R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-05-2005, 05:10 AM   #526
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Tonyv & x-ray have said to me on the `other forum`this FK05 is aimed at the top drivers that is why there is no strap, top drivers preferr tape (apart from ralph burch,jared scott they preferr strap)

Qso what catogary does that put me in??
beginner
old git`s team
young boy`s team
advanced

Does that mean a dave spashett preferrs tape
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:03 AM   #527
Tech Regular

We are expecting the T1FK05 to be released this month as clearly stated on Xray's official website
dhiracing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:11 AM   #528
Tech Adept

It means they opted for tape
It means if you wish to run with one, you buy one

How clear does it need to be??
Its not something up for debate is it, its done, thats what they've gone with.
Why does it need to be questioned over and over.
Why do you need to point out Burch and Scott ran straps but fail to point out the other half-dozen who didnt?

Jilles didnt run with a strap, and he won the 2 main events, if he ran a strap and won, then maybe you'd have some point to use, but as both Groskamp and Myberg were front-runners through the event, why dont we assess there choices closer??
PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:19 AM   #529
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

I think you are missing the point.

It is their decision what the kit will come with like it's your/ours choice to buy it or not!!

Customer surveys, cost and some other reasons "dectate" what the kit will have.
The best would be to have the multi-dif and 2 diffs, and some very important optionals, like the sprint steel hex .
Why don't you moan about them and are wasting your time with the strap? (I know if I buy the car I'll buy the strap too becuase I'm too lazy to use he straps! )

Look what started regarding the diff in US. Last year they gave one-way many people were annoyed, now they give diff another big number of people are anoyed. We (buyers) are too many with too many likes/dislikes and they can't satisfy everyone. They are trying their best though!

Look Tamiya, for one of their top of the line they don't even produce a front dif, only spool and one-way and it is the most expensive car! The reason it's for racers only hence no need for front diff, yet there are many owners that are very happy with that car...

You have clearly make your point (on both forums) regarding having/or not having the strap so PLEASE give it a rest!

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:36 AM   #530
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

oh i see
if i don`t agree with every thing that x-ray does or some one else
your answer is
`don`t come to this forum & post `
unless your a kiss arse
sorry boy`s but i`m not a kiss arse,you might be so stick your tongues back in

i can`t see how tonyv & x-ray can learn from you guy`s if your afriad to ask diffulcult questions

i`m still getting one
one thing about the strap `it had nothing to do with with the money side`princible

spring steel axels are importent to you but not me cos i don`t crash that often, so it doesn`t affect me nor does the fact that you have to but the shock tree just for the shock ends (get cut from wide wheels) but that doesn`t affect me either

prices for the x-ray parts don`t bother me either
my idea is if you complain about running cost`s then you can`t afford it,so buy a cheaper car with cheaper bits
Old 03-05-2005, 08:58 AM   #531
Tech Adept

its got nothing to do with critisim, its to do with accepting there decisions. For all the complaining/critisism or whatever you'd like to refer to it as, do you think its going to make any difference at this stage or any other?
You've said your peice, you feel it should come with a strap, im CERTAIN they've heard you, and if they chose to act on this later on then they'll do that, but for now they arent.

So why cant that be accepted, whether its agreed with or not, thats whats happening.
Why does the constant 'tony said this' and 'tony said that' like its going to help your cause any by constantly bringing this subject up, its becoming rather annoying and tiresome.

You have every right to express your opinion, but surely you've done that now, you've not brought anything new to your debate to make things change, its just the same 'rant'.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:05 AM   #532
Shop Owner

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to nnick Send a message via MSN to nnick Send a message via Yahoo to nnick Send a message via Skype™ to nnick

My fellow racer, it's one think stating your thouhts about something YOU think important and another thing to keep on bringing the subject on every occasion!

It's not ass kissing to understand what is going on behind pricing and other issues.

Nick

The #1 source for all your electric needs www.rcring.eu

Enjoy RCing....
R/C Tech #82
IRT #123

Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong

Team Xray T4'17, Team Xray X10'18, TOP Racing Rebel
nnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 09:17 AM   #533
Tech Elite

Likewise paul
same old same old

If you took the words
whinning,moaning,complaining,ranting,bitching out of these post`s you would not have a forum

And if some come`s on here or another thread & dissagrees with some thing in said thread don`t flame them cos you can`t have them in your pocket or they don`t give the right answer according to you

When racers show a opinion ,this is how certain company`s pick up ideas on how to deal with it,

If certain users don`t like the answers to certain problems `Don`t post`
doesn`t mean they are wrong like you suggest ,it means they have ideas & feelings that are different to you, you never know You might be wrong so back off let them post

the old saying here
`IF THE CAP FITS WEAR IT``

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 03-05-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #534
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Post Groskamp setup from the Birds....

Does anyone have Groskamp's T1FK05 setup from the Birds?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:13 PM   #535
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So Apex you building my shocks? LOL
I thought I or maybe Tom was bad with getting cars. You're getting one too?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:41 PM   #536
Tech Master

Anybody try Shock Alternatives on the T1?
For instance do the HPI or Tamiya shocks fit the the T1 and would they be an upgrade?
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #537
Tech Adept

I remember being told one of the top British drivers had tried a few different shocks on there car but ended up going back to the xray ones, I have a feeling the driver wasnt a kit sponsored driver only everything else, but it could have been one of the full sponsored lads.
If it was one of the sponsored drivers, then chances are they'd be forced to run xray shocks anyway, and could be the only reason, though if it was the other person i think it may have been, it could have been because of problems they created.

I still cant fault the alum shocks though, each to there own etc i cant remember much about how the plastics were for this problem, i just know ive only just recently re-built mine whilst trying to fix a loose rear end problem, and the shocks were all perfectly matched (so says me and the Losi shock tool) and only a little discoloured so personally i have no gripes with them at all, i've actually got 2 sets of the shocks, i bought a packet and then purchased the FK of someone who'd just bought it but had decided to get out of RC, and i was fortunate enough to get there kit which included these on there, so the others are still packeted up
My current ones will go straight onto the FK05, no doubt about it, the plastic ones will go onto the '04 and straight onto ebay.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #538
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm running a Tamiya 415 right now while waiting for the FK05. The 415 of course comes with the famous flourine coated shocks. I am seriously thinking about putting some Tamiya shocks on my FK05. I do have to say the Tamiya shocks are real smooth and are indeed worth the money, about the only thing that is good on the 415!!! I will however miss the the clicking system xray has though.

Dom
Old 03-06-2005, 11:36 PM   #539
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was just joking about the shocks guys. My last Xray I had no problems with the shocks. Although I also own a 414M and have had many Tamiya cars; their shocks are a snap to build.
Old 03-07-2005, 01:04 AM   #540
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by dhiracing.com
We are expecting the T1FK05 to be released this month as clearly stated on Xray's official website
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote