Search
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By STLNLST
  • 1 Post By Cavi Mike

SkyRC diff analyzer good or gimmick ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 04:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default SkyRC diff analyzer good or gimmick ?

Thought I’d ask here as I’m interested in it for checking/setting ball diffs.

Anyone have one or tried one?
Old 02-23-2020, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EvilR2.0
Thought I’d ask here as I’m interested in it for checking/setting ball diffs.

Anyone have one or tried one?
its no gimmick. Its the exact same one as Muchmore but for Much less. I use mine on all my cars. On road and off road. Helps let me know where I like my ball diffs in 2wd buggy and truck and also lets me see how my gear diffs are when fresh built, after a tun in the heat, and monitor a viscosity change over time to see when I should possibly rebuild. I like to geek out from time to time. If your getting one check out rcjuice. Can’t beat their regular price and they are constantly having deals.

JDM_DOHC_SiR and Cavi Mike like this.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:44 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
its no gimmick. Its the exact same one as Muchmore but for Much less. I use mine on all my cars. On road and off road. Helps let me know where I like my ball diffs in 2wd buggy and truck and also lets me see how my gear diffs are when fresh built, after a tun in the heat, and monitor a viscosity change over time to see when I should possibly rebuild. I like to geek out from time to time. If your getting one check out rcjuice. Can’t beat their regular price and they are constantly having deals.

sorry bringing this old thread back up, what have you been finding has been the point on the analyzer to determine when you want to change your fluid? For example, number is X amount different than when I started, time to change.

Also, ca you measure the diffs outside of the car? all I see is folks doing this inside the cars on vids and I wonder if something is off, be nice to know when the diff is out of the car versus pulling everything out again.
Old 10-29-2021, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Of course you can do it outside the car
STLNLST likes this.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
sorry bringing this old thread back up, what have you been finding has been the point on the analyzer to determine when you want to change your fluid? For example, number is X amount different than when I started, time to change.

Also, ca you measure the diffs outside of the car? all I see is folks doing this inside the cars on vids and I wonder if something is off, be nice to know when the diff is out of the car versus pulling everything out again.
it can be done while still assembled in the car. You can also use it to check viscosity of different fluids as well. AE diff fluid 5K may measure different that Muchmore 5K so if you use something else than you’re use to you can have an idea if its thinner or thicker. All usefell information.