R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-10-2006, 07:16 AM   #5311
Tech Adept

Default Rear Anti-Roll Bar

Howdy,

What's the story with the rear anti-roll bar? I just tried to fit mine up and it touches the rear pully. If I shim it with washers to space it out, then the bar doesn't seem to be held very securely. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't this damn thing just fit?

MIKE
MadMikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:20 AM   #5312
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
so far i think the RW's are the best I've used... true and light. 85 fits a charm. for ratio, it really depends on the track you're running on... ask the local hotshots what they're doing, and run a 5% shorter ration, as they're probably asking more from their motor than you'd want to

can anyone help on my shock end question? Which shock ends to use on TRF shocks to make them fit an FK05? Can't seem to get enough droop for now, even non accounting for the notch in the shock body. Thanks!
I have some shock towers that were made to solve that issue, PM me if interested...
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:28 AM   #5313
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeB
Howdy,

What's the story with the rear anti-roll bar? I just tried to fit mine up and it touches the rear pully. If I shim it with washers to space it out, then the bar doesn't seem to be held very securely. Am I missing something here? Shouldn't this damn thing just fit?

MIKE
You're not doing anything wrong. For some reason , Xray says the roll bars should fit, but they really don't without modifications. I had to do the same thing when I had the car. Good luck.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
kewdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #5314
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

See the FAQ section on the XRay website here: rear anti-roll bar mounting. It is the 7th item in the list.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #5315
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv
See the FAQ section on the XRay website here: rear anti-roll bar mounting. It is the 7th item in the list.
Problem solved. But, how about the front? There's very limited adjustability and it rubs on the universal bone.

Trinity / Epic / Revtech / VBC Racing USA / Mugen Seiki / Hot Race Tyres / SkyRocket Racing / SUPAFAST RC
Old 10-10-2006, 03:20 PM   #5316
Tech Regular

You are right, at the front it is a bit tight. However you should be able to get at least 1mm clearance with the set screw still catching the roll bar. Just push the ball out until you have that 1mm clearance and fix it in place at that point.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #5317
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv
You are right, at the front it is a bit tight. However you should be able to get at least 1mm clearance with the set screw still catching the roll bar. Just push the ball out until you have that 1mm clearance and fix it in place at that point.
That's only good, if, you not trying to make the bar stiffer.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #5318
Tech Adept

Thanks guys, I managed myself to arrive at the XRAY solution to the problem eventually and it looks fine. Next, the (apparently) dreaded front.
MIKE
MadMikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:02 PM   #5319
Tech Addict

Am I prevented from using the heavier springs and carpet setups with a standard chassis and upper deck (on carpet with foam tires)?

Any setup suggestions for use with the 2.5 chassis and narrow upper? Or do I just follow the carpet setups regardless?
Iceracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:24 PM   #5320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A lot of people are running the standard chassis with great success on carpet.

Don't rely on the posted setups as the only option. Use them as a starting point and then adjust from there to suit your specific track and driving style and I'm certaint aht you'll be able to find a result you're more than happy with
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #5321
Tech Addict

Is the rubber shock bladder from Xray still the way to build the shocks? Is there any generic bladder I can find more easily at my local hobby shop?

Am I correct that the o rings used in the shocks are different from the standard o rings used on most other cars and trucks? I tried using the ones that I use on my Losi XXXT and it created far more drag on the shock rod after the cap was tighened down. The xray o rings seem very much like silicone rubber, extra soft.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:20 PM   #5322
Tech Addict

Anyone find that the rear rims when using foam tires are cutting into the lower shock eye when using the outer most hole? The setups I've looked at all specify using hole #2, but I can see that during compression of the suspension, the inner edge of the rim rubs against and cuts into the lower shock end. Any suggestions?
Old 11-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #5323
GK
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceracer
Anyone find that the rear rims when using foam tires are cutting into the lower shock eye when using the outer most hole? The setups I've looked at all specify using hole #2, but I can see that during compression of the suspension, the inner edge of the rim rubs against and cuts into the lower shock end. Any suggestions?
You need to cut the area where shock attaches to rear arm, see page 6 of the manual (read "tip" on top of the page).
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #5324
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
You need to cut the area where shock attaches to rear arm, see page 6 of the manual (read "tip" on top of the page).
Yes, that square block area is completely removed. Yet when the suspension is near full compression, the inner edge of the rim still rubs the lower shock eye and has taken bites out of it. I see there are two mounting holes not far apart. Both for the shocks?? I'm going to try the inner hole, which gives sufficient clearance, and see how that affects handling. It should soften the rear spring and shock rate slightly.

Anyone tell me how to tell what is the optimal belt tension?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #5325
GK
Suspended

You can file a groove deeper into the arm and shave the ball joint a little you'll be all set...
GK is offline   Reply With Quote