R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #5026
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

they work great only if you stay off the boards acer makes a good bearing at a great price. good way to get your feet wet. boca also makes a good bearing and what i feel a better sealed unit, but they are pricey. hope this helps
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #5027
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I never really saw the need with the FK05....the bearings were free and smoothas it is...
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #5028
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Hey thanks shane for understanding my side, I'm getting emails from guys I dont know cussing at me for having a opinion and both sided used foul language. I think you are being unfair.
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #5029
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I tried looking back through all the useless babble to find info and different caster settings and couldn't find it or I over looked it. Basically what does going to 4.5 or 6 deg do differently then the 3 deg blocks? Thanks.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:00 PM   #5030
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
they work great only if you stay off the boards acer makes a good bearing at a great price. good way to get your feet wet. boca also makes a good bearing and what i feel a better sealed unit, but they are pricey. hope this helps
Thanks Kerry. I will look into them.
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:10 PM   #5031
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main
I don't even run xray shit anymore.
If you dont run X-Ray sh*t anymore. Then stay away from this thread like Shane said!!!! You are like a hemroid that won't go away!! And change your avitar also..You are not representing X-ray too well. In fact you are making them look bad.

Why dont you go and play around in Traxxas's forum boards. I think you fit in much more there...
HRCRACER123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #5032
Tech Elite

ok....B Main apologised to GP and things were civil until someone else dredged it up....

then the attacks started being thrown around....

the Way B Main originaly acted I personally think he deserved a little bit of an attack(but it should have been a mod or admin reprimanding him in pm) ....but the people pushing things right now are out ofline and taking this thread back in a direction it really does not need to go...

Can we all please just drop it and move on to something more productive....like racing our toy cars for bowling trophies
Old 01-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #5033
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
I tried looking back through all the useless babble to find info and different caster settings and couldn't find it or I over looked it. Basically what does going to 4.5 or 6 deg do differently then the 3 deg blocks? Thanks.
Here's an excerpt from the new Hudy Setup Book which should be available for download from the website soon:

Caster angle affects on- and off-power steering, as it tilts the chassis more or less depending on how much caster is set. Generally, a lower caster angle (more upright) is better on slippery, inconsistent, and rough surfaces, and a higher caster angle (more inclined) is better on smooth, high-traction surfaces.

More caster angle (more inclined) has the following effects:

Increases straight-line stability.
Decreases steering at corner entry.
Increases steering at mid-corner and corner exit.

Note that depending on the track surface and tire hardness, these effects may be different in that you may always have more steering with more caster. This is especially true for high-traction tracks and/or soft tires.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:01 PM   #5034
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Brian, are you talking about carpet or asphalt? It makes a big difference. Carpet/foams certain tuning options have the opposite effect than they do on rubber tire/asphalt or even rubber tire/carpet. Usually it's the type of tire (foam or rubber) that makes the biggest difference in how the car is affected by those tricky things like caster, not so much the hardness of the tire.

Also keep in mind that if you are running a setup with a lot of camber rise, then you might go overboard with caster causing the car to have way too much total camber during cornering. You can easily check this on the setup board.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #5035
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Anthony
I recently tried a 6deg from a 3deg. What I noticed was that the frontend rolls in more on the turns. If you think about it, as the wheel turns, the caster angle forces the outside wheel to make more negative camber while the inside front wheel does the opposite.

Its great for smooth rounded tracks with tight sweepers and keyholes. However I don't think its good for switchbacks or tracks with a lot of tight transitionals. Tracks like those you don't want to roll too much.

Anyways, I'm looking to try out my new 1deg and 2 deg alum. rear uprights. I read somewhere that I could get more cornering speed using those. If anyone can clarify or dispute that fact, I would appreciate it
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:28 PM   #5036
Tech Elite

With foams on relatively smooth carpet, if you lessen the front static camber to around 1d and stand the shocks as upright as possible, 6d of caster can be effective through the switchbacks as well.

Always remember to reduce your static negative camber when increasing caster. Somewhere around .5d for every 1.5d of caster increase. So if you typically use 2.0d of front static camber with 3d caster blocks, switching to 6d caster blocks will require only 1.0d of front static camber in order to keep the contact patch more level throughout the steering throw range.
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
teamgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #5037
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 2 New '05s and no multi diffs

Did they include multi diffs in the US kits? If so, when? This last one I purchased had a 3mm chassis as well.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #5038
Tech Elite

No to Multi diffs in the US kits....and the last bunch of FK05's from RCAmerica apparently came with 2mm and 3mm chassis as there was a shortage of the 2.5mm chassis
Old 01-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #5039
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP
No to Multi diffs in the US kits....and the last bunch of FK05's from RCAmerica apparently came with 2mm and 3mm chassis as there was a shortage of the 2.5mm chassis
Thanks.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:08 PM   #5040
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Page 3..cheez!

Do we need to start a Thread for everybody that just got a FK05 from all the guys that are waiting for their T2's.
OldNSlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote