Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 03-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Me and another racer are each getting a box and splitting it in half...

He's buying the ultimate and I'm buying the additional ultimate spring set and we're each taking 2 of each spring
Old 03-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joel Myrberg
Hi Joneser

I donīt understand your frustration with hard a-arms. I ran in snowbird my first time with foam tires and i ran with same old and standard a-arms as the kit has. My xray car was one of the best. Also Jilles tested before the last qual using more flex topdeck, and after that he took TQ and won both finals, so maybe using more flex chassi would have been even better.

regarding tires, almost everyone everyone in the team ran plaid/purple exept dumas that had trc tires.
On snowbird race using plaid/purple was just easier to drive and faster.

/Joel
With all due respect....you are the professional and I wont claim to know more than you.....I will however argue until I am blue in the face that you would have not been as quick with the more flexible chassis. I am not saying the car will be a bag of poop with the thin chassis and standard top deck. I just know it will be better on carpet with the thick chassis and top deck. The guys that run carpet in the US know from years of testing....the less flex you have on carpet the better the car should be. I am also not saying the hard arms will instantly make my car better. I am saying that the US guys have been running them for about a year....and wont take them off their car....I will go out on a limb here and say its because they are better for that application. The standard rear arms flex a great deal....much of that has to do with the position of the droop screw. We had someone move a droop screw outside of the existing one and had a chassis cut that allowed this to work....the arm had much less flex!

Many here are having a hard time accepting any critizism about anything. I have had 4 Xrays and my 5th will be here next week....I am not here bashing anything...I just want to be able to run the car that is winning races on carpet....It sort of sucks that I wont have it next week either...I have to throw in 100+ to reproduce Jilles car.

Paul....the parts issue was enough of an issue that I was lending parts to guys that had 50% sponsorships....I ordered 2 kits...one for spares and had extra diffs....So they came to me. Now that is a problem!

I communicated with RC America today and they said they misunderstood my question but still did not know when some of the newer parts would be availble. I wont worry about a battery strap if its 45.00 US. That is not cool!!!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dway100
Tonyv
Are the optional .75 susp. holders going to be available soon? They are not listed with the option parts - the only place they are mentioned is on the setup sheets.
Thanks
I'll have to check with Mario what the deal is on these. Couldn't find them on the parts listing either... I'll report back when I know more.
Old 03-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Mine is finished........
But no camera....
Doh!
And racing 12th at the weekend so I cant test it!
Old 03-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default FK05

Where can I buy one in western Canada? Or should I order through the US somewhere?And if so where?
Thanks
Old 03-18-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The Canadian shipmet should be arriving as early as Monday.

Contact Canada RC www.canadarc.net and they can refer you to a dealer in your area
Old 03-18-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Smartarse88
Mine is finished........
But no camera....
Doh!
And racing 12th at the weekend so I cant test it!
Right, thats it!
I can deal with overseas people having it before me, but now heads must roll!
Damn, where did you pick that up from, i was under the impression that Mirage wouldnt be letting them out of there hands until Friday when they'd be picked up by the courer service.
Im guessing 'inside' job, mates in very high places hehe

Good on ya though, was hoping to get mine Sat Morn, build it up after the footie and then run it at Ashby on the Sunday!
If you wont be testing it this weekend, stick it in the mail to:

Paul ......

I'd have to run it if it was there, giving the 2 fingered salute to all those still waiting (poor chaps like me )
Old 03-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Those that have pre-order the T1FK05 with us, please keep an eye on your email account for comfirmation emails today. We should be shipping the car kits out next week. Please help us speed up the shipping process by replying as soon as possible. Look for the email in about 2-3 hours.

Thank you

Steve Wang
Old 03-19-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh boy!!!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Great!!!! I've been waiting for this for a month!!!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Re: FK05

Originally posted by tandman
Where can I buy one in western Canada? Or should I order through the US somewhere?And if so where?
Thanks

Shops in Western Canada:

R/C Pro Shop
Team 1 hobbies
R/C Pitstop
Savage R/C
One Stop Hobbies
BC Shaver and Hobbies
Model Land
PMS Hobbies
Black Diamond
Kelowna Speedway and hobby

Mid Canada R/C
Project R/C
Elininator R/C
High Octane
The Hobby guys

and to be honest I am sure I have missed at least 10 shops of that list

PM me and I can forward contact info for you

Korgae
Old 03-19-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Great

Thanks Korgae.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Anybody have experience with the old FK kits that could answer the following:
Since the ball diffs are factory built,
do you recommend rebuilding them out of the box, or are they fine factory?
Old 03-19-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

They're great from the factory!! Just check the adjustment and then check again after about 3-4 minutes into the first run on the car. All diffs will loosen up a little as they break in and begin to form a wear pattern on the rings.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
They're great from the factory!! Just check the adjustment and then check again after about 3-4 minutes into the first run on the car. All diffs will loosen up a little as they break in and begin to form a wear pattern on the rings.
great, thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.