Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 01-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I was thinking the same thing . . . Plus its further back. Those .00007 of a second are REALLY going to make a difference cuz I am that good . . . NOT! I have seen that bumper and thought it was for house transponders to hang on a long body clip between the front body posts. I will have to look again tomorrow at the store.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc1racer
Andrew, Xray used to make a foam bumper that had a cut out that put it between the upper and lower bumper mounts. Thats the way Larry B mounts his. Putting the PT on the side of the servo could get it damaged in a crash. I've heard of that happening.

Gary
If your hands don't shake and you can keep from cutting yourself, you can do the same as I have to my T2 stock bumper with a standard hobby knife. You can find pics here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...09#post2044409
Old 01-06-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Wow, the T2 looks awful tight. Looks like you were barely able to fit your receiver and speed control. I know this is the FK05 forum but many of us may look toward getting the T2 as it becomes more popular. What is XRay's recommendation on suitable electronics to fit the T2?

Of course the LRP Quantums will fit but what about others like those for brushless motors?
Old 01-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Wow, the T2 looks awful tight. Looks like you were barely able to fit your receiver and speed control. I know this is the FK05 forum but many of us may look toward getting the T2 as it becomes more popular. What is XRay's recommendation on suitable electronics to fit the T2?

Of course the LRP Quantums will fit but what about others like those for brushless motors?
You can always stack the receiver over the servo (or you can put it behind the servo if you are running 9550 low profile) if you are running BL...I don't see any other way around.....
Old 01-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Officially...whatever you prefer.

But don't let the lack of space fool you. Keep in mind that a major part of the whole design is to lower the CG while centralizing mass closer to the cars centerline. Standing the receiver (normally pretty light) on its side in order to fit any ESC would be better than raising it up onto the servo. But if you're not looking for speed near the .05s range, then on top of the servo will be fine.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

[start shameless plug for Ko Propo]
wont have any trouble fitting a Ko Propo Helios receiver (302f) along with a VFS-1 (w/cap mounted on top).

for mod drivers... VFS-1 w/heatsink..and wire the capacitor so it sits on top of the servo.

i had no space problems on my old T1FK05 with Ko Propo electronics and a full size servo. (ko propo of course. ) i had my PT on top of the servo.

[/end shameless plug for Ko Propo]
Old 01-07-2006, 08:41 PM

i konw XRAY comes out with the replacement every 3 weeks
but, i just picked up a 05 and a carpet 04... are they still going to be competitive? I am just a club racer, although i do race some of the bigger events occasionally.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Both cars are fantastic...

My FK was great..but I was able to show huge improvements when I switched to the FK05...

My FK05 is working so well that some think I'm crazy for switching to the T2....but I just can't help it...

I'm sure you'll enjoy the new cars...
Old 01-07-2006, 08:48 PM

sweet. Thanks dude. I m switching from the JRXS....
Old 01-08-2006, 09:29 PM

what all do i need to make the car carpet competitve
Old 01-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It all depends on who you ask, how finicky and sensitive you are, and what classes you'll be running...

One of the beauties with the FK05 is that there seem to be so many ways to make it perform...and even if the setup is a little off it's still fast...

I think thatis a large part of why so many people see rapid improvements when using the FK05...it doesn't have to be perfect to handle well and be fast....but at the same time..the closer you get, the easier it becomes to drive fast...

Check out www.teamxray.com and go to the xforum area. On the xforum there is a searchable database of setups....you may even be able to find a setup for the track you run at!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChrisP
I think that is a large part of why so many people see rapid improvements when using the FK05...it doesn't have to be perfect to handle well and be fast....but at the same time..the closer you get, the easier it becomes to drive fast...
Exactly true. And even more so with the T2.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:48 AM

so, say i am running stock class, i been running and highly competitive in off road for 9 yrs, and switched to on road.

I run stock class, 2-3 times a month, just for fun, till the summer, when i rac asphalt. I have the 2.5 chassis, and a multi diff....

thinking bout picking up another FK05 with a spare CARPET chassis, keeeping that, and selling the FK i have now....
Old 01-09-2006, 10:48 AM

OR, should i just sell my FK and buy the new T2....
Old 01-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

XRAY has stated in a recent item on their website that spares for the T1 series will be available for a long time.

That's good news for all T1 owners!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.