R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-04-2005, 02:47 PM   #511
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can buy strapping tape at any home center or office supply store. Pan car racers have been using tape to secure batteries forever. It's very easy to do and holds the batteries better than a strap. Stop whining.
Mike Mandio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 06:37 PM   #512
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Never stops amazing me how anybody who has a different opinion than someone else has to be whining.

The strap was in the pics, its a good looking strap, and some people just don't wan't to bother with tape.

Why does that have to be whining? Its just personal preference.

I got an idea, for everybody on the entire boards that has told someone to stop whining, why don't you stop judging people. Because guess what, your opinion isn't anymore important than anyone elses. You don't like what they have to say ignore it. "Stop whining" its like the new favorite phrase on the boards these days.

I get sick of all these experts on the board who instantly decide who is or isn't whining. Get over yourselves...and let people post in peace...
Old 03-04-2005, 07:02 PM   #513
Tech Adept

perhaps if people telling everyone to stop judging others stopped bossing people around....

Yeah, could go on for a while couldnt it

PaulC2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #514
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulC2K
perhaps if people telling everyone to stop judging others stopped bossing people around....

Yeah, could go on for a while couldnt it

Old 03-04-2005, 07:13 PM   #515
Tech Master

From what i have heard at socal the fk05 will be pushed back till december is this true

if so that suks
hpipro321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 07:50 PM   #516
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

err, who told you that? the site says 21 March.
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:21 PM   #517
Tech Adept

Have i missed a memo??

has it gone from:
March 3rd
March 4rd
March 5th

to:
March 3rd
March 4rd
April 1st
??

Would have been nice if at least one person could have told me this! :P
Old 03-04-2005, 08:50 PM   #518
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

i was told it would be the 20th. thats all i know.
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 08:51 PM   #519
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to dado11g Send a message via AIM to dado11g Send a message via Yahoo to dado11g

...of march... that is
dado11g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 10:10 PM   #520
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Arrow

they say that patience is a virtue right now i'm losing it i just hope that the kit will really be released this march
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 11:15 PM   #521
Tech Adept

Im pretty sure it will be out this month buboy, just some people are extremely gullable, to the extent that they can be told a kit due in 2 weeks wont be here really for 9 months!

If its not out in March, then it'll be out early April.

I cant see a reason for it not being released at that date, they'll have tens of thousands of the kits probably sat there ready to go out this week, only a serious problem would cause it not to launch on the due date.

Lets not get all worked up about some daft rumour though, we only got the expected date about a week ago, were now 16 days from release (UK gets it sooner by 6-8hrs and you lot ) and with that sort of timeframe, they'd know what they were capable of, 6 months ago saying 1 specific date there could be delays and changes, but im pretty sure Xray know when its do-able, they'd have had thousands of the kits sat there when announcing the date last week, and thousands more being packed up since then.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:51 AM   #522
Tech Regular

The date is 21st of March. Barring major disasters out of our control that is. I.e. planes crashing, new import laws, MR Jolly hijacking a shipment in protest

For the latest official news I suggest you occassionally check XRay's website to counterbalance hearsay and gossip...
Old 03-05-2005, 03:48 AM   #523
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

i have actually got one coming through the LHS
i haven`t got one from the states, i could do
have to wait & see
That yoke looks good with a strap

Whining
such a unpleasent word funny really whining,moaning,bitching,complaining if you take them out of all the post`s you wouldn`t have a forum

At least i moan up front

i think the buying the whole shock tree is crap to get the worn out shock end
but i don`t moan about that,
MR JOLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 03:54 AM   #524
jas
Tech Apprentice

Well, Xray's reason for not including the battery strap is not to have us paying for something that we might not need. Okay, so drop the kit's price to make that reason legitimate (of course Xray will say they already have). It's not "damned if you don't". Xray won't be damned if they say.. "Ok, we are not including the battery strap, but we lower the price". Xray is damned because they are saying.. "We are hiking up the kit's price, AND we are not giving you the battery strap."

IMHO, it may not really be about whether the battery strap is necessary for experts or beginners or need it for carpet or whatever. People are pissed because Xray use some lame excuses... "oh, we don't want you to pay for something you might not need", or worst... "battery straps are for beginners". Why not just be straight and honest, say you want to make more money, no one will blame you for that, or even better... "we want to fund our R&D so we can make better cars for you".

End of rambling.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:30 AM   #525
Tech Adept

Alternatively, they could do what most other companies happily do, which is give you a product, have no form of communication with you at all, and say buy the kit, got a problem with, then F*** off and buy someone elses!

There will be cost cutting reasons for it, and the fact that its a hop-up not an essential item for the kit, that i think its perfectly acceptable for it not to be included, i'd certainly rather it did come with one, but fact is, it doesnt.

Be more open with customers and say if the strap will be available on the release of the kit, what its part number is and its price, but its better if you actually just ignore everyone, lock yourself in a room and just focus on building kits rather than try and answer any questions, and thats the best way to go about things?

The biggest problem with people within xray communicating is that there then expected to answer for every decision thats made, and if 1 person doesnt like it, then all hell has to be let loose because of it! They get moaned at for including a 1-way in the FK kits in the states, and then when they go out of there way to provide what they've been asked to provide, that gets complained about too.

Nobody has complained that there isnt both a ball-diff and a 1-way (or M-D in the case of the FK'05) and dya know why?
Because it'd cost more to include both, and cos the other is a ruddy hop-up part, its an aftermarket item you can buy if you wish to.