R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2005, 09:47 PM   #721
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

What about the set up? SHould you stick with the box setup or try one on line. I running on very high bite concrete. Ive always ran yokomo in the past with take off 22s. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:50 PM   #722
Tech Addict

Just make sure you break in the diff per the manual, which may take a few batteries packs. Once you do that the diff will work really well.
Eric Gebhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 11:56 PM   #723
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Scho
Default Motor protection

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulC2K
Im told the kits are at Mirage, probably been there a day or 2 now if not more, from what i beleive they were due to go through the system today (thurs) and im guessing they will be picked up tomorrow for shipping to all the modelshops to arrive before noon on Monday, as long as my LHS has 2 kits, im happy, cos im #2 hehe

Still waiting to find the price on the Battery strap and the Motor 'shield' which im thinking i might get to play it safe, as long as they dont take the p*ss with the price of a C shaped peice of Carbon with 2 screws & bolts, then i get one, otherwise i'll get some Kydex (or however you spell it :P) and make a couple something similar for half the price.

I was wondering with the shield, it might be a good idea on the inside corners to just 'cut' into it, just a mm or 2, and then put a zip tie round it, just to protect both the bodyshell and the CF from rubbing on corners, although a zip-tie might unbalance the cornering if one sides roll is stopped by a rubbing zip tie, and the other side can roll deeper into a corner. soon see i guess.
Alright Paul,

Knowing how painfull the motor sticking out of the edge of the car is after running the 415, Both me and fab have Wreaked a modified motor each, im sure thats going to be more expensive than the protection plate for me..........

Now does it fit the 415?

Scho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:24 AM   #724
Tech Apprentice

Default Have the FK05's been released

Have these cars really been released? The website says they're available NOW...

And does anyone know if the parts will be better available then they were for the t1?
blownawayig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:55 AM   #725
Tech Elite

i own a fk 04 and i want to buy parts for it. firstly:

-will belts and other unique parts for the 04 be still available?
-also will parts stock be comming in soon for the universal parts? ie whole diffs, arsm etc etc

i sure hope xray send out 04 parts cuz i have no intention on getting a new car
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:18 AM   #726

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

The belts on the FK05 are the same as on the FK. I think anything that you would break on the FK is carried over on the FK05. The only unique items I can see on the FK are the bulkheads, chassis, etc, which hopefully won't break.
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:37 AM   #727
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Multi diffs and battery holder prices?

Anyone know the price for both yet? I can see the Multi diffs hitting the $60.00 mark
Old 03-20-2005, 04:07 AM   #728
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Speedo
The belts on the FK05 are the same as on the FK. I think anything that you would break on the FK is carried over on the FK05. The only unique items I can see on the FK are the bulkheads, chassis, etc, which hopefully won't break.
any online shops with xray parts in stock now? like full stock i mean rear diff, belts etcetc. everything basically
Old 03-20-2005, 04:48 AM   #729
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to PomAbroad
Default Xray parts

Stormer Hobbies has FK diffs and standard diffs in stock as of 30 minutes ago.

Smash'Em Racing, WA's home of fun in R/C motorsport, Insert credits to continue......
PomAbroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:59 AM   #730
Tech Elite

Default Re: Xray parts

Quote:
Originally posted by PomAbroad
Stormer Hobbies has FK diffs and standard diffs in stock as of 30 minutes ago.

also anyone know if these will ever come back in stock? "X-Ray T1 EVO 2 AXLE with hub, spring steel"

... found the diffs

bugger! they've got everything i need minus belt

Last edited by VenomWorldOrder; 03-20-2005 at 06:14 AM.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:42 AM   #731
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Xray parts

Quote:
Originally posted by VenomWorldOrder
also anyone know if these will ever come back in stock? "X-Ray T1 EVO 2 AXLE with hub, spring steel"

... found the diffs

bugger! they've got everything i need minus belt
Post a part number....are you talking about the piece for the Pivot ball front suspension, or the C-Hub?
ChrisP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:50 AM   #732
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing
Default Re: Have the FK05's been released

Quote:
Originally posted by blownawayig
Have these cars really been released? The website says they're available NOW...

And does anyone know if the parts will be better available then they were for the t1?
The FK05 is still a T1. They have already been released. A few Texas hobby shops already selling them and others will recieve theirs on Monday-Tuesday.

RcAmerica is working hard to replenish the parts situation. They are at the mercy of Xray. From my understanding, since Xray is in the process of building/moving to the huge new facility there will still be a moderate parts issue, but when they get things going at the new facility... look out!! Not only will there be a plentiful supply of parts, but there will be some new things to come. So just bear with them for a while and be patient. Growing paigns are unavoidable.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:49 PM   #733
Tech Adept

Default Re: Motor protection

Quote:
Originally posted by Scho
Now does it fit the 415?
hehe, tell you something, i think Fibrelite/light will be getting a few orders for them to create something ever so similar to these motor shields!

made smaller for everyone elses sake
Just got back from Ashby, im ever so knackered, we made a mess of getting there, and an even bigger mess of getting back!!
Ended up heading up your way somehow finding outself with the option M1 North, or M1 South!
Neither were the option we wanted (we wanted the M6 stirahg to Manchester), so we ended up on the Northbound heading through Derby, into Steeler territory and then onto Leeds before getting back home.
Pretty much the way you'd go down, it was like a 150 mile trip rather than the planned 90 miles (thats some mistake to make!)
Sad thing is, we could go back there tomorrow and still get it wrong, its just so far into the middle of nowhere where Ashby doesnt get on any signs till your on top of the place and we only had AA 'turn left at the crossroad at the A1234' type instructions, no map to just head in what might be the right direction.
Think we'll definately be buying a UK road map this week!!

Good days racing, all 3 qualifiers finished for 1pm, 90min waiting for them to get there act together as people had identical laptimes (I was placed 1st in the B after putting in an identical time to 10th in the A, we both did the time in the same round of Qual, different heats, but i had both fastest lap in that heat, and was highest placed before the 3rd round, yet i still got kicked down - now that WONT be happening in TORC thats for sure!) waited another 90min for the ruddy Nitro people to do there 30min and 20min final (i think there was 5 in the first, 3 in the 2nd final!) which was announced as 'only the A final will get a 10min final, others will get the normal 5min' so it was 3hrs from finishing the qualifying before we were allowed back onto the track to do our finals, why the Nitro's couldnt have been last and leave them to bore themself to death for 3/4 of an hour i dont know. Nitro's, bad club organisation and our terrible ability to find our way there and back asside, was a good day really! hehe

Not long to go now, me need new toys!!
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #734
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Scho

Your adventures sound a bit like mine and Robs.........

Went carpet racing today myself, think i would have much rather have been outdoors.

When are you getting your kit? bright and early first thing in the morning?
Scho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:00 PM   #735
Tech Adept

Talking

Got mine a couple of days ago.. It is already built..

Parts fit and finish are exceptional

Remind me to change my avatar guys.....