R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2005, 10:21 PM   #1381
Tech Elite
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,066
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default Re: Midnight....

Yeah JD broke it down for me but thanks for the info. Im new to this and every little bit counts.
SO what would be a good number to start with a 1 or a 5 in the rear and front. When I get my car I plan to run blue 22.5 in front, and white in the rear 17.5. with rubber tires.
Quote:
Originally posted by F1-Fanatic
Downstop allows the car to transfer weight forward and aft when slowing down or accelerating respectively. The higher downstop the less downward travel the arms can achieve so when you slow down the car will not be prone to diving and becoming unbalanced. Keep in mind that the adjustment is dependant on the track conditions (how smooth or bumpy) and the type of tires used. (with foam your downstop will change as the tires wear)

Hope this helps.
__________________
RC8T; Losi 2.0B; FT T4; AKA & RB
Hoffman Photography, www.carolinasrc.com
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:37 PM   #1382
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St Louis
Posts: 7,868
Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Default

Midnight Darin still has not got you that car yet!

This is Kevin from Ohio.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:58 AM   #1383
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Midnight....

Quote:
Originally posted by F1-Fanatic
Downstop allows the car to transfer weight forward and aft when slowing down or accelerating respectively. The higher downstop the less downward travel the arms can achieve so when you slow down the car will not be prone to diving and becoming unbalanced. Keep in mind that the adjustment is dependant on the track conditions (how smooth or bumpy) and the type of tires used. (with foam your downstop will change as the tires wear)

Hope this helps.
Well actually it doesn't change due to wear. It changes due to having reset the ride height because of the wear.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:40 AM   #1384
Tech Fanatic
 
Team-RTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: sydney
Posts: 917
Default

hey guys, how does this car feel compared to the FK04? thnx
__________________
SERPENT | NOVAROSSI | XRAY | TEKIN | FUTABA
Team-RTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #1385
Tech Elite
 
Midnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Edmond. Oklahoma
Posts: 2,066
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

I ordered it from speedtech!
Quote:
Originally posted by dodgeguy
Midnight Darin still has not got you that car yet!

This is Kevin from Ohio.
__________________
RC8T; Losi 2.0B; FT T4; AKA & RB
Hoffman Photography, www.carolinasrc.com
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:43 AM   #1386
Tech Fanatic
 
S-T-R-l-K-E-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: CS RACING / RIDDLER HOBBIES
Posts: 973
Send a message via ICQ to S-T-R-l-K-E-R
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Team-RTR
hey guys, how does this car feel compared to the FK04? thnx
the car feels similar to my 04 and although i just ran it a couple of packs the way my set-up went was towards the 04 orientation.

good points:
it had greater corner speed
get on the throtthe much sooner
more stable in chicanes
quicker acceleration

bad points:
hmmmmm is there any?...........















........ oh yes the battery brace is optional.
S-T-R-l-K-E-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #1387
Tech Elite
 
BigDogRacing's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 2,955
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing
Default Re: Re: Midnight....

Quote:
Originally posted by B4
Well actually it doesn't change due to wear. It changes due to having reset the ride height because of the wear.
You are correct B4. Also, while JW's explanation of droop or uptravel is very good, he left out the effect that droop has on left/right body roll. By limiting the uptravel you are limiting the roll rate as well. Basically, when the chassis begins to roll and the droop screws stop the uptravel on the inside, you force the springs on the outside of the car to need to travel twice as far to achieve the same amount of weight transfer assuming there were no droop screws. Uhhh... I think I lost myself... anyway, it does affect roll but not as much as front-rear transfer as far as what we feel on the track...
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #1388
Tech Elite
 
Jon Williams's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,753
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Thanks, Jason. I left that part out.

While it is somewhat secondary to the weight travel front to rear, droop does play a part in side to side weight transfer as Jason indicated.

Droop also limits the side to side roll as well in essence helping to make the car flatter and less lazy. I usually run a decent amount of droop in the rear. It's kind of a tradeoff though. You need to have enough droop to ensure front to rear transfer, but not too much so that the car feels 'wallowy' and slow to react. That's why chassis work is so much fun and also such a headache--acheiving that balance.
Jon Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:07 PM   #1389
B4
Tech Addict
 
B4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jdwca
Thanks, Jason. I left that part out.

While it is somewhat secondary to the weight travel front to rear, droop does play a part in side to side weight transfer as Jason indicated.

Droop also limits the side to side roll as well in essence helping to make the car flatter and less lazy. I usually run a decent amount of droop in the rear. It's kind of a tradeoff though. You need to have enough droop to ensure front to rear transfer, but not too much so that the car feels 'wallowy' and slow to react. That's why chassis work is so much fun and also such a headache--acheiving that balance.
Yes there are so many variables and the fact is that the setup will never be 100%.
B4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #1390
Tech Adept
 
RobertV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nor*Cal
Posts: 244
Default Re: Dry Diffs

Quote:
Originally posted by StewartFan20
Both my diffs were bone dry. In fact, I fried one of my diffs the first day I had it because it was bone dry. Not a drop of lube anywhere.
This guy is correct - I was skeptical at first but when I tore apart the front diff to fashion a spool, there was barely a hint of grease anywhere!

I chalk it up to mass production but it was scary enough that I immediately tore down the rear diff and relubed everything.
RobertV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #1391
Tech Master
 
berger's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 1,149
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone done a back to back comparison on the track with an 04 and 05, i mean the "feel" of a car could just be a placebo since you have just sunk what, $400 big ones into your new TC and want it to be the daddy and quicker around the track. I want figures and facts people.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #1392
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Dry Diffs

10-4 ....dry diffs ...lubed them badboys up and we're rockin and a rollin

Quote:
Originally posted by RobertV
This guy is correct - I was skeptical at first but when I tore
apart the front diff to fashion a spool, there was barely a hint of grease anywhere!

I chalk it up to mass production but it was scary enough that I immediately tore down the rear diff and relubed everything.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 05:50 AM   #1393
Tech Regular
 
chach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Worcester, MA
Posts: 336
Default

I am not sure if this has been discussed yet, but did anybody notice that when you sand off the lower shock mount on the rear arms for 28mm wide wheels, that the set screw does not screw in far enough, and is this ok to leave that way or should I drill and tap a deeper hole.
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 06:37 AM   #1394
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Leeds (UK)
Posts: 23
Default

Yes you will need to drill a deeper hole
Dan Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:09 AM   #1395
Tech Adept
 
Twin-Kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Puce,ONT Canada
Posts: 234
Default

Look on page 6 in owners man.Read the tip.Tells you what to do!!!
Twin-Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
Xray T1FK05 $100.00 Charles R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 04-25-2006 10:51 AM
F/S: Xray T1FK05 ewippler R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 12-09-2005 04:03 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 ewippler R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 4 05-06-2005 06:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net