Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity Warranty Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 08:17 AM
jsp
Tech Regular

Default Trinity Warranty Problems?

Early in December, I had a new Chameleon 2 fail on it's second run. The hobby shop told me to go to Trinity. I went to the Trinity website and followed their instructions for warranty returns. After a monthe and 4 or 5 emails, I had heard nothing. So I posted on Tech Talk about my problem. After 22 days, I got a reply from Chad Phillips with some instructions. I have called several times and they say they will take care of it, but still nothing. It's been almost 2 months since my first email. Is anyone else having warranty problems with Trinity? Any Suggestions?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did you pay for it with your credit card? I had a huge problem with a product that I bought on ebay for my real car (misleading add, long story) Nobody wanted to help me, not ebay, paypal, or the company I bought it from!! I called my credit card company and after doing some paperwork and PROVING that I got screwed, I got all of my money back AND I still have the part (poetic justice ). I know that you bought the motor from your hobbyshop, but you might have some kind of extended warrant with your credit card. That might help get things started. ALSO, i know that you are supposed to deal directly with Trinity for defects, but I would think that your hobby shop should be helping you out with this.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:29 AM
jsp
Tech Regular

About a month ago I shipped the arm to Trinity per their over the phone directions. I paid cash for the item and I have the receipt.
john
Old 01-31-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

If you have some kind of RA number then you should call them until you get someone on the phone that listens and find out what's up with your arm. If you have no "proof" that you sent it back, things might get a little tougher. Do you have a tracking number?
Old 01-31-2005, 10:29 AM
jsp
Tech Regular

I was told they were not using RMA's at this time. I have my shipping receipt.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:08 AM
jsp
Tech Regular

I called Trinity again today. I talked to Christin. She said Toni was gone for the rest of the day and Shannon would be back after lunch. Oh well.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:48 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

I called Trinity again today. I finally spoke with Shannon. She took down my info. She looked for my package/ paperwork/ armature but was unable to find it. She said she would talk with her supervisor and call me back today or tomorrow morning. She thought there would be no problem. I wonder how long I can hold my breath?
john
Old 02-01-2005, 04:20 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

Well Shannon never called me back. I called Trinity 3 times today. The first 2 times there was no answer. Are they under staffed? Finally I spoke with Christin again. She relayed a message that Shannon would ship my replacement part tomorrow, Feb. 2nd. I have called Trinity 9 times and emailed them 4 or 5 times, so far. In this day and age how can a company with this kind of customer service survive?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Good luck JSP. I've never heard of anyone getting anything covered under warranty with Trinity.

4 of the 6 D6's that were sold the week of Mod Nats at my LHS failed and we were basically told to take a hike.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:23 AM
jsp
Tech Regular

Yesterday I called Trinity to verify my warranty part had been shipped. Christin called me back later in the day with a tracking number. I checked UPS and there is a package coming from Trinity to me. So far this warranty process has taken 2 months, 10 phone calls and 4 or 5 emails.
john
Old 02-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

you are lucky..took me alot longer with a certain charger from another company whose name I wont mention . I am glad you are getting your armature but it sucks that it took so long!
Old 02-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jsp
Yesterday I called Trinity to verify my warranty part had been shipped. Christin called me back later in the day with a tracking number. I checked UPS and there is a package coming from Trinity to me. So far this warranty process has taken 2 months, 10 phone calls and 4 or 5 emails.
john
oh man with the cost of the 10 calls to the east coast you could have bought a new motor
Old 02-04-2005, 01:48 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

No S@%T!
john
Old 02-16-2005, 05:41 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

Last week I finally received my replacement armature. Thank you. All I can say is you've got to stay on Trinity's back if you want warranty service. Good luck.
john
Old 02-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

i had a similar problem... But i live close enough to edison Nj that I drove over there and refused to leave till the problem was sloved!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.