Old 04-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #61
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

XRAY for sure. T3 is an amazing car.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #62
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Lessen

Just find a nice JRX-S Type R. Best car I've ever driven. Period.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #63
Tech Apprentice

I was in the same postion last year.

I have built or driven most of the cars that have been listed (apart from the 417X) and in the end chose the Xray T3 12.

As has been said everyone will have their own opinion and I agree to some of whats been said, but dont always get sucked in to what everyone else is doing. The amount of times Ive heard people say you must buy/try this,you must buy/try that and then to ask why they cant give me a good enough explanation.

The reason I chose the T3 12 was down to build quality,parts availability, strength and the way it responded to set up changes.

The reason I didnt chose the others :

A700 Is a great car but was to expensive and you need a good knowledge on how car set up works ( me not knowing enough )

TC6.1 I personally didnt like the build quality and found the car a little fragile but drove really well.

TCX A little dated as waiting for the TCXX to be released and again a little to fragile but produced alot of all round traction ( very pointy car )

Serpent S411 Great car only problem was parts availability ( Doing some side by side racing car seems to have good on power traction )

Kyosho Another good car but to expensive and poor parts availability

MI4 CXL this is an improvement from the MI4 CX which was the car I had last year but always found it lacking to get the CX to turn in sharp enough and didnt respond well to set up changes. For me parts are easy to get,its strong ,build was good and its well priced, main reason for not purchasing this one was it was released to late.

Now having had the T3 a few months I have learned a great deal on car set up which I find the biggest bonus and it gives me more confidence to drive the car closer to the limit.

This is all my personal opinion, hope it may have been of some use.

Mikkel_R
Mikkel_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #64
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any other suggestions of serpent s411 or xray t3?
WD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #65
Tech Regular

I have narrowed it down to the serpent s411 team edition and the xray t3 2012.
Please rate both below please. You can use 1-10 scale....with 10 being the best.

Xray:

Durability
Parts/Finish Quality
Adjustments/Tuneability
How good it handles on asphault/concrete
How good it handles on carpet
Setup adaptability (going from one track to the next)
Overall

Serpent:

Durability
Parts/Finish Quality
Adjustments/Tuneability
How good it handles on asphault/concrete
How good it handles on carpet
Setup adaptability (going from one track to the next)
Overall

I really appreciate anyone with input. Thanks

Last edited by WD40; 04-18-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #66
Tech Regular

Old 04-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #67
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Is it really that difficult? Your not gonna learn about rc through an Internet forum. You'll be just like the last guy was in here. Going crazy over onroad, only to see a week later that your done and trying to sell everything.
Slo_E4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #68
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You must have a subscription to Consumer Report and read it like it is the bible. You obviously want us to make the decision for you. Yet you will say you made the choice after careful consideration and input from others. When it comes down to it buy the one you feel is the best. When it comes to something like RC that extra pride and emotion about your car can make you faster. I have met many people like you in my years selling skis, bikes and competeing with mountain bikes. You are the type that is stuck at the mediocre level because you spend your time fussing over the things that in the end will not really make you faster. You have already missed a week of wheel time trying to get us to tell you what the best car is. There is no best car. Each car has strength and weaknesses. These strength and weaknesses change on many conditions. I see you want cars ranked on both asphalt and carpet. The best car on asphalt will probably not perform the best on carpet. If you are driving on both surfaces and putting as much into choosing a car as it looks you will want one car for asphalt and another for carpet. Most likely they will be different make cars. If you truly want the "best".

Stop being a gear whore and pick a car already. What will be your excuse when the "best" car you bought does not deliver the wins? I am willing to bet you will sell it and start looking for the true fastest car since obviously the first one was not it.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:22 AM   #69
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post
You'll be just like the last guy was in here. Going crazy over onroad, only to see a week later that your done and trying to sell everything.
You mean you haven't gotten your Independent Racing Association membership yet?
S.Stew is online now   Reply With Quote