Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by JDXray

Is there any wieght problem with the kit? Being the batteries are on 1 side? I am pretty sure we are going to have to tweak this kit alot with the weight on 1 side.

I run a Corally RDX which has the same basic layout at the FK05 and your concern about the weight and tweak need not worry you. My RDX only needs the slightest tweak (less than my FK) to get it all tweaked properly. And for those of you who think the battery weight is soooo much to one side.. as long as Xray moved it as close to center of the chassis as possible it should be perfect. As a matter of fact I have to add a 5oz weight to the battery side of to balance my RDX because that side is slightly lighter. After looking at the pics above, I like the integrated bulk because with the motor being out a little more the battery can be in more, and like I said the RDX is balanced almost perfectly.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you look at the image that John Doucakis just posted. It looks as if Juraj Hudy has plans for a new rear short arm that may have the droop screw farther out for more leverage and will result in less flex of the arm. Hopefully they'll resolve the shock ends rubbing on foam wheels issue.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Actually the whole world will get a diff, a one-way and a spool. The front diff is like a Swiss Army knife.
[/B]
The Front multi-diff is capable of acting as a regular one way, a regular spool, or a one-way spool where the left and right wheels are tied together but still can freewheel off power(justnot independent of each other)

It doesn't act as a regular diff....they show some good detail in the presentation on the Xray site
Old 02-10-2005, 07:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by kidDynomite
Actually the whole world will get a diff, a one-way and a spool. The front diff is like a Swiss Army knife.
What I was referring to was that the US kits will include a front ball diff (see the 4th slide from the end on Xray’s presentation). Hopefully this is in addition to the “Swiss Army” diff. Last I talked to my LHS and the price for the new car will be about $375 which means that if they are including the front ball diff the price really isn’t any more than a FK and an extra ball diff.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i think the $375 is hobbyshop's cost on the kit. OR at least that is what it will cost dealers in north america
Old 02-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So is 1.7 a rounding or did the new layshaft pulley change the ratio from 1.77 to 1.7?
It is not rounded. The pulleys are 34 teeth, and the layshaft pulley is 20 tooth.

---- = 1.7 Exactly
Old 02-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
The Front multi-diff is capable of acting as a regular one way, a regular spool, or a one-way spool where the left and right wheels are tied together but still can freewheel off power(justnot independent of each other)
Windsorguy, that is correct. I was so excite to wake up and check the site, and I completely flew threw every link. Thanks. So I wonder if the US will get both MultiDiff and reg. diff at a steeper price or just a diff? I would actually prefer the MultiDiff, because by the time the car is available here, Nitro and electric asphalt season will be kicking in. I'd prefer to use the spool or one-way then.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

That is what they quoted me at my LHS after they got the new price list last week.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rceric
What I was referring to was that the US kits will include a front ball diff (see the 4th slide from the end on Xray’s presentation). Hopefully this is in addition to the “Swiss Army” diff. Last I talked to my LHS and the price for the new car will be about $375 which means that if they are including the front ball diff the price really isn’t any more than a FK and an extra ball diff.
rceric, thanks for the scoop.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by kidDynomite
rceric, thanks for the scoop.
No problem. As soon as my LHS got the new price list I had them put one on order for me. After seeing the pictures I really can't wait to get one now.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

wow, 1.70. that is going to take a huge spur to get low rollouts. that, or tiny pinions... it doesn't look like the geometry will support a 128+ spur, so breakout the small pinions. now the gearing increments will be larger as well....
Old 02-10-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

US cars are coming with Ball Diff's... I still don't know if I'm sold on this.... Is there a FK06 in the works? Is this going to be a yearly thing????
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

1.70. that is going to take a huge spur to get low rollouts. that, or tiny pinions... it doesn't look like the geometry will support a 128+ spur, so breakout the small pinions.
If it comes with a 48 pitch gear, the info said that it will be 84T, that's a 112T in 64 pitch. We will be in the 18-22T range with pinions.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
US cars are coming with Ball Diff's... I still don't know if I'm sold on this.... Is there a FK06 in the works? Is this going to be a yearly thing????
is there anything that would make you happy? If they left the cars as-is there would be an uproar that they weren't doing anything....

Seriously,look at the evolution of the T1 cars....it has been small steps all along with a common them of common parts..trying to carry over as much as possible to thenext versionof the car...
Old 02-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
the Corally RDX

The Tamiya 415
2 more chassis in similar layout:

The Kawada Sigma2

The Schumacher Mi2

I think we can say it probably the best layout for belt EP now. Just like all shaft EP follow the same layout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.