Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion...Customer Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

CRASH Protection Guarantee!
ProTek RC offers a 50% Damage Replacement program for one (1) year after original purchase date on all batteries that have been damaged due to impact, over-discharging, or improper charging that have not been modified or disassembled. The damaged battery will be replaced by a comparable battery at 50% off of its retail cost.

ROFLMAO.....
Old 04-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I changed the thread title to better reflect the customers experience.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSPOT
ProTek RC offers a 50% Damage Replacement program for one (1) year after original purchase date on all batteries that have been damaged due to impact, over-discharging, or improper charging that have not been modified or disassembled. The damaged battery will be replaced by a comparable battery at 50% off of its retail cost.

ROFLMAO.....
So next time buy protek batteries...
Old 04-13-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ROFLMAO.....
Your thread is supposed to be about Orions customer service regarding Orions policys. You cannot fairly judge company X customer service based on company Z polices.

As a paying customer you have solely responsible for deciding which companies you do business with. As far as I can tell, the only party that has made a mistake in thus situation is you. You have all the right in the world to take your pocketbook elseware next time.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's all good....I just needed to vent. The esc was off, and I had plugged in my connectors to the battery backwards....split second and one small spark...

It wasn't charged wrong, and it's not puffed, or any other thing, but it did self protect itself from what I was reading.
I have never heard of this. Is the esc was off, there shouldn't have been a complete circuit.

Second, what self protect? Are you saying they have a integrated fuse in their packs? Not only would that add undue resistance, why put a fuse in if its not replaceable?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Orion

Split the case and resolder and go race! It's that simple!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

ROFLMAO.....
Your problem doesn't fit any of those 3 categories. You didn't have an impact. You didn't over-discharge. You didn't improperly charge. I'm assuming you didn't modify it or disassemble it. But, your problem doesn't fall into their 50% Damage Replacement program.

You connected it backwards.

Now, you could lie and take advantage of them, but that's just abusing the policy and, if enough people do it, will eventually get the policy removed or changed.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Lessen
Your thread is supposed to be about Orions customer service regarding Orions policys. You cannot fairly judge company X customer service based on company Z polices.

As a paying customer you have solely responsible for deciding which companies you do business with. As far as I can tell, the only party that has made a mistake in thus situation is you. You have all the right in the world to take your pocketbook elseware next time.
Caveat emptor........
Old 04-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FauxMako
Your problem doesn't fit any of those 3 categories. You didn't have an impact. You didn't over-discharge. You didn't improperly charge. I'm assuming you didn't modify it or disassemble it. But, your problem doesn't fall into their 50% Damage Replacement program.
Red goes with.... uhhh.. errrr... black???

Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I LOVE IT....

like i have said...i am not here to scam...nor ever have been... i jus felt as though maybe they should have offered something....thats my point...its not like i havent supported them

but its all good...

(its not like i wanted to intentionally damage my battery..) i would rather be racing with it
Old 04-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Regional Moderator

(its not like i wanted to intentionally damage my battery..) i would rather be racing with it
Originally Posted by haywood
Split the case and resolder and go race! It's that simple!
This ^
Old 05-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Last edited by infanterene; 05-23-2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: wrong area
Old 02-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My Experience

So I had an Orion WTS 90C LiPo battery slowly lose it's performance over the last 6 months. Overall the battery was great and the concept itself (Weight Transfer System) is cutting edge. This was my first Orion product ever.

In this hobby things will go bad. Some at the expense of the user and some at the expense of the manufacturer. In my case the battery itself was deemed defective.

I called Tom at Orion support on a Sunday afternoon. I explained the problem and at the end of the call he gave me a few pointers and issued me a replacement product. It arrived in 3 days.

So far I support Tekin and give props to Orion because these 2 companies have served me very well. I just thought I would give credit to these companies because they have stood behind their product when I have dealt with them personally.

My hope is that when good things happen the word spreads as many of us know that when bad things happen there is no shortage of opinions. I can't speak for all but from my experience Orion rocks.

Thanks Orion.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I LOVE IT....

like i have said...i am not here to scam...nor ever have been... i jus felt as though maybe they should have offered something....thats my point...its not like i havent supported them

but its all good...

So let me ask you a question. If you own a car and did your own oil change and forgot to fill the oil back up and blew up the engine would you expect your dealer to buy you a new engine cause you bought the car?

Why should they have offered something for free?(I also mean any discount as well) Just trying to pick your brain. I work in the Customer service field too in the auto industry and people seem to think that they should get it for free all the time and I don't get it.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Your own fault. Orion shouldn't have to help you in any way. Deal with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.