returning to the hobby after a brief lay off and it was suggested by a local racer I give it a shot.
skypilot is offline  
Old 12-20-2013, 05:48 PM
  #764  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (83)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,627
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I'm in Vipers back yard, never heard of the car until last saturday at a race in Seattle. I'm not one to read every thread on every subject so that may have something to do it. I also don't buy RC magazines. On a fellow racers suggestion I purchased the car yesterday. Built it last night and this morning. From the build it seems like a very capable chassis.

One thing I've learned from doing this hobby over the years, is that people are very brand loyal. I was with Yokomo thru several model changes until they closed yokomo usa, then with Schumacher thru all the changes up to the last Mi4, I tired a different car here and there to just see but stuck with my "brand". The reason I bought this car is that I am returning to the hobby after a brief lay off and it was suggested by a local racer I give it a shot.
Good choices Ritchie..
I know this TC will be great on carpet...

Last edited by OVA; 12-20-2013 at 06:02 PM.
OVA is offline  
Old 12-21-2013, 01:38 PM
  #765  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,533
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

is there a spring chart that converts the ARC springs to pounds??
skypilot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.