Xray T1FK05

You're on Page 76 of 363
Go to
  • sweet....looks like i'll be holding off on bying spare arms untill the new hard arms are available (mind you.if you break an arm on an Xray you would have likely blown up any other TC onthe market )
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by NVisible
    Kimbrough spurs will fit. i believe you need to use thier associated line
    Thanx Nvisible , actually my associated pinions are the best as far as the clearance from the belt is concerned.
  • Rear hingepin shims...
    I found the recommended shims on the rear lower hingepins to leave alot of play...

3-7-2 in front and 1 mm in rear.. I ended up using 3-7-2's front and rear. I also found the left rear arm/pin binding, I ended up getting the pin hot by running it thru the arm with the dremel a few times solved the problem.

Also... I am missing one of the small black O-rings for the shocks... one tiny piece preventing me from finsihing the build...

Otherwise, the build quality is great, can't wait to see how the car handles ... the boards that I am prone to coming in contact with +) I am sure that I won't be going through parts like I was with the TC4 though.

The TC4 maybe a cheaper kit to actually purchase, but by the time you spend a bit on upgrades and repairs its gotta cost alot more over the long run...
  • just make sure to get a rubberneck or pdub bumper for your FK05. lots more protection than the stock bumper
  • Already ordered!

NVisible.. I'm sure I must have got in your way on the track at some point... I just don't know the face to screen name... say hello next time you see me at TORC.
  • Noob question... but... where can I order a rubberneck bumper?
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by aantonis
    Noob question... but... where can I order a rubberneck bumper?
    ask wannabee
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by dado11g
    ask wannabee
    Thanks! Please feel free to drop me a PM...

KE
  • Wannabee YGPM!
  • hey i am new to the xray, are they really all that much better then other cars on carpet? i just got a bmi chasis for my tc3 and i was wondering if it will be competive against the xray. should i get one now? or wait till winter when carpet racing is big again because i dont wanna spend that much on one seeing how they are new the prices on them should go down.
  • the spool on the fk05 can also b used in the t1 fk?
  • if you are talking about the multi-diff, no.
    They have two separate codes one for the fk05 and one for the previous models.
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by Windsorguy99
    You sure about that???

My kits arms seemed rigid but still needed to have the standoff removed to on the rears to run 28mm foams...

Car went together like adream though...can't wait to hit the track wtih it...

Mine also had the standoffs ... maybe its a Canadian thing
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by duckman996

Likewise... standoffs here as well
  • Quote:
    Originally posted by duckman996
    nope not just canadian cause i had to do it too all in all still a sweet ride